please help. surprise gift for my boyfriend

asica335

Just an update... to compliment the THX speakers, I have chosen 2 sb-13 ultra subs. Now all I need to do is to pick out a receiver. More help Please. Thank you very much for everyones help!!!!!!!

Am I on the right path for a happy hubby??

I'd marry you!!! :wub:

I'd think he will be very excited and pleased!!!

Roger

Just an update... to compliment the THX speakers, I have chosen 2 sb-13 ultra subs

Excellent choice. A ton of HT and musical bang in a "smallish" sub. Dual SVS to boot.

Now all I need to do is to pick out a receiver. More help Please. Thank you very much for everyones help!!!!!!!

How much do you have left to spend?

Bill

if you have 2,000 left, I would go with separates (processor and power amp) over an AVR if you plan to spend the 2k on an AVR.

Got to agree with SubXero on this one, would go for separate Preamp, Amp for $2000, but stay away from the Yamaha IMHO, they don't build them like they used to!

Roger

if you have 2,000 left, I would go with separates (processor and power amp) over an AVR if you plan to spend the 2k on an AVR.

Got to agree with SubXero on this one, would go for separate Preamp, Amp for $2000, but stay away from the Yamaha IMHO, they don't build them like they used to!

Roger

Plus 1 for separate amp and processor

But if you do an AVR, I'd get a THX certified (my OCD) to go with the speakers. The Pioneer is a good choice or maybe this Onkyo

http://www.onkyousa.com/Products/model.php?m=TX-NR1010&class=Receiver&source=prodClass

I'm a fan of Audyssey room correction so personally I'd look at the Onkyo TX-NR1010 as it has Audyssey MultEQ XT32 which will help integrating both of your subs....all have pre-outs so you can always add an amp down the road.

Just an update... to compliment the THX speakers, I have chosen 2 sb-13 ultra subs. Now all I need to do is to pick out a receiver. More help Please. Thank you very much for everyones help!!!!!!!

WOW. I didn't think that you woudl want anything that big, let alone two of them. Both of you will be very happy with this.

• Like 1

The Pioneer elites is like having a separate amp that can swing 300 watts for peaks and comes with a 32 bit Sabre dac. The D3 amps have as quiete of a noise floor as anything on the market. It is just MHO but, the preamp is the most valuable part of the Elite avr's. But, I am a Pioneer fanboy, lol.

if you really wanna get him some bada$$ subs look past Svs. I had two of the PB-13 ultras and thought they were the best money could buy. Get him a single seaton submersive. More output than a pair of Svs ultras and much more musical. And you can get some gorgeous veneer options. I would love to have one in espresso!

How about this guys.... I just buy the THX in wall speakers. Seeing that they are best in wall Klipsch has to offer. He will like that. And I believe they are better than the Reference Series. Correct?

Front R/L would be KL-6504

Center KL-6502

Sides R/L KL-6502

Rear R/L KS-7800

Still need subs and a receiver.

If I go over budget I will leave the side surround speakers out.

YES or NO

Myself, I'd keep the front L/C/R all KL-6504.

Lucky fella...