Klipsch Heritage Series Owners Informal Poll

1. Own LaScala, would love to own them all!

2. Age 21 then.

3. Age 37 now.

4. Why LaScala, loud, clear and efficient with little power.

5. I would like a Belle for a center and Heresy at the rear.

6. No. Heritage should remain for the respected old timers. Maybe there should be a Heritage II line.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. currently own- Heresy II

2. What was your age- 19

3. What is your current age? 35

4. Why did you choose Heritage ? Liked that horn

5. If you could purchase some more Klipsch speakers which ones would you

purchase? Khorns Why? Why mess around.. we all want to!

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage"

line, since it was also designed by PWK? Will have to see if they are

worthy

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own?

I own a pair of vintage 1978 Cornwalls. Of course I'd love to own the "Mighty Khorns!"

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker?

My dad bought them new in '78. I obtained them in '99 at 37.

3. What is your current age?

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model?

Because of their longevity, their proven design...they're classic, in a league all their own!

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

Any/all of the Heritage series, for the reason stated above.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

Most definately, as long as it doesn't replace an existing model. Personally, I'd love to see the Cornwall model come back as well!

----------------

9.gif2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

1) Cornwall IIs in the early 70s. Heresy IIs since about 1988.

2) About 25.

3) 54

4) Originally, there was only the "Heritage" series. Looked at Forte when I came across a person with the Heresys needing to sell them.

5) Cornwalls - have missed them since the afternnon of the day I sold them. LaScalas or Belles - just don;t have the space for the K'horns.

6) No, I would like to see the Cornwall reintroduced to round out the original Heritage line. The Jubilee was not part of the PWK line when he owned the company. It does deserve a special designation, though.

I owned Heresy's (1977) and I currently own 1976 Cornwalls.

In the mid 70's, there were no other Klipsch models.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

I would buy Klipschorns...I have always loved this speaker.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

No...it should stand alone.

Kevin

Klipsch and McIntosh...a match made in heaven.

1989-2001 CornwallII

now Klipschorn

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? 27

3. What is your current age? 40

Fell in love with sound.

CornwallII

Just because they were like my first love.

No, Klipsch should create for it a new highend line made

of no-compromise speakers

Mauro (& Klipschorn)

2.gif

Thanks for the opportunity to take this trip...

Currently: Klipschorns, Belle, Cornwalls... and an Academy masquerading as a Heritage

Previously Klipschorns... dating back to a mono-system in the mid 50's and LaScalas upon returning from overseas.

16 first purchased a used car... and 16 1/2 then purchased used mono K-horn (pre-stereo Hi-Fi)

64... Medicare comes on May 3, 03!

Frequent live concert goer who likes the "live" sound over the "audiophile" predigested pseudo-sound.

Probably more Klipschorns to make a seven K-horn HT... and maybe some inverted LaScalas for effects speakers ala Q-Man.

Since the speakers PWK designed were not designed specifically as a Heritage line... it seems only fitting that the Jubilee be considered a "Heritage" speaker... but their ought to be also sufficient tribute those who are making it come to fruition... especially Ernie! If and when they get off the glue pot... I may be a candidate for the Jubilee experience in the future.

I've got to take the time and re-read this thread. Of course, I also have about 18 other Klipsch speakers... but its those grand old Khorns that really warm my cockles! -HornEd

Currently own a pair of Heresy IIs and a pair of Cornwalls

I loved the sound of my Promedia 5.1s but just wanted a "bigger" sound. My Dad's best friend died and his brother was selling a pair of Heresy and Cornwalls for a very good price, so I had to get them.

I would buy another pair of Cornwalls because mine are not in 'perfect' condition.

(Klipschorn, Belle Klipsch, LaScala, Cornwall, or Heresy ONLY please)owners answer the following questions:

1973 K-horns, 1985 La Scala

18 years old

28 years young.

So I could use my tube amps with them. High Sens speakers are the best!

I would buy the Jubilee if it was for sale now. See #4 above.

Maybe, it is closer to the Heritage designs, but is a newer speaker that could get it's own group name. I say that Klipsch should build a whole new line of modern horn speakers!

Regards, JLH

• 2 months later...

Greetings:

I am a 50 year old audiophile and file.

I own a pair of heresy's, 2 pair of LaScala's (one pair for sale), a pair of Cornwallwall II's. I was 23 when I bought my fist pair. In all instances, the Klipsch sounded better with my McIntosh tube equipment.

I also own a pair of Chorus II's, NIB, and am getting a set of RF7's.

The only speakeaker that IMHO came close was a power hungry beauty Gale in the mid -'70s. I've listened to Pradigm, PSB, POLK, Legacy, etc. and while they sound nice for a while, sustained listening shows weaknesses to me and my hearing curve. So as a newbie to the board I feel the Jubilees as designed by Mr. Klipsch should be added.

Answers

1. I own Heresy (I), Cornwall (I)

2. ummm... 19 or 20

3. 32 but i feel much younger

4. I purchased them used, and Heritage were easier to find and higher end

5. Anything Heritage... I'd like to assemble a 7.1 system with a DIY heritage center channel.

6. I have not seen or heard the Jubilee, but it would have to share it's timber with the other in the series (same or similar high and mid range horns)

• 2 weeks later...

=========================================================

1. I have owned almost the full Klipsch Heritage line up, with the exception of the Heritage Belle. I have heard the Belles in a Home Theater setup using bells as Left, Center, and Right channels in a HT that Ovation Audio did a couple of years ago for a "dream home" here in my hometown. I liked the set up, but the sub/ bottom cabinets at that time, were in the ceilings...? IMO a big mistake. But hey, it was a good exersize in seeing what works.

