Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
Looks like I need to find a new method for drinking whiskey, maybe straight from the bottle

I knew I should have made them out of rubber. :o

Don't worry BE HAPPY, it could have been worse, you could have stepped on it and cut off a couple of toes, then I would have had to make fun of you and even made up a new name to call you. :o  :P

check your pm

• Like 7

Good evening everyone..... Yeah, sorry about the glass Duder, more where that came from if you want to keep the even numbers ;0)

Looks like good conversations abound here today.... About to close of the deck from the night, had a veggie pizza, wine and nice salad to cap things off.. Bill Evans radio still playing away at a good clip, got thumbs up from my neighbor Pat and her visiting family as this was in all day since 8am. !! 12.5 hr. now!

Here is the photo of the little House Wrens..... I looked again today, and it looks like only three of the four little eggs have hatched /0:

My other project today was adapting an 11' umbrella canopy which had a premature crank failure a couple years ago, and a new $400 9 footer which took it's place which will sport the 11' canopy...

Cub the fiberglass tubes, attached them to the 9' frame, and now we have full coverage once again over our dinning table (0:

I will get some photos for you all..... Meanwhile, here is a photo of the first two that hatched a few days ago....image.jpg2_80.jpg

• Like 8

Looks like I need to find a new method for drinking whiskey, maybe straight from the bottle

I knew I should have made them out of rubber. :o

Don't worry BE HAPPY, it could have been worse, you could have stepped on it and cut off a couple of toes, then I would have had to make fun of you and even made up a new name to call you. :o  :P

check your pm

Dtel your the man!!!

• Like 5

Oops, should have showed these first....

This is the house with the added wood flange to keep the sparrows out.... It is actually a pipe organ part !image.jpg1_383.jpg

Here are the four eggsimage.jpg2_81.jpg

I will get more photos of their progress during the week.... The mom has been carrying the droppings OUT of the nest all day and coming back with various bugs which are brought 'back up' for the little ones ;0)

• Like 7

....ok......These are the two canopies.... 9' on left, 11' on the right.... The idea was to cut the frame tubes off the defunct 11' unit and attach them to the 9' frame. You can see the old frame in the background, the newly cut fiberglass tubes from it sitting on the 11' canopy ready for measuring and tywraping before carrying up on the deck for finishing etc.... The nine foot frame has a heavy duty ev elevating and tilting system.... A steel cable and brass pulley are incorporated vs. the nylon pulley and cable on the old frame. The tilt feature also went south in the first season's use!!

That was a $500 umbrella, so we were surprised when it all failed so soon...image.jpg1_384.jpgMore during the week, as this project is finished and we enjoyed dinner under it tonight ;0)

• Like 5

Yes on the Wren's energy OT.... The 'cock' builds the nest as you may know..... The singing was sweet and crazy for a couple months non-stop! But, he finally found his mate, the rest is history... We have other Wrens around here too, but the house Wren moved in.... Maybe next year too?

Ok, must go over music for the Monday evening rehearsal etc.....

Good night from the NE.

........Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 5