Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Looks like a great start Mark  :emotion-21:   I am hoping you will have a link to a video so we can all see your  finished work in motion  :smile: Will there be sound as well ??

Ok on the AC topic, couldn't live/sleep without it in these parts....THOSE hot humid nights are a thing of the past when I lived at home with the folks.  But, I think I understand you..........hot/humid season is longer then 2 months however, I need a place to get away from the sticky weather  :wacko2: all you C&C members south of me know what I am talking about...   :excl2:

Are you going to downsize for your next home ?    

....and yes.....only two of us here with 5 bedrooms and 3 full baths as well..with that,  3 bedrooms have been converted into 'fun' rooms.   One, a study/library/theater, the others are a keyboard studio and dedicated  theater...    Second livingroom converted into the 'Music Hall' which many are used to seeing on RTM, so, the first floor is nothing but music, music and more music :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:      :wink:   making the best of what we have and being grateful for it  ^_^

Enjoy the evening one and all.............got to start charting music for the show in Sept. this for the annual - national fair...

.......Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 5

Looks like a great start Mark  :emotion-21:   I am hoping you will have a link to a video so we can all see your  finished work in motion  :smile: Will there be sound as well ??

Ok on the AC topic, couldn't live/sleep without it in these parts....THOSE hot humid nights are a thing of the past when I lived at home with the folks.  But, I think I understand you..........hot/humid season is longer then 2 months however, I need a place to get away from the sticky weather  :wacko2: all you C&C members south of me know what I am talking about...   :excl2:

Are you going to downsize for your next home ?    

....and yes.....only two of us here with 5 bedrooms and 3 full baths as well..with that,  3 bedrooms have been converted into 'fun' rooms.   One, a study/library/theater, the others are a keyboard studio and dedicated  theater...    Second livingroom converted into the 'Music Hall' which many are used to seeing on RTM, so, the first floor is nothing but music, music and more music :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:      :wink:   making the best of what we have and being grateful for it  ^_^

Enjoy the evening one and all.............got to start charting music for the show in Sept. this for the annual - national fair...

.......Gary

Mr Crow wil have three servos, and will talk, motion sensor, as well as random movement, hell that part was easy and done, missing my machine shop i shipped out to the nevada hanger the first of the year.

Three agents working on my next and last find, missile silos, abandond base are at the top of the list and lets them get the idea. area and outbuildings are a must.

• Like 6

Good evening guys....

Thanks for the birthday wishes for the wife. We had a great day in China Town. Ate lots of good food, did some shopping and got hair cuts(I got a flat top). The hair cuts are great, nice shampoo and a good massage from the Chinese shampoo girl. OK get your minds out of the gutter.......

It was a great day weather was good......it's late.....got a crazy day at the shop tomorrow, I'll check in later in the A.M.

A good night to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 7

• Moderators
You guys aren't working on a cabin...you're building bridges

Exactly........................and having fun doing it, I had the best job on the property I was in the in AC, I'm not as dumb as I Look. (well sometimes) :lol:

• Like 7

Morning Gang

First cup, and tasting mighty fine.

Ah-Ha, it's Wend, had to check.

Shipping out the K400 horns this morning, day over.

72 in the cave, very, very nice, should be able to hold it there till 11am.

90 predicted, better, tolerable, pretty much even the birds have split Calif, heat, no water, they are leaving.

Wife throws out bird food in the back yard, an hour it would last, now at three days still there.

• Like 8

Stayed in all day.  Something hit me in my right eye while riding my bike yesterday.  Bug or bat....I don't know.  Woke up with a swollen eye.  LF went to the ABC store for me and bought me some vodka.  I'll be okay. 

I ALWAYS wear some sort of eye protection when biking.  There's so many bugs in the air around here that one in the eye (or up the nose) is inevitable.  Shades during the day and clear ones at night.  You've chosen the proper path to recovery however.  Vodka therapy works well in these type situations.

• Like 6

72 in the cave, very, very nice, should be able to hold it there till 11am. 90 predicted, better, tolerable, pretty much even the birds have split Calif, heat, no water, they are leaving.

Anybody use evaporative cooling around there?  Seems you'd be pretty dry in the summer.  When I lived in El Paso evaporative was the preferred method as the humidity was often 10% or so and AC wasn't really comfortable without humidifying.  I lived in a 1930s adobe structure with 22 inch walls inside and out, and a 10" rammed earth ceiling.  Probably 900 sq ft or so and a single evaporative cooler kept it very nice.

Dave

• Like 5

• Moderators
Anybody use evaporative cooling around there?

It completely depends on the humidity, was just talking about this last week with someone with a lot of experience, chicken houses but the same idea. Just the differenced in humidity from morning/evening compare to daytime changes the efficiency greatly.   

• Like 6

Anybody use evaporative cooling around there?

It completely depends on the humidity, was just talking about this last week with someone with a lot of experience, chicken houses but the same idea. Just the differenced in humidity from morning/evening compare to daytime changes the efficiency greatly.   

In El Paso, it was good 24/7. Texas in general, you can get some use of them starting at about Fort Worth, where you may have six weeks centered on August with sub 50 percent humidity.  As you get west it's more and more and most of West Texas is evaporative friendly for a considerable part of the summer.  El Paso is pure desert with maybe 10 inches of rain a year and sub 20 percent humidity most of the year.  If you have good insulation from the brutal sun, you do great most of the time with evaporative.  Don't know about now, but when I lived there even upscale houses had central swamp coolers, some pretty big. 

Dave

• Like 5

• Moderators

There was a swamp cooler by the back door of the clubhouse last week, it was about 6 foot square with a huge water trough under it. It worked OK but to me not nearly cool enough for a house. we got on the subject because I asked why at different times of the day he would turn off the water. One night he did throw a bunch of ice in the trough and it did make a difference. 

He has about 4-6 (can't remember) on each chicken house which is 200' long, one end has the fans the other thick paper media with the water running through it. There are 18,500 chickens in each house and each house is monitored with alarms which are sent to his phone. Of course food and water is very important but this time of year heat will cause more losses than anything, he is paid by the pound and if the chickens are not comfortable they will not eat right and be up to weight. 

Very smelly business :emotion-41: Christy asked how he deals with the smell, he said it smells like money. :D

• Like 6

That part of Arkansas is probably second only to equatorial Africa as a bad place for a swamp cooler.  100 degrees and 70 percent humidity, another 15% on top of that is just what you need.  Can feel decent if you sit right in front, but if it's in a building the rest of the building will be much worse, and when you step out of it you are hotter than you would be otherwise. 

We had one in Texarkana before we had any AC units.  Worked decently only in August.  Rest of the time it made the place more miserable. 

Dave

• Like 4

Good afternoon folks. Just catching up (again). Pretty day here so far but busy on my end. Swamp coolers are still common in Colorado but are being overtaken in popularity by regular AC. I replaced mine with AC some years ago because it was both old and not in good shape. They can be excellent alternatives to AC in a climate with low humidity, which is generally the case here.

Cheers to all!!

• Like 4