The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

4 hours ago, billybob said:

Yes seems we had a B&D one time that did pretty well. We have a 12 cup MrCoffee that has lasted abit longer now. One thing about those and other's no doubt is running some white vinegar through them regularly to clean and keep them dripping faster. At a motel last autumn, ran into a Keurig maker, and had a funny time sorting it out, like the previous times. Need a cup to wake up before can understand the directions. The coffee tastes great that I had but, getting there the prob...

A bit like Steve(BSM) who posts here. Usually, will take a cup of Joe and just be happy to get it. Did treat myself to some espresso deal found online with some demi' cups. Has a nice unbitter taste with a rich aftertaste like chocolate(subtle). Know what good coffee is, just slow to get there as fellow

CC&C  can tell you. So after being here since 2014, have made little progress, ...so far. lol thanks!

better step it up billybob....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

So after being here since 2014, have made little progress, ...so far. lol thanks!

Don't feel bad I have not changed one single thing, same old drip coffeepot and same coffee. The only thing I did was take the advice and try some good espresso, it was good.

I never did say where this happened, since we usually don't do things like this I want to tell where I had my first good espresso.

We were invited by a friend to go have lunch with a good friend of his, one of those "offers you can't refuse" kind of things and this is where we went, after lunch we all got coffee and my first espresso. We sat out on the balcony overlooking the ocean and golf course, very nice.  The course has been rated the best par 3 in the US. This is NOT the kind of place we normally hang out. :o

http://www.golfontheocean.com/

al-fresco.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Chuck's back yard?

Nah, you'd see him in the background walking around with his shirt off if it was.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If it were Chucks back yard you would probably see him, but he would probably he hitting up the good looking women, I would think he might need a shirt for that to have a average chance. :o:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Chuck's back yard?

Chuck's garage...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Nah, you'd see him in the background walking around with his shirt off if it was.

Even in the winter? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone ask to see me shirtless again?  Probably Carl.  Who knows what he does with those pictures?

IMG_1201.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Chuck's back yard?

No, No - those five tables along the railing are Chucks bus tables. Seems to keep his area nice and tidy. Rodney could use his help in Hope. See you there 'Heel, I tip quite well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I just threw up a little in my mouth:emotion-41:

You do that every time you get excited.  But if I come to Hope don't plan on any long steamy showers together.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

You do that every time you get excited.  But if I come to Hope don't plan on any long steamy showers together.

Don't get in a row boat either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Who knows what he does with those pictures?

He Photoshops his head on your body.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Not really planning on it.  I expect you'll wuss out like last year and no show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Someone ask to see me shirtless again?  Probably Carl.  Who knows what he does with those pictures?

IMG_1201.JPG

We really just wanted to see Jake and the LF again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Nice picture Chuck, Jake looked happy.

Jake is still happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning all! Up early as I woke up and could not fall back asleep. Already have about 4 hours of work in and an entire pot of coffee. I'm thinking since Friday and early start to work, that Cocktails must come early too! I mean that only makes sense, right? Or should I say Wright? (Check what-ch-got-today post if interested). Initial impressions are interesting and favorable. I did connect the Wrights with cables. See what I did there? So do I win the CCC daily post award? I'm really trying to get the cables in the conversation but it is fairly hard when Coffee and Cocktails are involved.

Speaking of Cocktails I have a new favorite Gin. Check out "The Botanist" when you get a chance. I've only been following the martini talk from afar. Are we talking real (gin) martinis or wannabes (vodka) martinis? I'm thinking vodka based on that Alaska stuff a few pages back. If so I'm a bit disappointed in You Guys/You All/'Yall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, rplace said:

Speaking of Cocktails I have a new favorite Gin. Check out "The Botanist" when you get a chance. I've only been following the martini talk from afar. Are we talking real (gin) martinis or wannabes (vodka) martinis? I'm thinking vodka based on that Alaska stuff a few pages back. If so I'm a bit disappointed in You Guys/You All/'Yall.

Good morning....Early , I say yes possibly. Woke up thinking about a Vodka Martini this morning while making a cup of coffee. Gave a friend of mine a Stolikniya vodka martini chilled no ice and when he stood up , it took two of us to pick him up. Nowaday, it would only take one for me too. Like a good original gin also but, prefer a good vodka, and better than that Russian stuff I used, way back then....:emotion-44::emotion-46:

• Like 3