CRAIGSLIST FINDS- What did you get?

Woofers and Tweeters

The deals have been few and far between but I have gotten lucky a few times. 

Very clean Dynaco A25's -$60

Walnut Fortes - $200 (sure wish I had kept these)

My most recent find was the very nice oiled oak credenza for $60.  It looks great with my oiled oak Quartets (which now have natural linen grilles instead of black).

stands%2003.jpg?t=1423028455

Edited by mwells

May I introduce to you the latest Khorn Club member....drum roll please..... Introducing Me. :D That's right, I scored a pair of Khorns today from a pawn shop, right here in this little town where I live.

Okay, the story:

I received a text that simply said "check out quickly" with a link attached. The text came from opusk2k9. I know that most on here think that member is a machine or a computer program. Well, he's not. I met him at his house last winter. He has all that's in his avatar and more, is knowledgeable and a real great guy. Any how, the speakers were originally bought with settlement money. The woman burned through $2 million in 2 years. She bought these in 1990 for her son...wait for it...he was 14 years old. They are consecutive serial numbered OO.. Yes, you know what Oak Oiled are supposed to look like, these have been painted black :angry:  Still a great score.

I big shout out, again, to Brandon for hooking me up.  

Anyone know how to remove paint from furniture without hurting the original finish? :(   

post-56159-0-25160000-1423708262_thumb.j

Edited by jweber
  • Like 2

May I introduce to you the latest Khorn Club member....drum roll please..... Introducing Me. :D That's right, I scored a pair of Khorns today from a pawn shop, right here in this little town where I live.

Okay, the story: ... (respectful snip, I just wanted to reference the post)

Nice score!  I'll be interested in how they sound to your ears, in your place, with your stuff.

I won't ask you price, because you might want to sell them here someday.  :P    But can you tell us, did you get a "deal" on them, or approximate fair market value?

We're all guys here; everybody wants a deal.    B)

Okay, the story: ... (respectful snip, I just wanted to reference the post)

Nice score!  I'll be interested in how they sound to your ears, in your place, with your stuff.

I won't ask you price, because you might want to sell them here someday.  :P    But can you tell us, did you get a "deal" on them, or approximate fair market value?

We're all guys here; everybody wants a deal.    B)

As with most pawn shops, he did his homework and knew what they were worth. $1000 and they're in good enough shape to be worth that and more.  

JWEB

Whats on the "buy list" now?

Nice work OPUS and nice catch WEB

Mark

NOTHING, I'm done, I quit, finished......unless I can score some RB75, that's all....

and maybe some more Cornwall, and a nice pair of Walnut Chorus II and a real nice 7.1 amp for the THX Ultra II and...  :ph34r:

• Like 1

At $1,000 that's not the top of the price range for that vintage, but they weren't in 100% showroom condition either.  All things considered, I think you did better than the pawn shop.

Good deal.  :emotion-21:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Okay, the story:

I received a text that simply said "check out quickly" with a link attached. The text came from opusk2k9. I know that most on here think that member is a machine or a computer program. Well, he's not. I met him at his house last winter. He has all that's in his avatar and more, is knowledgeable and a real great guy. Any how, the speakers were originally bought with settlement money. The woman burned through $2 million in 2 years. She bought these in 1990 for her son...wait for it...he was 14 years old. They are consecutive serial numbered OO.. Yes, you know what Oak Oiled are supposed to look like, these have been painted black :angry:  Still a great score.

I big shout out, again, to Brandon for hooking me up.  

Anyone know how to remove paint from furniture without hurting the original finish? :(   

20150211_155245.jpg

That'll be a nice car speaker.

Just leave it there and blast them.

With their efficiency, car head unit/amp can easily rock them. :D

Edited by Mystery
  • Like 1

Anyone know how to remove paint from furniture without hurting the original finish?

Congrats the on the score.  Black paint on oak? What the?

Howz about 'Strypeeze'  to remove the paint but then you will have to refinish the oil finish. But after the labor (and mess) to remove the paint the re oiling will be a breeze. And you'll have beautiful Oiled Oak KHorns.

Edited by babadono
  • Like 1

Saved this from almost going into a new home owner's dumpster.  Storing it in my garage until Spring.  Will hold a lot of LP's in the bottom. May or may not use the deep TV section.  May modify the depth of that section or just use the three bookshelf sections.  Only cost about 4 hours.

oakentertain_zps5769dba9.jpg

• Like 4

Hey everyone,

I'm in a pickle and thought this might be the place to get some help. My mom is selling her theater system, and I'm trying to help her price it. She's got the two towers (attached(hopefully)), matching bass, mid speaker, Denon AVR-X1000, and Monster Power Reference Power Center HTS 3500.

It was used for about 2 years, then spent the past 2 sitting unused sitting next to her tv.

I'd be incredibly grateful if you could point me in the direction of whether I should try and sell all as a "home theater set," piece the speakers out from the boxes, basically what to do. Super vague, but I'm out of my element so I'd appreciate any insight you could provide.

Thanks!post-60836-0-60400000-1423888524_thumb.j

My '78 KHorns completly rebuilt by Dave Harris at Fastlane, mint perfect w/ALK's delivered 250 miles to my door at no cost.

A pair of Quartets which led me to the '78 LaScallas from the same gentlemen, thanks Greg.

Not audio but auto a near perfect 2007 Audi S4 garage queen with 21K miles. Every bit as quick as KHorns!

• Like 1