The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

A while back I bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport tires for the Z4.  Well this week I got a $100 rebate from Michelin and decided to splurge on some Bourbon.  For $97.41 I bought a bottle of Elijah Craig Small Batch (best small batch bourbon for 2018 earning double gold), a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch, and a 92 proof bottle of Larceny.  Change back from my $100.

Finished up the Bernheim Original last night.

Been doing a lot of reading on second shelf bourbons ($20-$40 range).  Elijah Craig and Four Roses kept getting thumbs up.

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

A while back I bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport tires for the Z4.  Well this week I got a $100 rebate from Michelin and decided to splurge on some Bourbon.  For $97.41 I bought a bottle of Elijah Craig Small Batch (best small batch bourbon for 2018 earning double gold), a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch, and a 92 proof bottle of Larceny.  Change back from my $100.

Finished up the Bernheim Original last night.

Been doing a lot of reading on second shelf bourbons ($20-$40 range).  Elijah Craig and Four Roses kept getting thumbs up.

What?????  Small batch should run around 30 dollars.  I do agree, it's good but normally I recommend it as drinking above it's price point.  94 proof right?

https://www.breakingbourbon.com/review/elijah-craig-small-batch

Barrel proof runs around $55-60.

EDIT, you got 3 bottles.  That makes sense now.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

What?????  Small batch should run around 30 dollars.  I do agree, it's good but normally I recommend it as drinking above it's price point.  94 proof right?

https://www.breakingbourbon.com/review/elijah-craig-small-batch

Barrel proof runs around $55-60.

Hey Carl ... i saw something last night that said Weller Full Proof -- where is that on the hierarchy of the Weller Bourbons?

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Hey Carl ... i saw something last night that said Weller Full Proof -- where is that on the hierarchy of the Weller Bourbons?

Buy it and I'll send you money to ship it to me.  I've been looking for that for a while.

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Buy it and I'll send you money to ship it to me.  I've been looking for that for a while.

There is a website that lists liquor stores in Oregon where stuff can be found. I typed in Weller and it brought up Weller 12, Special Reserve, and Full Proof.  However, it said that no stores in my area had it in stock. 

Just now, BigStewMan said:

There is a website that lists liquor stores in Oregon where stuff can be found. I typed in Weller and it brought up Weller 12, Special Reserve, and Full Proof.  However, it said that no stores in my area had it in stock. 

If you find it let me know.  I'll pay for it or we can do some bourbon horse trading.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

If you find it let me know.  I'll pay for it or we can do some bourbon horse trading.

you’ll have to prove that you’re 21 and that bourbon is legal in your town. 

i will check that website periodically and if it shows a store around these parts, i’ll get one. 

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

So, where does it rank against the other Wellers?  I’ve only had Special Reserve and Antique.

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

So, where does it rank against the other Wellers?  I’ve only had Special Reserve and Antique.

I've never had it, that's why I want to try it.  I never go off of reviewers thoughts as I've had some highly rated bourbons that I really didn't like and vice versa.

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've never had it, that's why I want to try it.  I never go off of reviewers thoughts as I've had some highly rated bourbons that I really didn't like and vice versa.

* what is the saying - “taste is in the mouth of the beholder” —

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

based on our previous conversations, seems that prices are sometimes $10 higher here on the West Coast than what you pay.  So, for $49.95 i guess the expectations shouldn’t be too high.  I think that is the same price that I paid for the Antique.  I paid $25 for the Special Reserve. 

Got my eye on a new Tequila; but at $150 a bottle, i haven’t bought it yet.  I’ll wait until i finish the one that i’m working on ... it should be empty sometime next week. 

The new one is Avion 44 Reserva Extra Anejo -- I’ve had the regular Avion Anejo which is the the best that i’ve ever had; but my Tequila guy says that the 44 is head & shoulders better. 

The internet told me a place called Total Wine and More has it for only $99; but, alas ... one more store choice that i had in Los Angeles and don’t have in Oregon. I’m really finding out that LA had just about everything.  There are things that were commonplace there and I can’t find at all around here (and i’m not just talking about great weather). for instance, I haven’t found a good hot dog in this state so far; nor a good burrito. But, housing is stupidly more expensive  in LA than here. 

th.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

The internet told me a place called Total Wine and More has it for only $99;

There are Total Wine stores in Houston.  We try to stop in whenever we're over there.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

you Canadian? i know a Canadian gal that puts maple syrup on her oatmeal.

Maple syrup every time. Canadian, but not a 'gal'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Darn you guys!  I just found a Fender Telecaster that i think i need. Not that i need another guitar; but, i’ve had a hole in my heart since i stupidly got rid of a telecaster back in 1991.  I don’t want to blame myself for this purchase -- so i’m blaming all of you.  That’s what friends are for right?

If that's what it takes to fill that hole in your heart, I think it's a done deal. Hopefully it's the only hole in your heart.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I think his LF crushes his walnuts for him.

'LF' as in Life Force or Linear Function or ? :huh:

Wb

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NADman said:

Maple syrup every time. Canadian, but not a 'gal'.

Drop the 'D' from your forum name and no one will be the wiser. ;)

Wb

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

'LF' as in Life Force or Linear Function or ? :huh:

Wb

That's how he refers to his Lady Friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stopped at a local restaurant and got some food for takeout.  90 minutes later running for the bathroom.  I wasn’t aware that i had ordered a $20 colon cleanse -- it looked just like a sandwich.  Good excuse to put some alcohol in my gut ... kill the germs.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1