Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Ok EVERYONE...............this is just to remind one and all, that after a week long work schedule for OUR organ company, the  Leonerd Bernstein Memorial Concert at Tanglewood is TONIGHT..

I found a high streaming link to the broadcast starting tonight at 8pm. EASTERN which I plan on listening to this evening through the laptop and Music Hall system....    I know that Todd was interested in hearing another Boston Symphony concert LIVE.

This is an EPIC concert with a record amount of musicians on a specially expanded concert stage (they had to REMOVE many front rows of seating for this).  

This concert features Mahler's 'Symphony of A Thousand'  #8 !!     There are performers also featured OFF stage as well, and features the Aeolean Skinner pipe organ we have taken care of for nearly 30 years !

Hope you'll tune in for this 2 hour special 75th year celebratory concert from the concert 'shed' at Tanglewood, MA.

Here then is the link to WMNR and a choice of high streaming players you can use to listen...  LINK: http://wmnr.instantencore.com/web/page.aspx?title=Listen

............Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 7

On 8/8/2015 at 1:37 PM, Tigerman said:

Good afternoon friends...

Yeah, never mind the LP so much, but the pretty turntable catches the eye, and nothing better then BLUE  LED lighting to go with it :emotion-21:

I have a NOTICE for you all which I just posted on RTM.....

Chuck, looks like you are back to working on the waistline again huh ??    One other factor, we don't stay at the same height either, shorter and heavier as it goes..... :wink:

YES, on leaving amps on....   I JUST DID THIS a few weekends ago...  You know, drinkin' plenty of wine during an RTM session with the forum members, having too good a time....  Shut everything down with pilot lights, BUT, the Dynaco's were still on the next morning !!!   :wacko2:

More in a minute....

..................Gary

PS, Mark, what the length of the 'black stick' ??   Mr. Crow have enough height ?

Length? looks to be just the right size, this guy selling them had six, take my pick for $40 each, this is a popular Bay price also.

post-57941-0-23700000-1439079208_thumb.j

• Like 9

What does green face mean?  These smilies are horribly labeled.  Since I am ignorant regarding the communicative value of these things without a coherent description I am asking for help!

I thought it means out of breath, could be wrong on what it means, however we will be sweating by the end of the walk, this swapmeet is not flat, up and down pavment since the 50s and getting worse by the year.

• Like 7

• Moderators
Length? looks to be just the right size, this guy selling them had six, take my pick for $40 each, this is a popular Bay price also.

That will look good, it has that mechanical look to it.

But what do I know about robots.......... 

• Like 6

• Moderators

Diet time again...up to 191 :wacko:

Oh hell, that's 50 below my target weight. I am 6'2" at least. Guess I'll never be as sexy as the Chuckster.

Yes I have resolved myself to the fact I will never look like Chuck :(

6'3" and 255-260 depending...........but I have big bones, it's not the fat, it's the bones causing the problem, they have a lot if insulation ! :unsure:     

Edited by dtel
  • Like 7

What does green face mean?  These smilies are horribly labeled.  Since I am ignorant regarding the communicative value of these things without a coherent description I am asking for help!

I thought it means out of breath, could be wrong on what it means, however we will be sweating by the end of the walk, this swapmeet is not flat, up and down pavment since the 50s and getting worse by the year.

OK thanks man.  Those things are a mystery to me.

• Like 3

Good sunday morning gang

Perfect 70 in the cave, nothing planned for the day.

Could do the swapmeet again, im down for the walk with corndog reward.

Clairinet going through a run in the dishwasher, and im only going to polish that thing ONE time.

Will return to Fab/building Mr Crow next week, just lining up the supplys

I see Tiger's concert went well, nothing like "Live" Great tunes.

post-57941-0-42800000-1439125273_thumb.j

• Like 7

Waiting for the wife to wake up and drinking all the coffee.

I see we are down to 16 fires in the state, good thing, this is the first year we have had NO smoke from any fire.

80s today, i like it. only a few skeeters this year i like better, i believe maybe 10 since may.

• Like 5

Drove up to Grand Rapids yesterday to deliver some Chorus II's, and discovered the Grand Rapids Coffee Roasters.  Only open to the public on Saturdays, as the bulk of his biz is high end restaurants, etc....But...this place was a major score.  He will custom roast to your specifications any raw bean that he has in stock, and will advise as to the best for each variety of bean.  Takes about 30 minutes for each 2lb batch, and while you are there, you are welcome to drink any of his brewed beverages for free, read the paper, etc.  Very nice little place.  So, I purchased some very limited Bali Blue Moon Organic, and YEA!!  Indian Monsooned Malabar....  I told him my taste in coffee, we discussed the roast that would be best for each of these, and decided on a roast that is just slightly less than you would expect from a French Roast.

I am drinking the Bali right now, and it is awesome.  Roasted less than 24 hours ago, to my exact spec....couldn't be better!  What a find.

• Like 6

Drove up to Grand Rapids yesterday to deliver some Chorus II's, and discovered the Grand Rapids Coffee Roasters.  Only open to the public on Saturdays, as the bulk of his biz is high end restaurants, etc....But...this place was a major score.  He will custom roast to your specifications any raw bean that he has in stock, and will advise as to the best for each variety of bean.  Takes about 30 minutes for each 2lb batch, and while you are there, you are welcome to drink any of his brewed beverages for free, read the paper, etc.  Very nice little place.  So, I purchased some very limited Bali Blue Moon Organic, and YEA!!  Indian Monsooned Malabar....  I told him my taste in coffee, we discussed the roast that would be best for each of these, and decided on a roast that is just slightly less than you would expect from a French Roast.

I am drinking the Bali right now, and it is awesome.  Roasted less than 24 hours ago, to my exact spec....couldn't be better!  What a find.

Peachy, just what the hell i need to read, wife bought some wallyworld bean the other day and im tryin to smile wile drinkin it.

Swapmeet is on again for the day, maybe i can find a new Bean there, dam you jimbo :lol:

• Like 5

Happy Sunday, guys. Missed ya yesterday. Did the yardwork, took better half to Denver Botanic Gardens (quite a contrast with our yard), out to dinner and joined up with local friends. Gonna hickory smoke some ribs today and a friend is going to grill some crab legs so we'll a different take on surf and turf (maybe 'pig and claws').

Hey Chuck ... don't feel too bad on the diet. I blew the hell out of mine last night with a concrete from Dairy Queen just before we came home. Chocolate Orgy or something like that. Finished the whole thing. Carbs and sugar. Blechhh.

Cheers guys.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Started a "Tentative Attendee List for the 2016 Hope Gathering in April".

Here's the link:  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/158673-tentative-attendee-list-for-april-gathering-in-hope-ar/#entry1911335

Hoping to see all of you there!

Please comment in that thread, even if you are just tentative.  We have already started planning for this event and are trying to get a tentative head count.

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 4

Good Late Morning Gang

Back from the swapmeet record time.

Wife cookin up the Grub, Coffee/Duggans needed.

Finely took my Big Sony camera into the swapmeet, keep in mind this place looks like this everywekend throughout the year.

Just a few pics, trust me, there are at least 1K vendors here.

post-57941-0-32880000-1439142066_thumb.j

post-57941-0-87400000-1439142086_thumb.j

post-57941-0-51120000-1439142108_thumb.j

post-57941-0-67600000-1439142122_thumb.j

• Like 8

dam you jimbo

I've heard that before....but yea, I don't think I'll be buying coffee anywhere else in the near future.  I bought 4 lbs, and then vacuum packed everything I'm not using in the next week or so.  Love my Foodsaver machine.... 

• Like 4