Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
I take it there are a lot more folks who haven't spent time in dry climates than I would have imagined.

That's me, I wouldn't live in the desert, went there once and it was to hot to even swim. Plus they have tarantulas, so never ever, it's the only thing I am scared of. 

• Like 3

I take it there are a lot more folks who haven't spent time in dry climates than I would have imagined.

That's me, I wouldn't live in the desert, went there once and it was to hot to even swim. Plus they have tarantulas, so never ever, it's the only thing I am scared of.

Evening gang....

Man....... I loved El Paso when I was there, I liked the dry heat. Lived mostly in Baltimore so that dry heat was a nice change. I could have done with out the wind storms we got there. Man El Paso was one windy place.

I also like all the crazy bugs they had there, the scorpions, tarantulas, fire ants, and in the aircraft hanger the were 100's of black widow spiders.

There was this one crazy bug I caught there....it's called a wind scorpion.....man that was one bad a$$ bug, never seen anything like it. I would catch these bugs and keep them in a fish tank for a few weeks....

The big black tarantulas could only be kept for a week or two, there hair would start molting and they would not eat....yea I like bugs and things........I tell ya google that wind scorpion thing....it's got some bad a$$ jaws....

MKP :-)

• Like 6

• Moderators

Evening gang....

Man....... I loved El Paso when I was there, I liked the dry heat. Lived mostly in Baltimore so that dry heat was a nice change. I could have done with out the wind storms we got there. Man El Paso was one windy place.

I also like all the crazy bugs they had there, the scorpions, tarantulas, fire ants, and in the aircraft hanger the were 100's of black widow spiders.

There was this one crazy bug I caught there....it's called a wind scorpion.....man that was one bad a$$ bug, never seen anything like it. I would catch these bugs and keep them in a fish tank for a few weeks....

The big black tarantulas could only be kept for a week or two, there hair would start molting and they would not eat....yea I like bugs and things........I tell ya google that wind scorpion thing....it's got some bad a$$ jaws....

See I knew there were spiders and scorpions, no thanks. I don't mind snakes and an occasional alligator but no tarantulas. :blink:  

• Like 6

Good morning my friends ..... As promised, I was up early and started the freshly made pancakes and coffee etc.

Nothing like a beautiful, sunny calm morning, birds, Bill Evans on the outdoor system since 7:30 am. and fresh Melitta on silver service ;0)))

Enjoy your morning everyone...... ;0)image.jpg1_365.jpg

• Like 8

Morning gang, coffee and pop tarts this morning.  Its been busy what can I say, we probably won't be going to the lake this evening as we have too much going on.  I need to mow the yard this morning before it gets hot.  Speaking of the heat, yesterday it was around 100 with the heat index.  Around here this time of the year it gets hot and humid, not like Louisiana, or Mississippi but enough to not make you not want to do anything.  To be honest, I don't mind it all that much.  

Take care guys and gals, I'll stop in again sometime, maybe tomorrow.

• Like 8

Morning Gang

A nice 68 in the Cave, coffee should be done.

Fires poping up everywhere, heat will return this next week, 100s again.

Mr Crow coming along, details, details.

Flying sunday morning, big Ho-Down out in farmland, between myself and one other Pilot we take up all the kid's one at a time.

Typical dry summer out west as would be the norm.

post-57941-0-15380000-1437835094_thumb.j

• Like 6

Morning.........

I should have left for the shop....but i'm still drinking my coffee, working on 2nd cup. Was up late last night and I got a pounding head ache this morning....I'm working on my daughters new ride this weekend. I'm getting her into our old 98 Odyssey van. It runs and drives good but it uses alot of oil....like a quart every 600 miles.....so I know what would have happen if I didn't fix it.....she would drive it... not check the oil.... run it dry then it blows up. So this weekend I'm dropping in a low mileage Japanese engine/transmission in it. 

There is a big business getting these low mileage engines and transmissions out of Japan.

OK gotta roll out.....I'll check in later...

• Like 3

• Moderators

Had a tarantula that lived in a hole behind the garage when I was growing up.  Played with him a lot.  He was cool. 

Dave

I would have moved, to another state. :(

• Like 3

• Moderators
Flying sunday morning, big Ho-Down out in farmland, between myself and one other Pilot we take up all the kid's one at a time.

Sounds like fun, if you don't have to work fires.

• Like 3

Good afternoon everyone....................well, looks like everyone has business to attend to    :D ...

dTel, I thought I would kick up the coffee topic a bit with a touch of luxury  B)   Hmmmm, what will I think of next............. :unsure:

Anyway, my morning was the breakfast outdoors, THEN, a long and usual Skype session with Pezz from RTM, then dropped everything and headed out on the motorcycle for the performance shop for an inspection sticker!!   Normally, May is the month here in MA. when all bike inspections are performed, but, with my busy sched. I had NO time to do this.    So, I risked a moving violation (at least my reg. is up to date) and rode to the next town.

Passed one town cop in an Explorer, but we would have not seen my plate and that was the only close call...    I am good now until Dec.    Left the bike out because I may have to make a run to the hardware store OR Homer D. for some hardware and hose for my NEXT project today...

YES, I bought an automatic watering system just like the type they have at the nursery for watering all the hanging plants in the green houses..    I want to make this a permanent install, but, removable hose and fixtures to the 7 hanging plants on the deck...    Stainless hardware etc.   Not sure if the 50' of supplied hose will be enough to go around the deck and up all the 8' high posts... We'll see I guess..

Enjoy your afternoon everyone...............GRILLED shrimp and scallops with organic veggies on skewers for dinner tonight ;)    Photos for FF&M a possibility..  

...............Gary

PS.  The engine/trans swap sounds like a bit of a job.........computer goes with it too I would imagine....    :wacko:

Safe flight Mark...........I LOVED taking up friends for scenic trips around town etc.....   I rather that then flying to get from point A to B....  

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 7

• Moderators
dTel, I thought I would kick up the coffee topic a bit with a touch of luxury Hmmmm, what will I think of next.............

I have no idea what ideas you might have, :unsure: but you do have a way of setting the scene with style, very nice to see because we are much more casual here, like in, "there's coffee if you want some". :lol:

Always well done :emotion-21:

• Like 5