anyone know of garymd and speakerfritz?

Jay481985

Just spoke to Mike (Speakerfritz). Him and the family are safe! They had a few feet of water in the first floor and they have no power, but he is hanging in there and just glad no one got hurt. Not sure when then will get power back.

Just spoke to Mike (Speakerfritz). Him and the family are safe! They had a few feet of water in the first floor and they have no power, but he is hanging in there and just glad no one got hurt. Not sure when then will get power back.

Good, I know where he lives and remember he lived close to the water when I met him.

Personally , I took a big loss but am happy that my family and everyone I know is safe.

Unfortunately, my community has been devastated and the human suffering is very high.

I have been putting in personal hours to help in the relief effort and have not stood still long enough to participate in any forums.

I was a sad day today when the team found two boys who were missing . buried in rubble and had drown a few yards from high found. There mon had to abandoned their escape vehicle and was not strong enought to carry the boys to safety and lost them both. Her husband , a fireman, was at his post rescuing and saving lives.

You will not hear from me for a while.... There is too much work to do and the eyes of suffering seem to go on infinitely.

Please know that my family and I are well and the material loss has no meaning to us....we are all happy to be able to help.

Go bless and know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

We're just fine. Thanks for asking.

I had the generator ready and enough gas for many days. Fortunately for us, the lights just flickered once, or it could have been my imagination. First time I can remember in the 18 years I've lived in this house that we didn't lose power during a major storm. Glad you're OK Fritz.

Glad to here you and yours are OK

Roger

I had the generator ready and enough gas for many days. Fortunately for us, the lights just flickered once, or it could have been my imagination. First time I can remember in the 18 years I've lived in this house that we didn't lose power during a major storm. Glad you're OK Fritz.

Glad to here you and yours are OK

Roger

Been real busy. I'm both a project manager and a storm shelter evacuation manager. Today was a better day....tons of hot meals delivered to the hungry while still hot. Tons and tons of dry cloths for folks still wearing the clothes they had on their backs the night of the flood. Hundreds of tons of garbage has been removed from flood zone homes. Residences that took a hit are being inspected for safe reoccupancy and the good news is that many are passing.

Everyone that I know that is physically able is involved in some type of out reach group.

Power was restored today and for most of us....the first chance we have had to wash off the flood waters.

The folks in this community do feel the love and are very appreciAtive of the relief efforts.

Take care and be safe.

speakerfritz, thanks for sharing your story, and for your ongoing efforts to help those hard hit by the storm. I'm really far away from it, but reading your post made it clear that many people are suffering due to the storm.

It looks like the worst is over, at least for those who didn't lose family members. That was a really sad story. Lives can't be replaced, but hopefully everything else will soon be back to normal.