I started with my own love affair with Klipsch at 15 yrs old with the Heresies. Later while in college, I bought a used set of Cornwalls (My only Klipsch "steal of a deal" at 200 dollars for the pair!! wooo hooo.) While at Indiana University I used 2 paired sets (4 speakers) of the La Scala industrial lineup, sometimes for DJ'ing, working parties on or off campus or sometimes in a Live Band situation. (We also had two double 18" JBL cabinets to supplement a little lower end too. It was needed.)

When I got out of school, and bought my house a few years later, I purchased or as I like to say, I "invested in" (From my local dealer, waited 6 weeks for my babies) a pair of Oiled Oak Klipschorns. I will never sell them, they were a lifelong dream. The moment they arrived was kinda like the saying at the end of the film, and I am paraphrasing here...From "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory," when Mr. Wonka sais to Charlie.."Do you know what happens when you finally get everything you ever wanted?? You live happily ever after!!" I still love the fulness of the Klipschorn sound to this day!! I have other Klipsch speakers but this is a heritage post, so no need to go into that for now.

2. I was 15, and worked ALL summer, and then some, for it.

3. 42

4. Heritage at first, because it was all they sold/had. The model specifically "Heresy" because it was all I could afford. Other models as my rooms got bigger and I could afford them too. BTW, the same Heritage Heresies in a dorm room....OMG they rocked!!

5. Looking into that a lot lately. I am building a HT next year, with a dedicated room...so I will look for all of your suggestions on the BB. I am looking for a possible heritage HT, or the newer stuff.

6. Yes... This should be dedicated to Paul...Maybe on the anniversary of his death or even better on his birthday so we celebrate his LIFE too. Klipsch should make a big deal about it. But also, and this is way beyond a key points here... 1.) ONLY if it really is better than the K horn. To tarnish that, would be a big mistake.

And 2.) Only if they get support from dealers to actually have it in the showrooms too. Otherwise, people will never hear, see, or IMO purchase it... Give one to the selected dealers that are big Klipsch sellers....for show only to demo... Special order this from Klipsch. Hope this helps in the survey! Call it "The Klipsch Demo Tour". it would be hard to believe they would not sell a few in most big cities and make it worth while!!

heresy 99U053/4

they were there

crazy for speakers :)

no comment

Heresy I (early 70's)

they were a great Bargin-at least to me! The B/B members made me do it!!!!

crazy for Klipsch !

Jubilee???? What is it and how much?

3.gif

Hooray!! Now I get to answer this post.

1. Own 1968 Klipschorns, walnut oil, older and better looking than I am. 1.gif Wouldn't mind having a Heritage HT; another pair of Khorns for rears, Belles or LaScalas for centers, maybe some Heresys for side surrounds.

2. 33, but first heard the Klipschorn at 18. Been wanting them ever since.

3. 33 (just picked them up this week!!)

9.gif9.gif

4. I started with Forte II because I couldn't afford Klipschorns. Grew into Chorus IIs, but was re-introduced to Mr. Paul's masterpiece at his book signing last year. I knew I had to have a pair of my own and now I own the best.

5. See #2, though I would love to get a pair of OO Quartets to replace the KG 1.2s for rear center to complete the "almost Heritage" family. 1.gif

6. I suppose so, but I think it would be better as a stand-alone.

1. I own 1980 Cornwalls - want to own khorns.

2. I was 20 when I purchased them.

3. I am now 43.

4. In 1980, no speakers in the world sounded better to me than the Klipsch Heritage line and they were big and beautiful.

5. I would like khorns but size could be an issue - another pair of cornwalls or belles are possibly in the future as well as heresys for rear surrounds to match the cornwall front surrounds.

6. No opinion yet. Haven't seen or heard them.

Hi -- Answers follow each question:

I have a pair of Klipschorns, I believe as the third owner, a natural mahogany pair from 1962 or 1963

I first purchased a pair of K-Ortho-12 Shorthorns, traded back to buy one Model T (K-Ortho-15 only), around 1960. I moved up through unfinished K-horns in the 1970s (using the T's drivers for one), and purchased my current, fully-finished K-horns in the early 1980s.

60's

To me, nothing else ever sounded like the real thing the way Klipsch did, notwithstanding sound purity issues which have now mostly been resolved (for me) thru lots of tweaks and accessories.

I am very satisfied with my K-horns and have no reason to buy other Heritage speakers. However, I just upgraded with the new K-horn update kit (Tw, squawker driver, X-over & wires ).

Sounds very logical. What do you think the company's plans are for the Heritage line?

Thanks for your responses!!

Thank you -- Larry Clare

• 2 weeks later...

1977 La Scala

On my wish list for 30 years before purchase. Have never found post Heritage speakers to sound as rich and full. Though, I haven't auditioned Chorus, they would look to be comparable to Cornwall.

KHorns. Have to hear them.

If it sounds "heritage" then the PWK design credentials are above reproach!

• 3 weeks later...

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase

some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you

purchase? Why?

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the

"Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

--------------------

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned? Cornwall I, Klipschorn

currently own? Cornwall I, Klipschorn

want to own? I am satisfied with my system know.

2. I was 27 when I bought my first pair of Cornwalls in 1980.

Bought my first pair of klipschorns in 2000 (1984 Khorns),

got a second pair 1975 Khorns) in 2003. and still have all of them.

3. 50

4. First heard the Khorn, LaScala and Cornwall in the mid 70s.

Clearest sound I ever heard from any loudspeaker.

5. If I lost my current system, I think I would buy the same

speakers used.

6. No. I have not heard the Jubilee but think it should go in a new

class of its own.

I can't think of any product of any kind that I am more satisfied with, and have been satisfied with for 23 years.