DeanG RF-7ii (From Start to Finish)

Youthman

Admission of idiocy is normally an indication of competence.

I edited my previous post if anyone is interested.

There will not be enough room on the PCB for the AudynPlus capacitors. Those things carry an 800Vdc rating, and they're pretty big.

For sure. The RF-7ii project just got pushed off to the side: two pairs of RF-7s, a RC-7, a pair of KG-4s, and a SuperX order just rolled in for the weekend. No rest for the weary.

I'm glad I sent you mine when I did. They should be back home tomorrow.

A lot of us are here to gain knowledge and are interested in doing things ourselves.

Then you need to look elsewhere for help. Dean is running a business, not a mentoring service. That being said, Dean still shares knowledge on these pages. I have no issue with his post. Obviously YMMV.

I'm in the automotive repair business and as such field countless calls from people asking me to tell them how to fix their vehicles. I had one guy go off on me when I told him that if he didn't know what the part was that I was describing, he had no business trying to repair the vehicle. Others simply hang up when you try to schedule them an appointment. I can empathize with him. It gets old after a while.

Where you used to be helpful to those of us that wanted to learn now you say you can't be bothered, and even worse you assume most of us are idiots now. Why are you even here anymore? Oh ya, you need to sell your stuff now. Sorry if this offends you but your post offended me.

I believe I said I don't have the time to deal with what comes with the territory. I never called anyone an "idiot", I was just inferring that there are many who think they can do this, but end up finding they can't. I guess you're upset because my primary purpose here isn't to provide personal services to you. I'm pretty much the only vendor left fielding questions here, most everyone else has left or quit posting. One need look no further than a post like yours for the reason why.

A lot of us are here to gain knowledge and are interested in doing things ourselves.

Youthman just showed you how to get the crossovers out. So watch a few youtube videos and get busy -- what do you need me for?

I don't need any personal services, and I do not own rf7s. I just miss the days when this forum could help a guy do something for himself if he took the time to read up on it. I did and I have. That people are taking up too much of your time is regrettable but I fail to see how sharing less here will result in fewer questions in your emails and on your phone. Also the ALK universal kits were a great way for a guy to get into a better sounding crossover and having some pride in assembling them himself while saving a small amount of money. I hope the option comes back someday.

Edited by bobdog

Been coming to this site for years, even before I got my rf 7ii, and I have always found it to be very helpful and informative . The group of guys here are great and have a great sense of humor and ive never felt as if im being talked down to or judge . I think what Youthman and Dean give to the site is very informative to all. Dean runs a business don't expect him to give away all his secrets. Which I and many others are willing to pay.

Edited by larbo13
  • Like 1

Admission of idiocy is normally an indication of competence.

I edited my previous post if anyone is interested.

There will not be enough room on the PCB for the AudynPlus capacitors. Those things carry an 800Vdc rating, and they're pretty big.

It's nice to know that I'm a competent idiot...

Bobdog, contributing less means less questions. The more I contribute and the more I reveal, the more information a person wants. That's just the way it works. I tried to explain this, I guess I didn't do a very good job. With a full time job, a side business, and still being in the middle of raising smaller kids along with a couple of obnoxious teens, there just isn't the kind of time like there used to be (for the forum or anything else). I miss the days you're talking about too, but look at all the people who have left, especially those with technical backgrounds. It's surprising how few people I feel like I know around here these days.

Edited by DeanG

Bobdog, contributing less means less questions. The more I contribute and the more I reveal, the more information a person wants. That's just the way it works. I tried to explain this, I guess I didn't do a very good job. With a full time job, a side business, and still being in the middle of raising smaller kids along with a couple of obnoxious teens, there just isn't the kind of time like there used to be (for the forum or anything else). I miss the days you're talking about too, but look at all the people who have left, especially those with technical backgrounds. It's surprising how few people I feel like I know around here these days.

Fair enough.

... I miss the days you're talking about too, but look at all the people who have left, especially those with technical backgrounds. It's surprising how few people I feel like I know around here these days.

Hey Dean--At least you have Youthman around doing your advertising. :) Fwiw, I am glad to see you're still posting and now we'll have a new generation of folks proud to have "DeanG'd" RF-7IIs! :wub:

Edited by tkdamerica

• Moderators
Hey Dean--At least you have Youthman around doing your advertising. :)

Not sure about "advertising" per say since this is my first experience with DeanG anything. I'm more of a journalist sharing my journey with the rest of the Klipsch Community. :D