Ten Years have flown by.

kuisis

I just noticed that I have passed ten years as a member on this great forum, even though I'm not as active as I once was. When I bought two LaScala Splits from a local business owner I'd have never thought that I'd have made two trips to Harrisburg, One trip to York, and one trip to Detroit to pick up "speakers." I have a total Klipsch 5.1 home theater, a 2 channel system with vintage Khorns, and a bedroom system with Heresys I also have enough extra to build the heritage home theater in my basement, eventually. It seems like so many people have come and gone on here in ten years. I would like to thank everyone for all of the help. Especially Tom Mobley and GaryMD. Tom for my first Tube amp, a 222c, and Gary for a few cd's and the hell of a deal on rectifiers. I almost forgot dylani for having me over to his place to hear Khorns for the first time and made me realize I would eventually own them. I remember Ryan Inman and Parrot. I must be old. Thanks for all the help. If it wasn't for this place I certainly wouldn't be enjoying my music the way I do today.

Tom

• Like 1

• Moderators

If it wasn't for this place I certainly wouldn't be enjoying my music the way I do today.

I feel the same way, if it were not for all the great advice given to me I would still be wandering around trying to figure out something better.

Congratulations on 10 years, it does go by fast.

• Like 1

It was a wild and wooly place back then. It's an established, gentile neighborhood now. "Newbies" back then often didn't make it through the gauntlet. Parrot and Mobilehomeless...and others...could smell fresh meat for miles.

I miss some aspects of it, but since Sheriff Amy cleaned up the joint and made everyone check their pieces at login I guess it's generally better.

Dave

Kelly called me several years after dropping off. It was a warm call. He said the only reason for the call was to thank me for sending the Foster piano recording to him, as it was one of the few things his mother really enjoyed listening to. He did not volunteer much else, but best as I could tell all was well.

Over the years I've dropped out for up to a year for various reasons, but so far have always returned. By now, I have enough friendships here that I really couldn't stay away long if I wanted to without feeling remiss. We've shared a lot of joy and pain together and it is much more than a "virtual" experience. It is very real, more real than many other things.

Thank you, Klipsch! I don't know of another place like this on the web. PWK would be proud.

Dave

Thanks Gary, I still listen to Bean Blossom at least once every three months or so. Neil, I bought a 16 ohm university and a converted 16 ohm T35 I tried out the speakers with the universites and t-35's. The T-35's won out, not by much, so I replaced the one University with the T-35. I kept the others though, for future experimentation. The only other change was the new crossovers. I kept the originals and had Bob Crites make me new ones. The new ones are about half as big. That's about it, except for cleaning the grill cloth and cleaning the outside. I listened to them last night.