Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning once again friends........looks like breakfast and coffee FUN per usual.... ;)    Pancakes and bacon cleaned up, Bill Evans radio playing away on deck etc......    

This morning's excitment was enjoying the company of my Eclectus parrot on his perch.   He IS flighted, but stays put on the table ..   This morning however, and after he has some pancake or eggs with us, I usually will wipe his beak with a clean napkin..   Most times, he is not happy about that, but I would rather not have him flying around the house dropping food crumbs around the place, so, I to that for him...

Today, he decided to take a little flight to the railing on the far end of the deck.   That is ok, as he usually stops short there and won't go further then that.   When I went to get him, he had 'take off' mode all over him, and sure enough, OFF the went, screeching all the way.   I flew down the stairs in my Crocks and bathrobe, never leaving him out of my site but for a second !    Lucky, he flew across the street to our NEW neighbor's garage roof which has an extreme sloped roof line.   Low enough that I can look into the eaves just standing there.    However, birdie was 5 feet out of my reach.

Here is where you may laugh out loud :lol: ....    First off, I have NEVER met these neighbors, and here I am, in robe, hair looking like crap, tapping on THEIR roof trying to coax a big parrot to come down!!    Next thing, a car is leaving out of the driveway, and I am getting curious looks, but it is relatives or friends, so they don't stop to ask, they take off with those strange and curious looks on their faces :wacko: ....     I see the bird is loosing his grip on the shingles and looking to take off again.    Worst thing is, if he flew toward the back yards, the fence lines would keep me from seeing where he was going, AND the INTERSTATE is just the other side of the woods..

However, I walked toward my house and kept calling him and patting my shoulder.    He flew back, but OVER my head and tried to make it into a Chinese decorative  tree next to the driveway, but missed a branch.    Down he came, flew over the front lawn a bit (but ran out of steam by that time), and just stayed put.    During all this, I could see people in the house running around, BUT, know one came to the door.

Ok, birdie is back in the house SAFE and now I feel I MUST meet the neighbors so they don't think I had lost it :unsure::wacko::blink: ...

That is my morning story............sorry for the    L O N G    read.....   I clean the kitchen now ^_^

• Like 6

Morning Gang

Thinking about Denio's swapmeet, best corn dogs in Norcal.

This swap meet is like one square mile of walking, you can find anything your looking for if your willing to walk for it.

Paint day for Mr Crow, 90 + - is good weather for painting.

Everyone enjoy their day, Fall is coming, just keep thinking of that.

More coffee time.... :emotion-44: :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

• Like 6

dammit again, I just knew that would be the first post on the next page

You are.

Sad to see someone give up immediately after success.

Ok....so when I made the post, my counter showed prior page.  Thanks for illustrating my ignorance and lack of determination.

I'm heading back to my comfort zone......  dammit....where is that Marie Osmond CD....... :unsure:

• Like 3

Morning all....

Gary what a story my man....glad you got him back for sure...

Well i will be going into the shop today ...gotta try and get the van done for my daughter and take it to state inspection next week.

So if you guys remember me and the wife meet a sound engineer for Baltimore Sound Stage Co. at dinner a few weeks back. We have kept in touch through e-mails...a really cool guy. He told us any show we want to go to just let him know.

We we asked him if he would get our daughter and her boyfriend in for a show. My daughter's boyfriend has NEVER been to any live show... So we got them in the see "Bone Thugs in Harmony".... (no my cup of tea) but he was so happy this morning he loved the show....this is a man of little words..but he was really thanking us for hooking him up. I like making people happy :-). 

My sound guy told me he has a big 18" JBL he pulled out of a club a few weeks back, he wants me to send it my way. 

OK guys let me rap this up... gonna roll out... hope to get this on page 500..

a good day to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 4

You did MKP, you did :)  (page 500)  and THAT is a nice story about your audio man and free entertainment / performances... 

Yes, birdie's name is GB (I named him after the Granville Bros. plane which was some history made locally here)...  Even Mark knows of them I'm sure !  (most pilots know the story...)

He is safe now, back in his cage with Aletta, a Nanday Conure.   They are 18 and 19 years old respectfully and I have owned them both since they were babies ^_^ ...

.......back to some music work here  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:

• Like 4