Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

mm,

Only 29 more posts until you reach the land of milt & honey...

Im in NO hurry, i do like the fact the BS forum cleaned up the Klipsch main page.

Even when the BS was public, i dont think iv commented 10 times on anything.  

Have been here for a short time now and never knew they had a :pwk_bs: Section. Maybe time to check it out. Never know, I may have been a player there. LOLOL

You need 5K posts to enter.   Don't ask................

Was talking about the old one that was said to exist...no matter, they are safe,

• Like 2

• Moderators

Swampcooler then is a misnomer. Only for low humidity then. :)

It actually does help. Temps were in the high 90's when were in AR two weeks ago. The swamp cooler is very effective when you are directly in the path of the air. In Rodney's clubhouse he places the "gathering" table in front of the swamp cooler, so even in the heat of the day it helps. Of course, it is much more effective in the evenings when the temps dip into the upper 70s/low 80s. With that being said, Rodney's motto is always "bigger is better", so his swamp cooler is about 6'x6' with a water holding area that is roughly 6'x6'x1'6" deep. It's a "monster" swamp cooler.

• Like 4

• Moderators

3 day power outage after Katrina at home, as we are on the same grid as the hospital...

Even our local hospital was without power for quite a while. Heck, our local police and sheriffs department didn't have gas for vehicles for over a week. Needless to say everyone was well armed, fearing the worst out of folks in the inner cities. We were actually thankful all but one of the bridges over Lake Pontchatrain were destroyed. The Causeway remained intact but closed for traffic for almost two weeks. Once opened it was heavily guarded and only residents with proper identification having homes in the city were allowed to enter.

We would take about a pint of gasoline, power up the generator each evening and watch the news being broadcast from the coast for as long as the gas would last. No newsroom, only two chairs and two anchors. No outside film coverage or photos because they didn't have gas to travel and collect footage. Quite surreal, listening to them apologize to each other for not having had a real bath in days.

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 5

Been up and at it since about 6:30 a.m.  My brother, who lived in Alaska for the past 20 or so years, decided he and his wife were going to go "off the grid".  Seems they had accumulated quite a few firearms and crossing the Canadian and US borders could be a nightmare for them.  He shipped four AR 15s to me to avoid hassle and possible confiscation at the border crossings, as well as problems in states that they are illegal, California for starters.   Went this morning to retrieve them from the Federal Firearm Licensed dealer. I can't think of anything, at the moment, more stressful than driving with four AR 15s on the backseat of your SUV. I'm sure the state and local law enforcement would have made a big deal about them if I had been stopped for even a minor traffic violation.  Needless to say, I stayed well within the posted speed limits for the thirty mile trip back home.  Made it home with no incidents!  Eagerly awaiting seeing my brother. Haven't seen him in almost forty years. Should be here within the next month.  Can not possibly express my emotions about the upcoming reunion with him.

Just to clarify, he's travelling the US in his RV with his Jeep in tow!!!!!

Where did they live in AK?  That gun ratio seems to fit the avg ownership up here.  :-)

I think around Homer, AK.

Homer is beautiful.  If anyone comes to visit Alaska, I tell them all to visit Homer - mountains into the sea - just gorgeous!

• Like 5

Morning all - back from a 10 dayish globetrek starting in NC to Athens Greece.  Pretty cool deal - quite hot for this Alaskan.  The people we encountered over there were kind but definitely show the stresses of having their sales tax increase by 10% overnight the week prior (24% total!!).  It's a mess.  Amazing history.  Grateful for the opportunity to see it. 

Coffee is great this morning, and on a more exciting note, I'm only - roughly -4,522 posts away from making the no BS page!  :emotion-19:  :smile:

• Like 5

It actually does help. Temps were in the high 90's when were in AR two weeks ago. The swamp cooler is very effective when you are directly in the path of the air. In Rodney's clubhouse he places the "gathering" table in front of the swamp cooler, so even in the heat of the day it helps. Of course, it is much more effective in the evenings when the temps dip into the upper 70s/low 80s. With that being said, Rodney's motto is always "bigger is better", so his swamp cooler is about 6'x6' with a water holding area that is roughly 6'x6'x1'6" deep. It's a "monster" swamp cooler.

Well you see now that helps knowing it could make a diff. here . That pic of it is rather large too.

Thanks for that. Gathering table. Makes it sound rather friendly as well. :)

Edit: even a little bit... :)

Edited by billybob
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Well you see now that helps knowing it could make a diff. here . That pic of it is rather large too.

Thanks for that. Gathering table. Makes it sound rather friendly as well. :)

Edit: even a little bit... :)

Gathering table is a very adequate description.everyone gathers around the table to eat dinner and discuss the events of the day. K I'll see if dtel has a pic he can post.

• Like 4

Gathering table is a very adequate description.everyone gathers around the table to eat dinner and discuss the events of the day. K I'll see if dtel has a pic he can post

There is a pic posted here already showing the very large swampcooler, and folks shucking corn. :)

It is huge!

• Like 4