Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

& I forgot to say is been Guatemalan for the last few days. Think it was you talking about that a while back and I've had four pounds through here since then and it's my substitute for when I can't get my favorite Colombian.. like right now.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

& I forgot to say is been Guatemalan for the last few days. Think it was you talking about that a while back and I've had four pounds through here since then and it's my substitute for when I can't get my favorite Colombian.. like right now.

I just went through a bag of guatemalan antiguan.  It was too mild for me.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

We had mid 90s uesterday, over 50% humidity. Afternoon rain and thunderstorms in Chattanooga, while just over the state line into Georgia where we live... no rain. Just hot ant humid. Sunny today, but 40% chance of rain later this afternoon.

• Like 4

Hey @oldtimer hate it for you, the only couple of times I bought medium roast and it was weak I sent it back along with scathing words. I use one tbsp of grinds per six to seven ounces of water.

You grind your own? Got good, clean filtered water? got it to 205 degrees? Place I get mine from is kinda pricy but it's always good. The have some Nicaraguan Naturally Dried that is out of this world good, also priced that way too... the sample they sent me is all I'll ever have of that liquid gold.

@Marvel as a crow flies you're not that far from me at all. We had a pretty stout thunderstorm last night, the ones in the afternoon yesterday just got us wet and made noise. Cleaned up the limbs early and hung the Water Hog mats out back to get five pounds lighter each.

* do I have to click the balloon to multi quote? it didn't work for me

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I grind my own, use filtered water.  8 of the typical coffee scoops per 24 ounces. (Melitta scoop)  This was a single source bag.  Back on the Honduran for now.

bet that's a tbsp per 4 ounces or more, should be rich hi-test every time!

• Like 3

first time I went to Australia, I noticed that they ask if you would like "An American cup" of coffee....Same /regular amt of grinds in a double size cup [2X the water].

Wife prefers coffee a little weaker than mine. Told her to get up early and make it the way she likes... sorry...Not sorry

We're drinking Peruvian. I do like Columbian. We don't see it on the Gadsden menu [at the store] very often. Personally [with our tapwater] I am happy for Mexican beans.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

* do I have to click the balloon to multi quote? it didn't work for me

You can just highlight what you want to quote, and (most of the time) a little quote button will pop up. This only quotes what you highlighted, if the little button does not pop up try again it will.

This especially nice when you do not want to keep posting the same picture over and over with each quote. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Those 3 wheelers are a step backwards from the old style sports cars. Was watching How It's Made... They were talking about the old British sports cars and how they grew the 4th wheel to not be a motorcycle... or something like that.  I would like to take one of them out for a spin. I suppose they are kinda like a sidecar. Never been in one of those, either. Can't lean into the corners, or you have to do it different from a bike.

When I rode in it yesterday your right it does NOT lean, but the way it corners is very much like a really good sports car.

I am not crazy about them, they have a really nice tube frame and good roll bar, but little or no protection from other cars. But I was happy our daughter got one, it is a little safer than the motorcycle she had as far as crashing on her own and does stop faster. The bad part is that little thing had a 201 liter car engine and is pretty fast, but does have wide car tires which gives good traction. It rides and feels like a glorified go cart.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

You can just highlight what you want to quote, and (most of the time) a little quote button will pop up. This only quotes what you highlighted, if the little button does not pop up try again it will.

This especially nice when you do not want to keep posting the same picture over and over with each quote. 

I've been quoted a couple times recently with things that I never said. seems that sometimes, when someone quotes you, then they make their statement and somebody quotes them, the forum puts your name on the latest quote. 

I wish Chad would fix this ... some of the things that people say here are so stupid that I hate the thought of my name being attached to them. that is a significant software glitch for a public forum. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dtel said:

When I rode in it yesterday your right it does NOT lean, but the way it corners is very much like a really good sports car.

is it hard to handle?  the canam Spyder is a three-wheeled thing (bikers probably don't want them called motorcycles) but I heard someone say that they are hard to control.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I've been quoted a couple times recently with things that I never said. seems that sometimes, when someone quotes you, then they make their statement and somebody quotes them, the forum puts your name on the latest quote. 

I wish Chad would fix this ... some of the things that people say here are so stupid that I hate the thought of my name being attached to them. that is a significant software glitch for a public forum. 

It's because they quote the quote in your post.  It is not so much a glitch as it is laziness to use the original post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, oldtimer said:

Like this.  What I did was highlight your quote in my post, hit the quote button, and it looks like I said it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

is it hard to handle?  the canam Spyder is a three-wheeled thing (bikers probably don't want them called motorcycles) but I heard someone say that they are hard to control.

No not at all, it sticks to the road so well you have to make sure you don't corner faster than you should, this could become a bad habit. It's really low to the ground and with the wide tires really sticks to the road, now i have no idea what happens when it's wet roads ?

• Like 3