Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

MKP have fun and tell the wife Happy Birthday :emotion-19:

And yes Mark I do need a break from vacation, got up at 10 and still having coffee at 1140. But about to go unload all the tools from the car and start cutting grass, that's going to be about it for today and not sure how far I will get on the grass ? I have missed so may taco Tuesdays I can't remember the last time I had a taco. :o

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6

Whelp, as I was expecting, procrastinated to near time for her to come back from Maine off of vacation.

Did get my 5.1 mostly finished except for odds and ends. Did some other stuff too but, as for what needs doing before she comes, not worth a hill of beans so. Working under extreme pressure in the heat of the day telling the yard contractor what I need besides the mowing, Nan's plants, bush, etc...

When Minute Maid Molly gets here bright and early, she and her partner will have their work cut out for them. Final outcome will be, I will reap the reward, and the points, kudos thinking, Billy is a hard working sweet individual. :wub:

Meanwhile, notice am keeping cool under the pressure. I do my best work, last minute and under pressure. :)!!! Like a brass ball valve!

No leaks! :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

As for Coffee and Cables, I've read every post here.  Good Stuff! :emotion-44:

• Like 8

Saw right through that didn't you all.

Yessir, a hard working man like me is hard to find, and keep...working.

Fact is, I outwork anybody, I ever have worked for, or met, except maybe dtel :) because

we have never met. Back to ironing the apron, before the :mellow: hammer drops...

• Like 7

Truth is, I used to outdrink most folks I met before until this 1 guy bet me I could not drink cinnamon schnapps w/ tabasco sauce X 5 of those little condiment cups you squirt ketsup, mustard in X 5. Do not recall if I did it but, next thing I recall is my brother waking me up on my barstool. He walked with me outside, where I proceeded to try to punch holes in the concrete block of the bar wall with my fists. My brother just backed up and asked me, what in the world I had to drink. Many years ago...and like to think that is over now. That is,

taking crazy bets.

Of course, others on the forum nowadays can outdrink me daily...and, I think they do! :)

• Like 7

Guess what?  BLT's on the menu tonight.  Wife bought 5, 1 lb. packages of Jamestown Brand hardwood smoked sliced bacon from North Carolina for $1.79 per pound!  Just cooked up a pound in the oven and sampled a couple small pieces.  Very tasty!  O.K... bring on the sourdough, thick sliced juicy tomatos, some lettuce and a generous portion of mayo on both sides, and fresh ground black pepper. :P  Damn it, I just drooled on my keyboard again.   :o

Have you tried this bacon down there Chuck?  It is branded as irregular sliced value bacon, great for recipes.  Typically I'm pretty fussy about fat in bacon, but if it's cooked to perfection, like my wife just did, it's all going down the hatch.  Oh, and vodka tonics.   :emotion-46:

Edited by tnr
  • Like 7

Good Tuesday evening everyone!

Well, lots of fine and funny banter here today  :D    :lol:  !  Welcome back vacationers!

Mark, have you no AC in your home/cave ?   Our HVAC is set to 74 degrees YEAR ROUND no matter the weather, it is a formula that has worked for the 9 years we have been here, and surprisingly affordable.............well, I should say, we are LUCKY, as our town makes it's own power, so the rates for elec. are low... :emotion-55:

Yes Chuck, this end of the 'race track' has some great neighbors for sure...   The other end, two homes, a couple of friendly town cops and another home the Fire Marshall.   We have more doctors and lawyers living here then anything!!  All good.

We had a block party a couple years ago.   It was hosted by the man who named are little closed group of homes back in 1964 after himself and his brother whom established it...   The block party was rather formal and was held up the hill on the main road at an upscale banquet facility.   It was there that we met most everyone that  lives in 'here'..

Neat contests were also held.   Like, for who has lived here the longest!, one lady won that one, she is the only remaining person (over 50 years now) that is still here since the first house was built...   Other contests were for those that simply stayed IN the 'glen' but moved a few houses over!!   There were actually a couple of people that had done that!

