The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

… o O (wait a minute) ,  We have a garage project in motion at Tarheel's… and no picture's yet.... gotta' have a cable fix goin on somewhere

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Just five and they are almost gone as of this morning.  Mostly water weight as AD acts as a diuretic.  If I take off 5 now won't have to do 50 later.

Problem with losing water weight is it comes back when you drink water:)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, babadono said:

Problem with losing water weight is it comes back when you drink water:)

But not when you replace it with Bourbon or Tequila.  It's not the Atkins diet, but I'm sure it started with an A or maybe it was AA, something like that, I can't remember. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks, thinking about Tarheel on a diet makes me feel terrible, I would be happy to be in his shape. Well, there's always the I'm not as old as him thought, that helps a little.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Womp is the sound of the Can hitting the counter.

Lazy women do this, in lieu of proper Biscuits...

courtesy of Jerry Clower

Try the clang biscuits:wink:, ya know the cold hard ones you throw on the baking sheet. 

They beat the shortening out of the whomp biscuits.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Thanks, thinking about Tarheel on a diet makes me feel terrible, I would be happy to be in his shape. Well, there's always the I'm not as old as him thought, that helps a little.

=== as we all know the grass is not always greener —. In ‘Heels case a good power raking followed with a good fertilizer 💩and heavy seeding might be best — 🌱🌾

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, USNRET said:

Having a cocktail while the other half builds gimbap for a snack for 25 students 

And this morning the teacher cancelled the students’ “tea party”. The wife was not at all pleased as she was on the way when it was aborted, ms teach had “something” come up.

• Sad 3

She should be upset, can they refrigerated and be brought tomorrow or before the weekend.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

She should be upset, can they refrigerated and be brought tomorrow or before the weekend.

Yes, but whether she will actually send them in or give away remains unknown. P.O.ed

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is kind of crazy with the work she put into it.

• Like 3

... as long as there's someone to appreciate it, it's OK. 

was about to go off on a rant. self-censored

Was laughing at myself. Yesterday, popped Steppenwolf7 on the turntable.  Enjoyed it immensely... except some of it was missing. A large chunk....  then I remembered to turn the LP over.   duh

Found a relatively obscure LP in the collection... "Truce" RobinTrower, JackBruce.  Listening to it. Need to flip it over.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Was laughing at myself. Yesterday, popped Steppenwolf7 on the turntable.  Enjoyed it immensely... except some of it was missing. A large chunk....  then I remembered to turn the LP over.   duh

True but at least they don't sound as bad as an 8 track, and change tracks in the middle of a song,  or like a tape needing to be rewound. It even looks like CD's are on their way out, one day you will not be able to own any new physical media.

• Sad 2

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:29 AM, Sancho Panza said:

Womp is the sound of the Can hitting the counter.

Lazy women do this, in lieu of proper Biscuits...

courtesy of Jerry Clower

Ah yes, Jerry Clower. The author of Marcel's Talking Chainsaw. Heard it back in the early 70's when my aunt & uncle moved to Jackson MS. Good stuff.

1 hour ago, dtel said:

True but at least they don't sound as bad as an 8 track, and change tracks in the middle of a song,  or like a tape needing to be rewound. It even looks like CD's are on their way out, one day you will not be able to own any new physical media.

Never tried any sophisticated streaming.  Closest I came was Spotify premium to my lap top.  I did an a-b comparison with a CD and the CD sounded better by a lot. Really don't know what jriver and this other stuff is but I'm low tech so........

• Like 3

Looks like deleting attachments has been fixed so you can select as many as you want to trash.  Thanks Chad!

• Like 3

That's enough drivers for 4 really good subs, but it's cool in an overcompensating kind of way. :huh:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Looks like deleting attachments has been fixed so you can select as many as you want to trash.  Thanks Chad!

I'm still getting the 200 error when I post from my phone.  Wonder when @Chad will fix that?

• Sad 1