Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' gang. 1.5 cups down and just got a topper. I gave up making the tree light decision years ago. We used to go all white (my choice) and then my daughter (a teenager at the time) begged me to get some multi-colored ones. It seemed so important to her I couldn't say no. Now we use the colors and work in a strand or so of the whites. My philosophy is let the family decide since I'm happy either way. Next year Baxter decides. Cheers and Happy Friday.

• Like 2

Back to the topic at hand.  Popped open a fresh bag of Kona yesterday and ground a couple days worth. Mmmmm.  Gonna try to pick up a tree this weekend.  I let the wife decorate it so no decisions have to be made on my part.  Probably finish the lights outside which is my job.  Next week I'll start hittin the stores.

• Like 4

OK, well, we will just go with the once I just setup and throw it away after Christmas so I will not be confused next year!" I asked, "Do you want white or colored lights on the tree?" Her answer? "You decide." I could be in trouble at the end of this day too. So, I am throwing Mom under the bus . . . I am going to make mom decide on lights color! :-) Christmas is Hell! I gotta go get a second cup of coffee as I strategize

Now that was quick clear thinking on your part. It would just about make your day if she did say no. Real good, excellent in fact.

Mom is a logical choice as, who is going to argue with her decision. Wish I was that quick. :)

Coffee helps in my case... :emotion-44:

• Like 3

• Moderators
ChuckAb3, on 12 Dec 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:ChuckAb3, on 12 Dec 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

CECAA850, on 12 Dec 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:CECAA850, on 12 Dec 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

Is it just me or is anyone else a little uncomfortable looking at Chucks organ all the time???? :lol:

There are only a select few of us who can have such an organ.

True, I must admit I am quite intimidated by Chucks organ.  

Colored lights.......................because like CECAA that's my wife's department and she wanted colored.

Never tried French press but would love to !

post-9700-0-39300000-1418398220_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6

Alright . . . based on poll participant majority (mom was a "no decision" too because she is smarter than me) going with multi-colored lights. Of course, they were the hardest to get to!

I have two strands on . . . I suck at this. Got twenty more strand I can put on there. Is there such a thing as too many lights on a tree?

I called and asked permission to go buy a fiber optic tree . . . the Mrs. just laughed and hung up. From experience, I know that means "no."

I am going to wind up with the world's tallest Charlei Brown Christmas tree!

Edited by Rhetor
  • Like 4

• Moderators
Is there such a thing as too many lights on a tree?

Yes you can have to many, if you look at the tree and it's so bright it makes you look like a deer blinded by headlights and it's just a big glowing shape , you put to many.

Also remember you will have to take them off, which is a lot less fun.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Rhetor, on 12 Dec 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

CECAA850, on 12 Dec 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

dtel, on 12 Dec 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

Organ envy?

That looks like an organ transplant to me.

You can bet it's a transplant, it surely never just grew there, Chuck can't fool us with a story like that.

He does seem to play with it alot. :blink:

• Like 3

Rhetor, on 12 Dec 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

CECAA850, on 12 Dec 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

dtel, on 12 Dec 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

Organ envy?

That looks like an organ transplant to me.

You can bet it's a transplant, it surely never just grew there, Chuck can't fool us with a story like that.

He does seem to play with it alot. :blink:

It does take constant dedicated practice and concentration!!

• Like 2

Good morning from the far northwest! Coffee is delightful today even if it's only a kcup. I think this is casual enough without a thread hijack - I have a poll of sorts of the group: I want nothing for Christmas but wife and mother want a list - any blu ray concerts out there that you'd recommend? I enjoy those. Have some, Eagles, doobie bros, dave Matthews, Chris Botti, toto. Would love some suggestions. Have a great day and Happy Friday to the un-retired!

• Like 3

We are not the the only one's on this thread to have taken a primary role in caring for a loved one... 
Spent an August through December taking care of my late wife, as she progressed with Malignant Melanoma. Doing fine to bedridden to Glory in four months. We had hospice care for her, from Thanksgiving to the end, which was an incredible help. Last month and a half I was off work and home with her.

Bruce

ps I tried the Keurig filter you use to put in your own coffee, but it's a real pain to clean the filter (unless the make little paper filters to go in the wire filter basket...).

• Like 3

We are not the the only one's on this thread to have taken a primary role in caring for a loved one... 
Spent an August through December taking care of my late wife, as she progressed with Malignant Melanoma. Doing fine to bedridden to Glory in four months. We had hospice care for her, from Thanksgiving to the end, which was an incredible help. Last month and a half I was off work and home with her.

Bruce

ps I tried the Keurig filter you use to put in your own coffee, but it's a real pain to clean the filter (unless the make little paper filters to go in the wire filter basket...).

i remember you posting about this before Bruce, and i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again--my heart aches knowing what you BOTH endured. I’m very happy that you’ve found love again and it sounds like you’re happy and doing okay.

• Like 5