Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Good news and bad news

The good news is the wife ordered a new TV to replace ours which is making us go blind it has gotten so bad, It will be delivered for free next week. :D Yes I am very happy.

The somewhat bad news is I have to uninstall every piece of stereo equipment that's on the entertainment "thing" I built. This means the Ht receiver, BR player and everything for the 2 CH and none of it has been touched for years. The entertainment "thing" is a cabinet I built 10+ years ago with Red Oak which goes around a 65" CRT rear projection TV, the sides has places for DVD's and CD's and the top has a shelf for electronics. The center channel for the Ht is sitting on the very top also. 

This cabinet thing will be redone as a place to sit the new TV on top of which shouldn't be a terribly hard thing to convert (I hope). Christy's brother and his wife which she has not seen in about 40 years will be visiting for most of this week so I probably shouldn't start tearing everything up here just yet. 

Then when her brother leaves we will be leaving for at least a week, so our daughter will have them bring the Tv in and just set it somewhere. So I will be out of town thinking about a new Tv waiting for me and before it can be setup I will have to redo the cabinet, it will be hard to wait. :(

I will put pic's before and after the cabinet changes, hope it goes as planned ? A before pic, (mess included) started to move stuff and start but changed my mind.

Yes, but we will be at Rodney's....half the time you won't even be thinking about the new TV....and all good things in life are worth waiting for...I would think a 70" TV is one of those "things"!!!!  In addition, seeing my brother and going to Rodney's makes me very happy....what more could you ask for!!!!  Happy wife=happy life!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I'm so lucky!!!! :D

• Like 7

Good late evening everyone......

WOW, just went through 3 full pages and there is SO much to comment on.....  

Mark, that is one heck of a swap meet...  What was the price of those violins/violas ???   I have one here in Music Hall, but NO bow !    Did you know that a good bow can run 20 to $30,000  ??

Great on the coffee bean roasting, LOVE IT !  :)

From new HUGE flat screens to Bourbons of great $$$$$     Where the heck are all my fellow VINO lovers ??  Am I all alone here ?!?   :o

Ok, back from a band rehearsal, BIG THEATER show this weekend, and both Friday and Saturday night are SOLD OUT !!   Very fortunate to be in a group of NINE musicians and enjoying the 'cushy' gigs B)

OH, I ordered my very first DAC to run from my new laptop via HDMI to the audio gear!, still waiting for the 20' HDMI and the DAC with powersupply, we'll see how this all sounds VS. the headphone jack ;)

Chuck, my new laptop here came with Windows 8.1 and I just upgraded to 10....  All runs just fine and NO issues ....  I am happy about that...

Ahh, smokers...........Duder, I figured you would make comment since you have been involved with competitions ?

Ok, time to get the trash and recyclables out before heading to the rack..............it IS after 11pm. here in the east...

Bid you all a good night for now....   and I have a NEW photo I just took Sunday of the little birdies..........3 out of four eggs hatched, and the babies now have feathers!

More a bit later....

.....Gary      -_-

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 7

good luck with your show this weekend Gary…i will be on the road.  turnaround trip to (semi) San Francisco area.  drive up for an event on saturday and a few hours later, start back towards Los Angeles.  I could make it all in one day; but, will most likely just drive part of the way home and then stop and get a room for the night.  Eldest daughter moving back to Seattle, so i have to be at the going away luncheon on Sunday.  they moved back here about a year and a half ago -- asked themselves “why?”  Husband got his old job back at Microsoft, so they’re moving back.  Good for them…as long as they’re happy. 

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 8

Evening Gang

Mellow day, Turkey Club sandwich and beer with the walnut farmers this morning, one hay farmer is moving dirt preparing for the new Barn before winter, 60' X 120' and 35' roof peak, wants a little power/lighting/stereo in it.

@home, back on Mr Crow after a week off, looking at things, i saw no reason not to do a working mock up and see if all my ideas/engineering works. It Does.

Here is the latest video update.

• Like 9

Ahh, smokers...........Duder, I figured you would make comment since you have been involved with competitions ?

I must have skimmed over the discussion, If I get time today, I will go back and check it out.  I always enjoy a good discussion on BBQ.

• Like 6

Good morning, you all.

0540 Awoke to a Sweet Summer Rain Shower.

Cold Front Moving through, not kidding, only supposed to get to around 100 F. today, with 107 heat index. 94 predicted for tomorrow, with 93 for Thursday, & a much lower dew point...

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 7

Now if Mr. Crow could shake a martini like Carl.....

Good progress Mark.

Gary I may try Win 10 again down the road but for what I do here 8 is good enough for now.  I hate being frustrated with a pc as I know so little about them.

May be a rain day here so some indoor projects with LF :)

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 7

Morning Gang

Half the pot of Coffee im workin on.

A little later i must drive the wife to, and deal with, the Dentist.

Well on the bright side it is Taco Tuesday!

I think Tigerman has it made for a "Job" that has those kind of perks and gets paid for it.

80s yet again today and im just fine with that.

Mr Crow still has a couple surprises yet to be installed, say 25% done at this point.

post-57941-0-58680000-1439299182_thumb.j

• Like 5

Morning gang..

Just a quick hey before I roll out to the shop..

Same old stuff going on, slowed down a bit at the shop this week. Replacement trans coming out today...might put it in tonight???

I see everyone has all there stuff going on: from smokers, baby birds, Mr Crow, and bathrooms... I'm sure I missed something.. I say good work to all keep it up.

Wishing all a great Tuesday... The weekend is coming...

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Paste waxing the Volvo on the time plan.  Washed and hand waxed from the front doors forward.  Shiny but it brings out a lot of surface junk.  Tomorrow maybe a door or two.  Saving the roof for last as that's hard to reach the center.

Anyone have experience with clay bar paint treatment?

• Like 7

Paste waxing the Volvo on the time plan.  Washed and hand waxed from the front doors forward.  Shiny but it brings out a lot of surface junk.  Tomorrow maybe a door or two.  Saving the roof for last as that's hard to reach the center.

I have clayed several cars. It is an easy process but time consuming. It does pull the surface crap off the paint and make a lot easier waxing.

• Like 5

Factory Volvo paint that I helped a good friend clay bar and then wax prior to this show. This is after it traveled from Portland to Jacksonville on an open car trailer....boy was it dirty

Came out spectacular

wicked little ride that 242 is....LSx with a nasty cam and a T56 6-speed......new forged longblock and 77mm turbo being built for it now....

16795098592_8c90cf0216.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks guys.  Just called Buff Masters and they want $250-350 to clay, polish, apply a 6 month wax and buff.  Little pricey but they say it would be almost like new.  Either that or stick with my $6 turtle wax finish and a lot of elbow grease.

• Like 6

Thanks guys.  Just called Buff Masters and they want $250-350 to clay, polish, apply a 6 month wax and buff.  Little pricey but they say it would be almost like new.  Either that or stick with my $6 turtle wax finish and a lot of elbow grease.

daggum that seems high....have a few mobile detailers around here that go around $175

• Like 7