Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning all.....

Should have rolled out already.....but I'm sitting here working on my 2nd cup....

Well all this talk about bathroom re-modle......let me say this......it's not for me.....I don't do "house". I do shop, make money and pay someone to do "house".

I have done some some stuff....but I hate it, it's just not for me......

Carl.....looks good my man, you go...

OK...I gotta go...check in late....

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Well all this talk about bathroom re-modle......let me say this......it's not for me.....I don't do "house". I do shop, make money and pay someone to do "house". I have done some some stuff....but I hate it, it's just not for me...... Carl.....looks good my man, you go...

Thanks.

My biggest problem is that I'm too particular about the finished products looks.  I've paid people to do work for me and am never happy with their work.  I've given up and just do it myself.  We've been in the house about 30 years and in that time I've only found one painter (who's now retired) and one concrete finisher who I was totally happy with.  There are very few craftsmen left who take pride in their job.  It also cuts about half the cost of the finished job when you DIY.  This job would be astronomical if I hired it out.  The only thing I'm not doing is the cabinets and granite.

• Like 5

Mornin' all. All this bathroom remodel talk is making me feel guilty. Have a long overdue hall bath that needs it. I've done partial remodels of the 2 other baths with a little help from friends or pros to finish the jobs. I'm much better at the cosmetic than the tough stuff Carl is doing in the pics. Great looking project, Carl.

Happy Tuesday and cheers to all.

• Like 8

Well all this talk about bathroom re-modle......let me say this......it's not for me.....I don't do "house". I do shop, make money and pay someone to do "house". I have done some some stuff....but I hate it, it's just not for me...... Carl.....looks good my man, you go...

Thanks.

My biggest problem is that I'm too particular about the finished products looks.  I've paid people to do work for me and am never happy with their work.  I've given up and just do it myself.  We've been in the house about 30 years and in that time I've only found one painter (who's now retired) and one concrete finisher who I was totally happy with.  There are very few craftsmen left who take pride in their job.  It also cuts about half the cost of the finished job when you DIY.  This job would be astronomical if I hired it out.  The only thing I'm not doing is the cabinets and granite.

And Carl has promised to use all the money he saved to send each of us a bottle of our favorite single malt.  For Steve and Coytee who do not drink he will be sending a kitten.

• Like 7

Good "Daylight" morning gang

Wife preparing for her outing and the coffee is flowing.

Belgain Waffle time as soon as she hits the road.

The good ol boys will be showing up around noon, Card party.

Maybe some tunes wile we wait for everyone to show up, including me, 5 guys.

Playin, drinkin, till?......

And yes, the wife is aware, and does not care, i ask her if she wanted to lose her money here, or in Reno, she chose Reno. 

• Like 8

with this BAMBOO flooring.

Thanks for the link, we are looking at bamboo for our main level, its durable and we like the different colors and grains plus we have two dogs so we want something durable. 

Thanks.

I agree 100% with this statement, though I am not as good as you I have still found that I can do just as good of a job as some contractors and save my self some money. 

• Like 6

Thanks for the link, we are looking at bamboo for our main level, its durable and we like the different colors and grains plus we have two dogs so we want something durable.

The company I linked has the hardest product I've found.  It also has a 50 year guarantee.  The sample they sent us is almost 1/2" thick.  We tried scuffing it with a scotch brite pad and it wasn't happening.  The down side is that it's a glue down floor as opposed to floating.  It will be a lot more work.

• Like 4

• Moderators
It also has a 50 year guarantee

For most people around here that's lifetime, great looking floor, but I have to ask how bad is the price compared to other flooring. They sell trim to match, that might be a little to much of the same look ?

• Like 2

It also has a 50 year guarantee

For most people around here that's lifetime, great looking floor, but I have to ask how bad is the price compared to other flooring. They sell trim to match, that might be a little to much of the same look ?

They sell all the different transitions and moldings'  you would need that match the floor.  This flooring is about 4.50 sg/ft. I think.  I'll need to refer to my notes at home.

• Like 2

I am not as good as you

My brother helped me get started on the floors and I'm finishing it up.  He helped with the pan as well.  Credit where credit is due.  I've done both in the past on my own but know enough to get help to speed things up.  I'll be going to his house as he builds to do the plumbing.  We can both do pretty much everything but it's more than twice as fast when 2 are working as opposed to one.  2 people working floors is about 3 times faster than someone working alone.  We both know pretty much what the other is thinking and doing, so it makes it nice.  No questions, just work.  Seems like each time we help each other he'll learn something and I'll learn something.  It's good to have another prospective and also helps that he's just about as anal about his work as I am with mine.

• Like 4

Afternoom all, not much here today except Dr visit...................... nice work Carl ( I used to do all my own improvements as I was to cheap to pay) always hated PLUMBING seemed like no matter how simple the job there was always at least 1 extra trip to hardware store involved  :angry:

• Like 3

• Moderators

Yep plumbing is on the top of my list also, drywall is second for sure.

I know it's a pain and takes a while to get it done, BUT it is shocking to see the price if you were to hire someone to remodel that same bathroom just like you are doing. The cost would be similar to buying a new car ! :o

• Like 5

Thanks.

And from seeing your sub builds you COULD do the cabinets if you wanted to/or had the time.

• Like 4