Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning Gang

Survived another night in Twister Alley :emotion-21:

Venturing into St Louis this morning, must hit the goodwill stores, this is where we score kiddies sleeping bags, and quilts, they make for great shipping blankets and way cheaper than any others.

We get back home and donate them right back to goodwill, at a small tax write off of course :ph34r2:  

• Like 5

Morning, second day in a roe for coffee with Duggans.  Lets see plans for the day, mow the lawn, homework, maybe clean the Jeep out.  Will time to do my Sunday ritual and go through CLs, and the forums.  Oh crap, wife just asked me to help with the grocery list.

• Like 3

Afternoon gang

Checked in to La Quinta, Maryland Heights.

Pretty fancy name for a motel in the Industrial District of S/W St Lou.

Cruised by the Uhaul rental joint where im supposed to pick up a trailer in the morning, no trailers today, not one anywhere.

Could be an interesting Monday morning :ph34r2: I'll think about this later, meanwile Hooters!, guy's got to eat ya know..... :ph34r2:  

• Like 7

Hooters! :rolleyes:

This is not a test...pop.....fizz..oh what....ahhh!       Another weekend jaunt in the bin. :huh:

May do some posting on coffee...waxing philo-poetic. :emotion-44: May so beware. :emotion-22:

Very short :blink:

La quinta Mark, in Mo. Jacuzzi should be free ^_^ soon. You have driven more right now  than I do on my job

X2.

Cheers C&C

Edited by billybob
  • Like 3

Good Monday Morn Gang

3AM and "D" Day, Lobby Coffee is-a-flowin, second cup "Styrafoam", Duggans in the truck along W/Gin&Tonic fixins, too lazy to fetch it :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

I think we had some pretty good rest and are ready for the Load/Road.

Too Bad Hooters does not serve Breakfast, not many places out here in the industrial area, however there is a Sheraten a mile away, man if id have seen that before booking this place id be nursing a hangover :emotion-46:  :)  

• Like 5

Been repairing drywall damage from upstairs water closet leak.  Man what a mess slinging and sanding mud.  Cleaned up and cleaned the work area too.  Will paint this morning and see what my finishing looks like.

Going to be 98 degrees here today :wacko:

Helping LF pick out a new car.  Think she has narrowed it down to a Volvo XC60.  Now to haggle a bit.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 5

Hooters! :rolleyes:

This is not a test...pop.....fizz..oh what....ahhh!       Another weekend jaunt in the bin. :huh:

May do some posting on coffee...waxing philo-poetic. :emotion-44: May so beware. :emotion-22:

Very short :blink:

La quinta Mark, in Mo. Jacuzzi should be free ^_^ soon. You have driven more right now  than I do on my job

X2.

Cheers C&C

Dang, I thought Beeker was back :wacko:

• Like 3

Been repairing drywall damage from upstairs water closet leak.  Man what a mess slinging and sanding mud.  Cleaned up and cleaned the work area too.  Will paint this morning and see what my finishing looks like.

Going to be 98 degrees here today :wacko:

Helping LF pick out a new car.  Think she has narrowed it down to a Volvo XC60.  Now to haggle a bit.

Hopefully not the T6.  Consumer reports names it the worst Volvo you can buy.  Not that it's all that bad...

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/volvo/xc60.htm

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2013/03/consumer-reports-names-the-best-and-worst-cars-by-brand/index.htm

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 2

Evening Gang

Up from Blackberry "Shine" induced Nap.

Just starting to rain ...Again......been following us since Wyoming last week ^_^

Trailer seems to be towing well, with a tad over 2K Lbs of Klipsch on board, Incab Computer states 21Mpg.

Omaha sometime Tuesday, meet up W/Dudder, third Pony Express meetup for the trip :emotion-21:

At Tim's speaker warehouse today, he called in a couple guy's to assist the loading, man im glad he did that.

That trailer is stuffed, and it's the biggest Uhaul has.

Four guys and an hour and a half.

Tim is flush in St Louis w/Klipsch, of a few different models also.

This is one guy in the Audio Bizz, that knows his Chit. and a pleasure to do a deal with.

Knowing a lot of members do not care for "Dealers", anyone wishing his number Dudder, Jaminstl, and myself

will be happy to PM you his number.

will slip the number in the Pony Express thread also. 

Tim's stuff is "Heritage Klipsch" big, bad, and eyecandy, will post picks next week :emotion-21:

No Coffee, want dessert..... :ph34r2:  :ph34r2:    

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5

Going for 5000 posts in anticipation of great rewards?

Going for 5k posts would make me "Chatty" ? 

The wife and I prefer to be on the road meeting and enjoying other forum members and doing a service when and where we can.

Far too many Keyboard commandos sit and Bi-otch about what they want and wish they could get. and yet do nothing but sit.

Currently sitting at a Redneck Pc that has a mind of it's own 2K+ miles from home, and quite happy about it.

Fresh (Last) pot of the Dickinsons blend is tasting mighty fine, we did NOT bring enough of the Wonder Bean, anticipate withdraws later today :lol:        

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7

Tell duder Tarheel says hey :)

Quite a trip there Mark.  Have fun!

LF bought the XC60 late yesterday after driving the VW Toureg, Mercedes GLA, BMW X3, Acura RDX, Subaru Outback, Nissan Murano.  Just more quality and a great ride.  302 hp, HK sound system.  On board computer is pretty smart.  Learning every thing it does may take a while.

Hitting 100 today and two shark bites near by.  Two kids lost an arm each. 

Ceiling repair turned out ok....not perfect but I'm anal anyway.

• Like 6

Morning Gang yet again

Road time, Country breakfast finished, truck fully stocked With Wine/ Shine/ and Gin, vinted,distilled,bottled here. 

Mo. has got their share of our tourist dollars, and well spent i might add.

Everytime i wake up with a slight Hangover i'll be thinkin of this state........... :lol: 

Last Pot of the Dickinsons Blend has been finished, need to hit a wally world today :emotion-21:  

• Like 6