Anyway, great food and drink, it went on and on, even the newest neighbors that just bought a house here were introduced, it was lots of fun!     :)  

Ok, time for nosh and dinner..............thanks for reading everyone  :emotion-21:    you're all too kind  :wink:

.............Gary

PS.  Sounds like a nice summer dinner Todd  :D

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

• Moderators

Saw right through that didn't you all.

Yessir, a hard working man like me is hard to find, and keep...working.

Fact is, I outwork anybody, I ever have worked for, or met, except maybe dtel :) because

we have never met. Back to ironing the apron, before the :mellow: hammer drops...

You win, I don't want to have anything to do with a working contest, but I would like to meet you, try to get to the next gathering, you won't be sorry.

• Like 7

Stayed in all day.  Something hit me in my right eye while riding my bike yesterday.  Bug or bat....I don't know.  Woke up with a swollen eye.  LF went to the ABC store for me and bought me some vodka.  I'll be okay. 

Cornman needs our support so drop him a line if you can.  Thanks.

• Like 7

Woke up with a swollen eye. LF went to the ABC store for me and bought me some vodka. I'll be okay.

I would drink it instead of putting it on the eye. Well maybe a little.

Vodka martini!          Could have been a wasp or bee, this time of year.

• Like 6

.............well, I should say, we are LUCKY, as our town makes it's own power, so the rates for elec. are low...

And you live in mass.  My town does too, more cities should take control it is a no brainer unless you are anti democratic---anti American in other words.

• Like 5

Well, lots of fine and funny banter here today  :D    :lol:  !  Welcome back vacationers!

Mark, have you no AC in your home/cave ?   Our HVAC is set to 74 degrees YEAR ROUND no matter the weather, it is a formula that has worked for the 9 years we have been here, and surprisingly affordable.............well, I should say, we are LUCKY, as our town makes it's own power, so the rates for elec. are low... :emotion-55:

Yes Chuck, this end of the 'race track' has some great neighbors for sure...   The other end, two homes, a couple of friendly town cops and another home the Fire Marshall.   We have more doctors and lawyers living here then anything!!  All good.

We had a block party a couple years ago.   It was hosted by the man who named are little closed group of homes back in 1964 after himself and his brother whom established it...   The block party was rather formal and was held up the hill on the main road at an upscale banquet facility.   It was there that we met most everyone that  lives in 'here'..

Neat contests were also held.   Like, for who has lived here the longest!, one lady won that one, she is the only remaining person (over 50 years now) that is still here since the first house was built...   Other contests were for those that simply stayed IN the 'glen' but moved a few houses over!!   There were actually a couple of people that had done that!

Anyway, great food and drink, it went on and on, even the newest neighbors that just bought a house here were introduced, it was lots of fun!     :)  

Ok, time for nosh and dinner..............thanks for reading everyone  :emotion-21:    you're all too kind  :wink:

.............Gary

This is a 5 bedroom 3000Sq house, raising a family and getting the hell outta this state has been the priority.

So no A/C in the Cave. it's ony hot two months a year, i can bi - otch for two months

• Like 6

.............Gary

This is a 5 bedroom 3000Sq house, raising a family and getting the hell outta this state has been the priority.

So no A/C in the Cave. it's ony hot two months a year, i can bi - otch for two months

Light weight.

• Like 5

Evening Gang

Up from nap, dinner in the oven, Bloody Mary on the desk.

Mr Crow has taken over the work desk, comin along nicely, and yes, he will be built like a brick chir house.

Pic's of the base wood also, he's NO puppet, he will have weight/sturdy/builtright about him, and easy to get-to-electronics.

Beats BS Drone/RC projects. wife has already laid claim to him.

post-57941-0-75900000-1437525241_thumb.j

post-57941-0-64180000-1437525285_thumb.j

post-57941-0-16380000-1437525301_thumb.j

• Like 8

It's the wife's birthday today. So she closed the shop today. Should be a fun day....

To her birth, we raise a glass. :emotion-21:

For her birth, let’s celebrate with class. :emotion-19:

Fire up the Klipsch, and the rest of the gear, :emotion-29:

Then let’s all toast, by drinking some beer. :emotion-22:

I hope you and your wife had a great day!

al bundy thumbs up giphy.gif

• Like 7