Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good evening everyone....

I have been following the boat project with interest, and we NEED photos when it is completed!!

The beans around here stay in the KitchenAid grinder jar, seem to be just fine there... The ground beans go into a sealed Mason jar which stays in the refridge for use on the weekends...

Todd, we have the SAME coffee maker! Well, mine is a little earlier, the only difference is you have a toggle switch and ours has a momentary knob, which means here is some kind of FET logic switch in the thing?? My next door neighbor has yours exactly and it is the ONLY appliance on the kitchen counters..... She likes an uncluttered look....

Duder, you have a nice looking machine there.... Mr. Coffee has come a LONG way.... My dad STILL has one of the earlier white plastic models and still working perfectly ;0)

Ok, that is all.....

....gw

• Like 5

Finely sitting down and having dinner, been on the Boat project since 9am nonstop.

Bench seat Four 6X9s installed and just now wired.

Woodwork on this bench seat has been a nightmare, cutting gusets and adding them through out the day.

If i haul azz after dinner. i can get that seat wired in and fire up the tunes in less than an hour :emotion-21::emotion-22:

• Like 3

Good evening everyone....

I have been following the boat project with interest, and we NEED photos when it is completed!!

The beans around here stay in the KitchenAid grinder jar, seem to be just fine there... The ground beans go into a sealed Mason jar which stays in the refridge for use on the weekends...

Todd, we have the SAME coffee maker! Well, mine is a little earlier, the only difference is you have a toggle switch and ours has a momentary knob, which means here is some kind of FET logic switch in the thing?? My next door neighbor has yours exactly and it is the ONLY appliance on the kitchen counters..... She likes an uncluttered look....

Duder, you have a nice looking machine there.... Mr. Coffee has come a LONG way.... My dad STILL has one of the earlier white plastic models and still working perfectly ;0)

Ok, that is all.....

....gw

Been taking a few Pics here and there, will post soon.

• Like 4

Guess I will finish off page 299 guys!

Been busy feathering the nest.  Picking out some interior paint for the hallway and dining room.  Don't like to paint so will get estimates.  Going a little bolder on the colors though. 

Still researching DACs and picking Joe's brain a little.  Really should sell a couple pieces of equipment first.   Anyone need a HK tubed receiver, HK tubed integrated ( Craig rebuilt), or  tubed preamp, let me know.

Oyster roast Saturday night :)

Why can't they make a coffee machine that heats the coffee sufficiently? 

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 6

Anyone need a HK tubed receiver, HK tubed integrated ( Craig rebuilt), or  tubed preamp, let me know.

I almost did.  Decided to pass on these MC30s offered to me. Had already talked to Craig about a rebuild and his estimate of the resale value would be triple my investment (and that is including his cost to rebuild) -- I was getting the deal of a lifetime. ($600 for the pair). Then i’d have to get a preamp too.  BUT, i decided that i’d get more use and more enjoyment treating myself to another guitar. Tubes are pretty to look at; but, so are guitars. So, I’m adding a Taylor to the mix. Started hanging them on the wall; but, now have them on the wall, leaning against the wall, on a bench, leaning against the recliner, laying on the couch ...

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 4

• Moderators
So, I’m adding a Taylor to the mix. Started hanging them on the wall; but, now have them on the wall, leaning against the wall, on a bench, leaning against the recliner, laying on the couch ...

Considering you live where the ground and buildings can shake I hope the wall mounts can handle it.........know nothing about hanging one myself

• Like 3

So, I’m adding a Taylor to the mix. Started hanging them on the wall; but, now have them on the wall, leaning against the wall, on a bench, leaning against the recliner, laying on the couch ...

Considering you live where the ground and buildings can shake I hope the wall mounts can handle it.........know nothing about hanging one myself

never had one fall yet.  Not sure if Bruce visits this thread … if you do Bruce, have you ever played the Taylor T5?  I was going to go straight acoustic; but, saw a T5 (listed as blemished but often you can’t even tell) it’s being offered on zzounds. com for $1,975 -- never played one seriously; but, held one a long time ago and it sure was comfortable. 

• Like 2

i guess you all are sleeping already -- good for you, get some rest for the weekend ahead.  Steve, say something coffee related… I had a cup of coffee before giving a presentation today at work.  I was one of several speakers. I don’t do it often, so i don’t prepare (pretzel logic, huh?).  Said a prayer and then started talking. Everyone were all business … except one person … I’ll let you guess who.  So, they’re laughing, then crying, then writing home … afterwards, my boss says to me, “you’d better be careful or you’re going to do ALL of these … because you’re great."

Then we stopped at Starbucks and i did NOT get a free coffee. 

Enjoy your sleep gentlemen…pour a cup for me in the morning--it’s my working Friday.

Steve

• Like 5

Morning Gang

Final speakers are installed in the Boat.

Total of eight Marine Grade (Chit) speakers, because there is no "Great" marine speaker made.

Any speaker that calls itself "Marine Grade" must be complete plastic, and we all know, plastic is Chit.

So knowing this i figured id try something different, double the number of speakers  :o to late last night to crank it. 

It works, if my farm Bud cranks this thing and he aint comin home with any Fish.

First cup going down, to be followed by the rest of the pot. :emotion-44: :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

60s+ to 70s projected, and im going to pizz off a neighbor, wonder who it will be this time ?

Head Unit = Sony GT570UP , Amp = Lanzer 2K watt, Speakers = four 8" front, four 6X9 rear :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

• Like 5

Tarheels lounge thread makes it to 300 pages on his Birthday, some people just have there sheep together. Your good , what else can I say. :cool:

The thread sure has stamina.  It seems that I only get to log on a couple times a week and visit and ten pages or more have gone by between visits. 

One of the books that I’m currently reading is titled, “Watchers” and is a 1987 suspense novel written by Dean Koontz.

I don’t usually dream; however, for some reason after reading several chapters of the book, that night I was dreaming that the book was really about Tarheel, Jake and Lady Friend.  

The story began with Tarheel, a former Delta Force operative, feeling that his life had grown pointless and when out at the beach one day near his home he encounters two genetically engineered creatures that have escaped from a top-secret government lab.  

One creature turned out to be a golden retriever (although I know that Jake is a mix Shepard/golden retriever) with extraordinarily enhanced intelligence that he befriended and named Jake.  The other creature was unknown but appeared to be trying to kill the dog.

Later, Tarheel and Jake meet Lady Friend and together they form a nice happy family.

It wasn’t long and Tarheel, Lady Friend and Jake found themselves on the run not only from the other creature, but also from federal agents, determined to track down the lab escapees, and a professional assassin, hired to kill various targets to cover up the conspiracy of the two genetically engineered creatures.

I need to read a few more chapters; however, good luck in the adventures Tarheel. :emotion-21: 

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 3