Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, dtel said:

That 8' tube puts out 250,000 watts

Different kind of power, Watts as in audio output, opposed to Freq watts, different animal.  

Small boat Radar transmit 1.5KW watts, Air Craft Carrier 500KW to 1.5 Mil KW.

Why would i know this ?  Iv played around a little in my younger days.......

ant2.jpg

• Like 3

I remember seeing the comedian Gallagher once (he opened for the band America).  he was mocking a television commercial where somebody says that their album just hit the charts and they want to celebrate with a cup of coffee. 

since our buddy Chuck started this thread ... was he the one celebrating with a cup of coffee?

• Like 2

Yep....free houses for the asking.  I spent 10 years renovating a Queen Anne Victorian in Wilmington's historic district back in the 70s and 80s.  Fearless back in those days:mellow:

Been watching TOH since the first show back when Bob Villa was the host.

• Like 5

Good morning all-

It's sunny here and supposed to stay that way.

Yesterday I drained the gas from the snowblower -- which guarantees another snowstorm -- and removed the "defibrillator" feature from my mother-in-law's ancient corded electric lawn mower.  If you let your hands stray from the foam handles to anything metal, you received a mild -- although not unpleasant -- electric shock.  I traced the problem to frayed wires near where the power cord goes into the motor housing.

This gave me an opportunity to make a big show of dragging out my stereo repair stuff to fix the mower.  My wife had to now understand why no home should be without soldering equipment, a mulit-meter, wire strippers, heat shrink tubing and a heat gun.

At first I was surprised by the four conductor cord.  The I realized the speed control required a fourth wire,

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Yep....free houses for the asking.  I spent 10 years renovating a Queen Anne Victorian in Wilmington's historic district back in the 70s and 80s.  Fearless back in those days:mellow:

Been watching TOH since the first show back when Bob Villa was the host.

Chuck-

What's the current TOH project?  The DVR is supposed to be recording -- or have recorded -- the Detroit project.  Is that still going?  I haven't watched the recordings yet.

• Like 2

Just now, DizRotus said:

Chuck-

What's the current TOH project?  The DVR is supposed to be recording -- or have recorded -- the Detroit project.  Is that still going?  I haven't watched the recordings yet.

Yep...Detroit project still going.  I want Tom, Norm, and Richard to work on my place....maybe add some rooms:D

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

The current TOH Detroit series has them working on two old houses. I've been a loyal TOH fan for decades. 

I watched it Friday night..they where in Motown..

I also watched it with Bob villa in the 80's

• Like 3

Up early, coffee and then putting out some weed and feed and then spraying some nasty sand burrs (I hate those things and let them get a head start this spring). Off to the doughnut shop and filling water bottles. BREAK.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I want Tom, Norm, and Richard to work on my place....maybe add some rooms:D

That's ok, as long as you don't expect any work out of Bob, he's a clown, or the "celebrity" of the show, the others know what there doing. Bob was to busy shilling for the late Sears. 

• Like 3