Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Back to working by myself in the bathroom remodel this week.  My brother helping for almost 2 days really spoiled me especially as it's the only help I've had so far.  My wife wants desperately to help but it actually takes longer as I do more teaching than working.  She's great at cleaning up my messes though.  I can't stand to work in clutter.  Week nights I can get in about 2 hours in the evening.  Tuesday night I cut and fit 11 pieces of tile and last night I got to set them.  I just have a small bit of one closet and about 2/3's of another and the tile will all be set.  Just have to grout it in then.  This weekend we'll be out of town so the project just draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags along, just like my sub builds LOL.

• Like 5

Humid....windows are all fogged up.  Coffee, breakfast, dog walk done.  Still drinking Mayorga brand from Costco. 

Speaking of Costco my LA friend says you California guys can buy liquor there at a good price.  He said the Costco branded vodka was pretty good.  He may have said it is Grey Goose bottled for Costco?  We still have ABC stores :wacko:  

My company and LF's company have now gone back home.  Time for a slow down.  May do an afternoon concert near the beach if it doesn't rain. 

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

Your friend is correct, the blue label goes for $31 and is made in the US.

The red label seen here is $40 and made in France, same distillary as Grey Goose. and one taste, you know it's the goose.

The small "smuckers" Jar is Shine, the real Mcoy from Duder on our trip.

post-57941-0-29980000-1438874916_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7

ABC stores up in NC I discovered last year have miniature with variety for your exploiting convenience. Shine, American Honey, Carl turned dtel(JL maybe too) onto and then I tried last year while we were up there on vacation.

Worked for me, besides some Maker's Mark we imbibed in on the balcony of the rental. Ah, sure was nice in the summer at 4000+ feet.

Reading and unwrapping my mind some. ;)

• Like 4

It looks brown, is it just the pic ?

Dudder will know as to why it's colored, i think maybe it is kept in a cask of some type, but i will tell you, you nip a couple sips of the stuff we bought, and then you take a Nip of the real Mcoy, the difference is WoW.

• Like 3

Good afternoon gang

Up from nap and see our daughter is just in from Dublin, so i need to dig out her car i guess.

That means i need to put shoes on for the first time this week...dam.

She likely has another month off before going back to that terrible cruise ship job  :rolleyes: 

• Like 6

Speaking of ABC stores....I need to stop on my way home and grab some Bourbon.....the wifes foo-foo flavored vodkas did not do anything for me last night......but I was the only male there for her "girls night in".....wasn't suffering too bad.... B)

• Like 3

:) 

She likely has another month off before going back to that terrible cruise ship job

Lolol, yes I bet,just terrible :)

Tarheel, where is coytee's toaster for the 500?

If im not mistaken, the "Toaster" is in customs hold at the momment.

• Like 4

Early good afternoon

Dam, no nap coming anytime soon, daughter wants pizza!

Day three...Pizza, i can do it, i must do it.

Tarheel got me thinkin about that wonderfull french Vodka sitting there all lonely, so currently enjoying the last BM using the mix we picked up in Mo. will be ordering more of this stuff.

• Like 5

Dudder will know as to why it's colored, i think maybe it is kept in a cask of some type, but i will tell you, you nip a couple sips of the stuff we bought, and then you take a Nip of the real Mcoy, the difference is WoW.
It's rye whiskey, made straight from the plains of Iowa. Rumor has it, it's the original recipe for Templeton Rye. But who knows, could have been some hillbilly mixing everclear with brown food coloring.

Still good stuff which ever it is, though I haven't drank enough of the homemade stuff Mark has to know if it's hangover proof. I know the Templeton Rye I buy at the store is good stuff and hangover proof.

• Like 6

It's rye whiskey, made straight from the plains of Iowa. Rumor has it, it's the original recipe for Templeton Rye. But who knows, could have been some hillbilly mixing everclear with brown food coloring.

Still good stuff which ever it is, though I haven't drank enough of the homemade stuff Mark has to know if it's hangover proof. I know the Templeton Rye I buy at the store is good stuff and hangover proof.

I sipped a little, hell my farmer buds took a good sip and loved it, me im still a sipper, have not had a hangover in 30+ years, drink? yep, i just take it easy.

• Like 7

Evening gang....

Just got in from dinner with the wife....it's been a shitty day....so for the last few weeks I've been working on the old Honda van for my daughter. Two weeks ago I dropped the old eng and trans out. I have been working on the replacement eng and trans. Putting new timing belt, water pump, all the seals. Had to transfer the manifold off the old eng to the replacement eng. Re-rapped the the wire harness. Just a lot of stuff that takes a lot of time. I've been working on it for a few hours each night.

Well last night got it running and today I worked out a few bugs and took it on it's test drive......and what do I find out.....the transmission is junk.....it slips and slams into gear......really not happy.....

Will call the place I got this "low milage eng and trans" tomorrow......this is why I rarely do eng in my shop for customers..

This just sucks...

Check-in tomorrow....

MKP :-)

• Like 6