Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hey guys.....Happy Sunday to all...

Chuck I'm still here....been keeping up on post....

Been really busy...trying to get that damn van done for my daughter. Went into the shop Saturday and pulled the "bad" trans out. My used eng/trans supliers will be sending another trans out Monday or Tuesday....I hope this one is good....cuz I can't do this again.

Also been working on one of my Suzuki Samurai's....getting it ready to sell.

Still working on cleaning up the shop....just so much stuff I have gotten over the years...

Now for my diet.....if I like it....I'll eat it.....still 6' 175lbs....been that way for 20+ years......I know you hate me lol lol.... the only weight I gained was when I was about 30 ...I put on about 25 lbs in two years. But now I stay around that 175 lb mark...

Now I have not worked out all summer....so I am getting alittle belly.....but the end of this month I'll be training again.

OK guys I'll check in later, gotta cut my weeds....

MKP :-)

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 5

afternoon all...............not much here to report.....................going to try and start etching some glass and see if it will sell in an attempt to suppliment .............just had an idea setting here looking at my amp wonder if I can etch a tube so when it glows the name will stand out ????

sounds cool...................gotta go talk to some tube guru types over in the tube amp section

Later

• Like 6

A long day. I spent about 5 hours painting my neighbors living room and entryway. She is 77 and such a sweetie. Then I spent the rest of the day ripping CD's while I took care of some things around the house. Finished the day off with some slow cooked pulled pork and a Stella Artois.

• Like 6

Morning folks....glad you all checked in.

Good luck with the new used transmission MKP.

Very nice of you Luther to help your neighbor out.  Would have liked to sample the pulled pork.

I've lost almost four pounds so far.....eating a lot of protein.  LF went to Costco and bought two pounds of chicken salad which is made from their rotessirie chickens.  That will be good for lunches on lettuce wraps. 

My project for this week is to hand wax the Volvo.  Going to wax it in sections so not to burn myself out too early.

Windows 10 installed.  Falling off wi fi some but that could be Time Warner.  I don't want to go through a song and dance to chat with my buds here every day.

Suppose to have great weather here this week with rain Tuesday but clear and mid 80s for all other days.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents ​

• Like 6

Good Morning All - A nice top down morning on the drive to work. Another Monday and another week of life to make some coin, live life large and be thankful my wife has never changed her mind on marrying me 20 years ago. :lol:

Edited by Wardsweb
  • Like 6

Morning All

Busy weekend....yardwork most of the day Saturday while we had a break int he rain then fired up the smoker for a catering gig I agreed to do for some good friends engagement party. 50lbs pulled pork, 50lbs sliced pork, 50lbs chicken quarters and 25lbs beef brisket. Baked "Meaty Beans", Mac-n-cheese, Smoked corn souffle and Rolls

Got it all delivered and set-up by 1pm yesterday....then sat back and floated in the pool with beverages a plenty 

Slept really good last night....back to the corporate grind today

• Like 7

Tried the Monsooned Malabar this morning that I picked up this weekend.  It's good, but the Bali Blue Moon that I made yesterday is better.....Is it just me, or does really super fresh roasted coffee have more of a caffeine zing?  zing....zing....zing.... :emotion-44:

• Like 6

Morning All

Busy weekend....yardwork most of the day Saturday while we had a break int he rain then fired up the smoker for a catering gig I agreed to do for some good friends engagement party. 50lbs pulled pork, 50lbs sliced pork, 50lbs chicken quarters and 25lbs beef brisket. Baked "Meaty Beans", Mac-n-cheese, Smoked corn souffle and Rolls

Got it all delivered and set-up by 1pm yesterday....then sat back and floated in the pool with beverages a plenty 

You must have a good size smoker!!  Would love to see a photo of it.  I do quite a bit, but I'm small time with my UDS and Weber bullet....

• Like 6

Morning All

You must have a good size smoker!!  Would love to see a photo of it.  I do quite a bit, but I'm small time with my UDS and Weber bullet....

This was done on my old "competition" smoker that my cousin now owns....he lets me borrow it when needed

similar to this...84" Lang......damn fine smoker

84_original.jpg

This is what I use for personal consumption....and will probably be replaced in the next year or two 

8433-1.jpg

• Like 8

Nice!  Love the Lang's.  Thanks!

No problem. I owned it for about 10 years and he helped me out quite a bit when I was more into competitions and catering. He bought a Myron Mixon h2o 48" smoker a few years ago and just didn't like it. He asked about my Lang and I told him he could "store" it for me as long as I could use it when needed. He's cooked on it more in the past 3 years than I had the previous 10... :D

He's now seriously looking into a Stumps Gravity Feed Smoker. A good friend of his has one and they've used it for the past few competitions and have loved it.....so the Lang may get a break for a while.

