Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
wicked little ride that 242 is

A long time ago a friend got one of those, we teased him for years, we told him it looked like he was driving a shoebox. although at the time I think it was way ahead of every other car as far as safety features.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

wicked little ride that 242 is

A long time me ago a friend got one of those, we teased him for years, we told him it looked like he was driving a shoebox. although at the time I think it was way ahead of every other car as far as safety features.

Yeah, I've known this guy for probably 20 years. Met each other in a local car club and have been good friends ever since. He's had probably 10-15 different Volvos throughout the years.

He had a '82 that he was gathering all the parts to do this same engine/trans swap. Reached out to the guy who did this one asking some questions and the guy offered him the car for a heck of a deal so he jumped on it. Now he keeps teasing me about buying his other and doing the swap.....it'd be a fun project...just not my cup of tea really....it is fun riding around with him and surprising Mustangs, Vettes, Porches etc.....always priceless looks on their faces as he burps through the gears passing them

(I in no way support street racing...these are always done in a controlled environment with all required safety gear and licensed officials....and any other legal gobbity-goop that is required in this footnote)

• Like 7

• Moderators

Thought this was nice.

"Fallen Soldier's Tribute
To honor the memory of a soldier who was killed in action, Jeff Beurline corded off a special spot at his local bar in Connecticut for Lt. Michael P. Murphy. Beurline bought Murphy -- or "Murph," as he was known by friends -- a Guinness and propped a reserved sign on the beer alongside an American flag. The bartender not only agreed to pour random strangers a Guinness throughout the day, but also offered to pay the costs. Read Beurline's account of the act of kindness in his post on Seal of Honor's Facebook page"

post-9700-0-06640000-1439326271_thumb.jp

• Like 8

Good afternoon my friends.......again, a great day of friendly banter and, ON TOP of a great servo show with Mr. Crow, we got to hear 'His Master's Voice' ;0) Hey Mark, that is just the occasional weekend worrier 'job' :0)

Ok, as promised, here is the latest photo update of the little House Wrens who are still in d'house ....

So cute........enjoy .....image.jpg1_392.jpg

• Like 7

Here is the latest video update.

I like it, can it be programed to say anything ? That could be funny

Yeah that is what i bought/stocked parts for but ideas change as progress continues.

Mr Crow will have a motion sensor that will set off his "Act" something like inviting you to watch a movie or something, but ya know that gets old in a week, still baffled as to what he should do, random is good, bunch of different things he could say.

The wife claimed him for the living room back when i started building him, hell i was going to keep him in the Cave and he would be swearing and yelling for a beer!

• Like 7

Good afternoon my friends.......again, a great day of friendly banter and, ON TOP of a great servo show with Mr. Crow, we got to hear 'His Master's Voice' ;0) Hey Mark, that is just the occasional weekend worrier 'job' :0)

Ok, as promised, here is the latest photo update of the little House Wrens who are still in d'house ....

So cute........enjoy .....image.jpg1_392.jpg

Mr Crow has been ongoing for months, finely aquired the hard to find parts, and assy continues.

I really dont do anything on the weekend that i cannot do right this min. retirement is good.

• Like 7

I have the worst luck. I was trimming the Lantana by our mailbox when my hand hits the mailbox and it slices open the knuckle on my thumb. A trip to the Doc in a box and I have stitches holding it back together. I did finish the trimming when I got home.

• Like 7

Yikes there Mr. Wardsweb!   Remind me to stay away from my Lantanas if that is what happens :ph34r: !

Mark, that comment about the weekend warrior was directed at me...(The Diamond Collection band)....   Ya'll know what my day job is ;)

Enjoy your evening............more tomorrow I'm sure.......  :)

• Like 7