Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Morning yet again

Second cup of columbian, taking a break on the fresh Beans, before the "Next" new bean find.

Major Dickinsons Blend is great, but after 6 Mo, time for something new.

Mr crow is bugging me, was planning single greeting for a living room entrance (motion Dector), now im thinking maybe an SD card with whatever program i wish whenever i wish. Hummm.

Arm hardware on the way and painting to start soon, so iv plenty of time to rethink function(s).

Glad I am not the employee attempting to help her up  :blink:

Afternoon guys, tried my hand at fresh marinara sauce, :wacko:  it made a great tomato soup  :D  Homemade tomato soup from garden fresh tomatoes  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

• Like 5

mm,

Only 29 more posts until you reach the land of milt & honey...

Im in NO hurry, i do like the fact the BS forum cleaned up the Klipsch main page.

Even when the BS was public, i dont think iv commented 10 times on anything.  

Have been here for a short time now and never knew they had a :pwk_bs: Section. Maybe time to check it out. Never know, I may have been a player there. LOLOL

You need 5K posts to enter.   Don't ask................

• Like 3

Hello Sancho. I see you're in Beauvior. I grew up in Ocean Springs back in the 60/70's. I was visiting my sister, who still lives there, and my how the times have changed. Sad to see so many of the beach front places in Biloxi still empty. Although, it's still nice to just cruise the beach front, have a shrimp po-boy and a Barq's and just relax.

• Like 6

Mornin' all. Another pretty day in our neck of the woods. Still ##!#'ing around with new health care plans but should finalize tomorrow. Should be a good day ... gonna jam with guitar buddy this afternoon. I always learn something playing with him.

Enjoy the day and cheers.

• Like 4

• Moderators

So many beautiful homes obliterated by Katrina. Tenth anniversary approaching. Still saddens me when I see all the blighted properties that remain and vacant lots that held homes of such grandeur! Difficult to believe ten years have passed and so many folks have yet to fully recover. We were truly among the blessed. Can still remember the feeling of relief when we returned after evacuating and saw our home still intact.

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 6

• Moderators

Hello Sancho. I see you're in Beauvior. I grew up in Ocean Springs back in the 60/70's. I was visiting my sister, who still lives there, and my how the times have changed. Sad to see so many of the beach front places in Biloxi still empty. Although, it's still nice to just cruise the beach front, have a shrimp po-boy and a Barq's and just relax.

Reading that made me laugh, that last line could only come from someone who lived down here, and your right.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Many that survived Hurricane Camille...

Took me years to figure out why my anxiety level goes through the roof during hurricane season. Was five years old when Betsy hit New Orleans, we lived in Harahan, LA, evacuated in chest deep water. Was junior high school age when Camille hit, lived in Slidell, LA remember house shaking on it's foundation. Adult when Katrina struck living one hour north of New Orleans, LA. Watching devastation and rooftop rescues from five hours away. Drove through miles and miles of downed tress and power lines to get home the day after.

Even now the devastation we saw when driving through New Orleans and along the coast seems surreal.

Thankful we have National Hurricane Center and advance notice to evacuate.

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 5

We lived in Ocean Springs during Camille. Most of the land was forest between us and the back beach at the time, so that helped take the brunt of the wind and surf. We only lost the shingles on half the roof but the roof held. Being without power was the real issue. Seems like a dream now.

• Like 6

• Moderators

We lived in Ocean Springs during Camille. Most of the land was forest between us and the back beach at the time, so that helped take the brunt of the wind and surf. We only lost the shingles on half the roof but the roof held. Being without power was the real issue. Seems like a dream now.

Yes, even in rural Slidell we were without power for almost a month after Camille. Without power two and half weeks after Katrina.

• Like 5

Citrus green tea day for me.  Starting the fire going to smoke 5 racks of ribs today.  I'm trying a different rub, Dimply's Memphis Pork.  Anyone here use it?

Haven't used Dimply's, let me know about it.  I discovered this one on my drive home from Hope in April, when I stopped in Memphis.  Very, very good.

http://www.strawsbbq.com/

I also use Corky's and Rendezvous....

https://www.corkysbbq.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=9

http://www.hogsfly.com/Category.php?category_id=3

• Like 2

Yes, even in rural Slidell we were without power for almost a month after Camille. Without power two and half weeks after Katrina.

You know we live in a rural county outside of Baltimore and our power will go out all the time. We will loose power for days when a bad storm hits.....but I could not imagine loosing power for month.....that really suck...

MKP :-)

• Like 4