The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Scrappydue, I bet it was nice with the projector, Cinema speaker and SI subs.  That movie is made for a big pictures and has some decent bass to be reproduce by a capable system!  The bass scenes in Godzilla may be filtered but, they slam so much in the 16-30 Hz range that it is definetly one I will purchase next month along with Captain America Winter Solider.  I will get them for $9.95 at Family Video.

Tasdom are the Belles in the HT or a 2 ch system?  They would make for an awesome front stage.

Edited by derrickdj1

This was definitely better than the first one, Captain America-Winter Solider. Lot of action, decent storyline. This is worth a rental and possible add to the collection for Marvel Comic lovers. Good subwoofer stuff in this movie!

watched this last night with a buddy first movie on the new projector. And really since I've had the denon 4520 with xt-32. Just amazing! My setup is close to where I want it.

Worthy of a blind buy or just a rental?  btw you need to update that signature :)

Did you watch 3D?

I watched it in 3d. Its a great movie.

Edited by reference_head

Transformers, Age of Extinction;  The cast of characters has changed.  Shia Leboeuf is gone and in comes Marky, Mark.  Good cinematography, lots of ULF effect but, not the best use of it that I have seen this year.  This one is worth a rental for Transformer fans.  This was a summer blockbuster so it is a long, long, movie, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

I rewatched a couple of scenes and my suspicions are correct.  This is the loudest track that I have heard to date.  And, it stays loud for an extended time peroid.  No bass boost and this is one that can't be turned up to reference without subjecting yourself to permanent hearing damage.  The interesting thing is the ULF is powerful in terms of spl and pressure vessel effect without sucking up a jot of juice.  I am assuming a lot of this ULF was in the 16-30 Hz area and unfiltered.  I am not sure if I want to add this one to the colllection just yet. 

No bass boost and this is one that can't be turned up to reference without subjecting yourself to permanent hearing damage.
On my system, TRON Legacy was like that too. Powerful sounding, but really harsh at times, and the sub sounding like it's gonna bust a seam.

It's a red flag for a clipped audio track, which as of late, I've been running across a lot of DTS-Master soundtracks exhibiting.  :unsure: 

Try AVS forum to see if anyone has run it through an analyzer program yet. Considering the film's target audience, I'd wouldn't doubt it one bit.

• Like 1

Transformers, Age of Extinction;  The cast of characters has changed.  Shia Leboeuf is gone and in comes Marky, Mark.  Good cinematography, lots of ULF effect but, not the best use of it that I have seen this year.  This one is worth a rental for Transformer fans.  This was a summer blockbuster so it is a long, long, movie, lol.

We watched it last week... Audio/video is awesome, and the subs go loud and deep!

• Like 1

We watched it last week... Audio/video is awesome, and the subs go loud and deep!

Some of the pulse waves is the movie are off the hook.  Did you see Godzilla, it has some excellent pulse waves to tingle your eardrums.  TAOE is a bass flick like Tron Legacy but with more continuous bass.  If you like loud then it has it.  The movie need a bit more dynamic range for me.  I would like to see a graph to see how much clipping was in the movie.

• Like 1

Under The Skin

Dark and creepy as hell . It's a bit slow and odd so you have to be in the mood for it . Read the reviews .

Oh yeah , Scarlett Johansson goes full frontal nude . So there's that .

I totally didn't get it till the end.  Guess I'm a little slow.