• Like 6

Hey gang.  Just catching up and checking in after my normal weekend absence.  I'm thankful we're off the subject of Chucks nuts.

I left Friday afternoon after work with my wife to go see my brother in Tyler.  It was 105 and 106 up there both days but I'd much rather have that than the 98, 99 we have here with the humidity.  There's no comparison.  While we were up there we shot over to Plano and had lunch with Thaddeussmith, his wife and 2 beautiful little girls.  Thankfully they must not have much of Michaels dna in them as they're cute as bugs.  To make a Lord of the rings analogy, I'd put Michael somewhere between the Hobbits and dwarfs (but much taller) and his daughters little elves.  His wife is wonderful as well.  They're a great family.  We left Sunday morning to come home which gave me time to fix a wall receptacle at my sons house and cut up more tile for my bathroom project.  Back to work for now and remember.  Every minute you spend at work is a minute closer to the weekend :) .

• Like 5

Morning Gang

Monday eh?

Zip planned, but a turkey Club sure sounds good.

Get to take the wife to the Dentist Tue morning so need to put on my game face in the morning.

The wife gets worked over by the Doc, and i get worked over by the bookeeper, the last bookeeper i proved to her she ripped me off for $500 bucks, showed this to the Doc, next time i come in, New bookeeper and this one is trying to game me (us) the same way. no money back, no free visit(s) would you take a chance and pizzoff your dentist?

Maybe we should find a new dentist. 

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7

• Moderators

Wow lots going on here, don't know where to start so I won't say much, keep smoking, and never tick off your dentist, fresh coffee beans, Chuck losing weight and Luther "helping" a older neighbor lady and getting his pork pulled all while Sancho's kiddies started school. I still know I missed something.

Been busy the last two days helping a neighbor replace hot water lines that were frozen in a place she is now renting for her granddaughter around the corner. I hate plumbing.

• Like 7

• Moderators

Good news and bad news

The good news is the wife ordered a new TV to replace ours which is making us go blind it has gotten so bad, It will be delivered for free next week. :D Yes I am very happy.

The somewhat bad news is I have to uninstall every piece of stereo equipment that's on the entertainment "thing" I built. This means the Ht receiver, BR player and everything for the 2 CH and none of it has been touched for years. The entertainment "thing" is a cabinet I built 10+ years ago with Red Oak which goes around a 65" CRT rear projection TV, the sides has places for DVD's and CD's and the top has a shelf for electronics. The center channel for the Ht is sitting on the very top also. 

This cabinet thing will be redone as a place to sit the new TV on top of which shouldn't be a terribly hard thing to convert (I hope). Christy's brother and his wife which she has not seen in about 40 years will be visiting for most of this week so I probably shouldn't start tearing everything up here just yet. 

Then when her brother leaves we will be leaving for at least a week, so our daughter will have them bring the Tv in and just set it somewhere. So I will be out of town thinking about a new Tv waiting for me and before it can be setup I will have to redo the cabinet, it will be hard to wait. :(

I will put pic's before and after the cabinet changes, hope it goes as planned ? A before pic, (mess included) started to move stuff and start but changed my mind.

post-9700-0-15200000-1439229712_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-67920000-1439229753_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 7

Been changing up my mixin' bourbons here lately......trying many of the Heaven Hill Distillery lables.....many of them under $15 per 750mL

picked up Tom Sims 6 Year Bourbon yesterday and was wildly surprised....mixed well with Ginger Ale and got a 1L bottle for $15....budget friendly and very nice finish

Sippin' whiskey still on Four Roses Single Barrel.....but my friend poured me a nice glass of his latest concoction......and I have to say it's REALLY good

If there are any bourbon drinkers on here then you know how almost impossible it is to get your hands on any of the Pappy Van Winkle bourbons....as they are made in very small quantities each year....and sell for ungodly amounts of money on the auction sites (Average price for a PVW 23yo 750 bottle runs about $1800.00)

What makes PVW different is that it is a Wheated Bourbon instead of a Rye......so when Buffalo Trace (who owns PVW) bought W.L. Weller (the only other wheated bourbon on the market)...it caused my buddy much joy since the two would now both be made in the same distillery.

So last night be poured me a short glass of his coveted 15yo PVW and a short glass of his 60:40mix of Old Weller Antique (107 proof) and W.L. Weller 12yo (90 proof) and asked me to blindly taste each

was VERY surprised at how close the two were....especially when you can get the two bottles of W.L. Weller for about $45....compared to the ~$350 he paid for the PVW  B)

sorry for the long chatter.....just passing time during this brain numbing High Level Technical Design walkthrough of three application systems I've never heard of nor have any responsibility for. :D

• Like 4