Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

We actually got a little rain yesterday afternoon!  Of course nothing is normal around here.  A microburst of wind destroyed 5 planes and damaged a few others at a small airport about 10 miles from here when the rain came through.  My yard didn't care, it soaked it up like a sponge.  On the flip side, it will probably be crunchy again by tomorrow.  Such is life in south east TX.

• Like 4

Diana Krall....good score to the wife Chuck.  Diana is a cutie even if she couldn't sing. Take Baxter and see if he can howl in tune.

Sorry to hear about your injury Luther...I'm sure that's a drag. 

MKP.....what in the world were you doing to get banged up like that?

Wax job update....everything but the top is done.  Must wait for shade for that.  I didn't mention I don't have a garage so the Volvo sits in the elements 24/7.  So I'm guessing wax is a good thing :mellow:

Great story Christy!

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 9

I have the worst luck. I was trimming the Lantana by our mailbox when my hand hits the mailbox and it slices open the knuckle on my thumb. A trip to the Doc in a box and I have stitches holding it back together. I did finish the trimming when I got home.

time to ace the plant or change out the box  :P

Last few times I got deep cuts that would require stitches I used buterfly bandages and pulled them together  wrap it up and let it heal on its own 

• Like 5

I've tried many many times over the years to become a "coffee drinker".....just hasn't ever been a thing for me. My wife and my daughters (well....2 of the four daughters) can't live without the stuff.

Same with Scotch...just never been my thing.....other than this one particular Scotch that my uncle brought back from Scotland....it was devine....but unavailable in the states.

Edited by JEFKlipsch
  • Like 4

An acquired taste scotch. Must have been a good genuine single malt.

I acquired taste while drinking it years ago. :)

Yes, for sure. And it was an Island Single Malt. Isle of Jura 30yr old "Camas An Staca". He was told it was about a $400 bottle of scotch. Was a gift from a client of his.

I could acquire a taste for that.....just couldn't afford to feed the habit....lol  :D

• Like 4

Yes, for sure. And it was an Island Single Malt. Isle of Jura 30yr old "Camas An Staca". He was told it was about a $400 bottle of scotch. Was a gift from a client of his. I could acquire a taste for that.....just couldn't afford to feed the habit....lol

Sounds smooth as silk with that aging! Me either coinwise... :)

• Like 2

Makes my $63 Johnnie Walker Gold Reserve seem cheap.  And I didn't even buy that....a friend left it. 

Still grinding Mayorga from Costco.  Two pound bags.  Liking it stronger these days.

Jef....pm Mark.  He can get anything....he has sources :mellow:

• Like 6

Yes, for sure. And it was an Island Single Malt. Isle of Jura 30yr old "Camas An Staca". He was told it was about a $400 bottle of scotch. Was a gift from a client of his.

I could acquire a taste for that.....just couldn't afford to feed the habit....lol  :D

Was or still is?  Because if it still is you need a drinking buddy to help with that and I just happen to be one.

• Like 5

Was or still is?  Because if it still is you need a drinking buddy to help with that and I just happen to be one.

Was...lol

Was my uncles bottle....and him, his son and myself consumed the majority of it the night he closed his jewelry store down for the last time.

He can still get it....just not in a real hurry to spend $500

He has a few other bottles from Scotland that one of his larger clients has brought him over the years....I'll see if I can find out the brands. He had me try a 12yr that was actually decent to me (probably VERY good to a Scotch drinker) that he said runs $65-70

-Jason (think my title has people confused.....it's my initials)

• Like 2

Afternoon gang.....

Alittle slow at the shop today....just finished a wheel bearing job on an old CRV....it was a rear wheel bearing...1st one I have done in the rear. Came apart and went back together with really no problems. It's hit and miss sometimes cuz I'm in the rust belt.

Got one small job for the used car guys...then I'm outta here....

I'm starting training again tonight at a new facility.....I've taken the summer off.....I should take a bucket with me, probably throw up...lol lol

Christ, really cool that you get to see your brother....enjoy the visit....I have no brother's or sister's, but all my family still live's in England......talking about my uncle and aunt and cousins....so when they come to visit it's really cool.

Chuck...I'll post later the about the hand thing....

Everyone......keep doing your thing......

MKP :-)

• Like 8