Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Sup gentlemen????

Another Monday is upon us.  I'll have 2 1/2 days off this week so it could definitely be worse.  Got a call from my sister in law yesterday that my brother had a mild heart attack.  Seems that it's a right of passage in our family.  My father started the tradition and he's passed it down to his sons.  I'm the youngest and it's worked its way down to my next oldest brother.  Some traditions are better than others I suppose.

My daughter is off school for the next 2 weeks so mornings aren't quite as hectic.  Christmas shopping is just about done.  Looking forward to watching everyone open up their gifts.

• Like 6

Mornin gang. Feeling a bit under the weather and not a lot to report. Xmas decorations looking great and Baxter has antlers to wear. (Will probably eat them before all is said and done). Better half and daughter-in-law are taking granddaughter to see Santa at the mall today. I think I've dodged that bullet ....

• Like 3

Hey guys

Late start today.....on my 2nd and last cup of the day, Dunkin Donuts whole bean......that's all we drink, should try something differnt.

I have not posted here in a few days......looks like we are all this side of the earth :-)

Did a bunch of stuff around the house this weekend, it was a nice weekend to be outside. I'm still doing battle with the leaves.

Made a big fire in the back yard.......man I like burning stuff.....I have a 55 gal barell that I put all the yard stuff In......and I had a chit-load of wood pallets, man those things burn great.

Well off to the shop.....I'll check in later :-)

• Like 4

• Moderators

Everybody seems busy, guess that's good?

X brother in law came in town a couple days ago to stay here, daughter, husband and 3 kids came in late last night (with 3 dogs) until after Christmas, Or New Years (I'm afraid to ask). The rest of the family will just come for Christmas day. 

I think my blood pressure was up last night, my wife tried to give me a valium :blink: I didn't take it, just played like I took it to shut her up, probably should have taken it. :o

I really like when they all come, but that doesn't make it any easier, still have all the cooking to do this week and the wife is still trying to finish all the Christmas orders, she has been working about 12 hours a day for the last week.

• Like 3

I'm off for the week... They decided to close for the week of Christmas since all the student have finished exams and are out of the dorms. Right now I'm helping my wife with her 11 dementia clients. It's a job I couldn't do.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'm off for the week... They decided to close for the week of Christmas since all the student have finished exams and are out of the dorms. Right now I'm helping my wife with her 11 dementia clients. It's a job I couldn't do.

Your making me feel better about my situation, but I might need to join that group after this week. :mellow:

• Like 2

Bruce

You said that once already.
  • Like 1

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 22 Dec 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

OK dtel, How did you quote Bruce BEFORE he posted???????  Jedi Ninja Rasta magic?

That's it exactly, Ok not really, I am lucky to keep up with the average monkey on a good day.

• Like 1

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 22 Dec 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:CECAA850, on 22 Dec 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

OK dtel, How did you quote Bruce BEFORE he posted???????  Jedi Ninja Rasta magic?

That's it exactly, Ok not really, I am lucky to keep up with the average monkey on a good day.

:o It's going around, I just double posted and I haven't done that in a long time. :ph34r:  

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Took the scenic ride farther south before cutting over at the Brooksville exit to I-75. Took around the same length of time and even a few less miles...rainy weekend here and a bit foggy.

Friend was waiting for me here when got home at 2:00 AM. Time flew till 5:30 AM when we crashed after listening to music, and a glass or 2 of wine. Now to pickup Nancy 50 miles away. Guess you have to not dislike driving...too much! :):emotion-44:

• Like 3

X brother in law came in town a couple days ago to stay here, daughter, husband and 3 kids came in late last night (with 3 dogs) until after Christmas, Or New Years (I'm afraid to ask). The rest of the family will just come for Christmas day. 

I think I got a PM that they were staying with you until Mother's Day, but are not telling you . . . kind of like cousin Eddie in "Christmas Vacation." Do you see an RV in your driveway?

Fish and guests start to stink after 3 days. :-)

• Like 6

• Moderators
Rhetor, on 22 Dec 2014 - 2:14 PM, said:

dtel, on 22 Dec 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

I think I got a PM that they were staying with you until Mother's Day, but are not telling you . . . kind of like cousin Eddie in "Christmas Vacation." Do you see an RV in your driveway?

Fish and guests start to stink after 3 days. :-)

They know better, it's all I am going to say about that.

For now just 2 of the 3 daughters, husbands, 6 grandkids from 18 months to 14 yo, and accompanying pets, and a brother in law. But doing good so far.......but it's still early in the week.

• Like 7