Inviting the unknown stranger

Taz

I don't mind the weapon avatar. But I do take issue with that giant spider !! Hope its not your pet. That's one house I won't be visiting.I'd rather be met at the door with a machine gun. Seriously most people who collect firearms,myself included, enjoy well made things. Craftmanship and beauty are in the eye of the beholder. Isn't this why we love our music,movies and systems ? I'm more concerned when people don't have a weapon. Protect your family. Sleep well at night.

• Moderators

I don't mind the weapon avatar. But I do take issue with that giant spider !! Hope its not your pet. That's one house I won't be visiting.I'd rather be met at the door with a machine gun

I'm with you 1000%, I would need that gun if I see a spider like that.

• Haha 1

All good experiences here with forum members. had several forum members to my home here in central AR and sold gear to them and have visited several and bought gear from them. I went to seti's house and got a pair of khorns then later he came to my house and bought them back! I very much prefer to sell gear to guys that are local and can come and listen and look and I hate the whole shipping thing. All of them were nice guys and LOVED to talk about audio. Very knowledgeable and I just soak it up like a sponge being somewhat of a novice myself.

Tim

Its also interesting to note that your current avatar (at the time of this post) is machine gun.

Australian Automatic Arms SAP. Also known as the Tasmanian Devil. Only around 700 made it into the country before they were banned. Semi Auto Pistol, not a machine gun. Has green laser that looks nasty at night. Legal for concealed carry with permit. Fits just dandy under an Out Back coat using the carrying strap. Never had to point it at anyone and hope I never do.

Someone Called me Taz on a Post once and I kinda liked it. ............. [:D] ....Taz.

Lot of nice People on this site, Good stories, Helpful information

• Like 1

Its also interesting to note that your current avatar (at the time of this post) is machine gun.

With an enhanced viewing of this avatar. One can see that all is okay at this time.... lol.

machinegun3.jpg?t=1362089449

End of barrel glowing red...just fired off a few rounds, I guess...

Happiness Is a Warm Gun " is a song by the Beatles

With an enhanced viewing of this avatar. One can see that all is okay at this time.... lol.

machinegun3.jpg?t=1362089449

End of barrel glowing red...just fired off a few rounds, I guess...

Happiness Is a Warm Gun " is a song by the Beatles

It's all good! Met a forum member here in Florida in person. I was smiling when I came and grinning when I left.[H]

Been to Hope, very cool people into sound and music. Will do it again. Had one member over to the house to buy something that I had changed my mind on owning, Very cool person, now I dont have to think about that purchase anymore. I am not a gun or a God nut, to each his own as long as you leave me alone on my corner.

yeah i take him with me the hell with bullets get a big spider dude

lol haha i would freak too. the spiders kinda homage to where love of audio for me as a teen began with soundstream equipment. and the original tarantula amplifierin the 90's. i hate spiders unless wife or kids need 1 off their wall i cant stand alone with a spider they asually help me build up courage ya know. a freind of mine owned a once tame tarantula and with about 1 year of no holding it my buddy wouldnt hold it and siad tarantulas lose their tameness and should only be held at that point by a trained professional(I was helping him move and i had a drink in me and asked him to grab it) idk just thought its interesting. spiders suck. i'll try finding a new avatar

I met two forum members. One in my home and one time at theirs. Both great experiences. I have also met people I thought were decent on CL and had both good and bad experiences. By bad experiences I mean I didn't properly check out their offering in a trade and later found it broken-or partially defective.

I met two forum members. One in my home and one time at theirs. Both great experiences. I have also met people I thought were decent on CL and had both good and bad experiences. By bad experiences I mean I didn't properly check out their offering in a trade and later found it broken-or partially defective.

That can happen on the forum as well[:(]. I wish we had a rating and feedback area similar to e-bays.

i'll try finding a new avatar

I'm surprised it isn't

beeker.jpg

I used the beeker avatar on 1'8nitro race forums and was perfect. i really hadnt considered it again. i appreciate your direction. much more appropriate. its my last name beeker lol

speaking of racing rc forums the most exclusive was rc tech and they rated the way ebay does i have i think 55 positives on there no negs and it shows what others have done and whoo your getting involved with before hand.

craigslist does have a tilt to the people that take JUNK and push it out defective for dollars. if somthings broke its parts, sell it as BROKE(does not WORK!) its total crap to sell junk cause that pushes others into the same practices to sell their junk.

I always keep a different amount of money in every pocket depending what im buying ya know. this is so they dont see a stack of $100's. always put the small bills out ther and appear to be broke and unclamp yer muffler and drive thru a puddle so your vette dont look too nice lol I will say several klipsch forum members i washed my car and given them some $100 cables to pay forward. I have given equipment away litterally AND it came back to me unbelievably. I enjoy bartering with people. most horse traders have nice stuff or a lot at least with somthing to trade. horse trading is addictive

My fiance has at first been very "protective" if I say I am buying something from "the internet". Most of the time, if I am meeting someone from craigslist, she does get very nervous. But now if I say they are from "The Forums", so does not think anything of it at all. I have met a few members. Have enjoyed the systems of two (hopefully more shortly), and find it an interesting place. I have pointed this observation out to others that still "get nervous" about it. This is a great forum.

I met my wife (shown in the attached pic) on the internet. She was teaching in China at the time. This pic is after we had met up with some of her family in Ireland (where she got the shirt). She was taking a short vacation in Maylasia, Thailand, Singapore.

We're are very happy! [;)]

Bruce

post-7149-1381983050079_thumb.jpg

My fiance has at first been very "protective" if I say I am buying something from "the internet". Most of the time, if I am meeting someone from craigslist, she does get very nervous. But now if I say they are from "The Forums", so does not think anything of it at all. I have met a few members. Have enjoyed the systems of two (hopefully more shortly), and find it an interesting place. I have pointed this observation out to others that still "get nervous" about it. This is a great forum.

I met my wife (shown in the attached pic) on the internet. She was teaching in China at the time. This pic is after we had met up with some of her family in Ireland (where she got the shirt). She was taking a short vacation in Maylasia, Thailand, Singapore.

We're are very happy! Wink

Bruce

Bruce, great story of an Internet find! Your wife not only looks beautiful, but also gregarious and full of life in the pic. Now, my question for you is )and for anyone looking for an exceptional potential spouse on the internet): "Whose picture did you send to her to see to trick her in your first face-to-face meet?" (Bait and switch?). Ha, ha, ha! Seriously, a recent survey reported that the percentage of newer married couples who first met online is . . . 50%!

Now, my question for you is )and for anyone looking for an exceptional potential spouse on the internet): "Whose picture did you send to her to see to trick her in your first face-to-face meet?" (Bait and switch?). Ha, ha, ha! Seriously, a recent survey reported that the percentage of newer married couples who first met online is . . . 50%!

No bait and switch... We emailed/chatted for a while (text only), and then with YM video chat (she was aleady using YM to stay in touch with her family). I flew over to the Philippines to meet her after a couple of months, after which, we decided to figure out if we could make it work. Several trips later (China, Ireland and the Phils), and she's here. Like any relationship, it IS work, but we've been married 2 1/2 years now.

Bruce