Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning Gang

100+ today predicted all week.

Left the Cave door open last night w/fan, currently 70 and will close it up soon.

Cave will not get above 86 at the hot part of the day. 86 w/fan i can work with.

Waiting on CL responses as to my bids on Lathes, looked at one yesterday, price was right, 400+Lbs is just a tad too big.

Mr Crow in limbo as to the waiting on "new" part(s) upgrade.

I see Ward is into reading "Stereophile" so tell me Ward, do you think cables make a difference ?

Just a friendly question.

Coffee should be done, time to wake up....

Damn Mark....to bad your so far away......I picked up three mini lathes last year. Some really cool one's. I just sold the last one this year. It was a nice old Atlas with a shitt load of tooling still new in the box. I listed it on CL and it was gone the next day. I almost kept it cuz it was so cool....but I have so much equipment and I really didn't have a use for it.

In the next few weeks I'll be getting a larger South Bend....I think it has a 3' bed on it.....got lots of tooling with that also.

I got all this stuff from a lady who's husband past.....she made me a deal on the lot. I still have stuff I have to get out of her house. I stop over every month or two and pick up a load.

I'll post later about all the old audio gear that's over there.....

MKP :-)

South bend is exactly what im bidding on at this time.

I shipped my machines to the new Hanger earlier this year, they wheigh the most during a move coming up.

Clausing 52" Lathe, Bridgeport mill w/full tooling for both, these were my dads, so i have pretty much a full machine shop already.

Just need a hobbyist lathe for plastic/light metal.

We will see how my CL goes.

• Like 7

Nice topics everyone !!   I enjoyed reading through the morning's posts...

Thebes will straighten everyone out on cables and send them in the right direction ;)  :ph34r:

NOW, a birdie update...........just looked in the house this morning, and the 3 little wrens are GONE, flown off, with only one single egg left unhatched, possible it was not fertile  :mellow: ...

Ok, about to head for the theater for show #2     Sorry, no streaming, I didn't even try for wifi....  perhaps tonight.    The stage setup is really very nice!   The backdrop curtain is WHITE and LED lighting from the bottom, so it can be ANY color the lighting tech wants for a backdrop..  I took a photo while it was BLUE...

Enjoy the day my friends.....    I will be checking in tomorrow, which is a packup day, clean the suv day, get everything ready for 4am. departure to N.C. on Monday morning.....   :D

.............Gary

• Like 7

I will lean toward Ward's description and fdj, but of course cannot give them "Likes" because i only give-em-when-i-get-em :lol:

I'm now thinking that I think forum activity is all “relative” and somewhat ‘like’ the theory of relativity.  

I felt really bad :blush2: after reading this since I had been under the impression that I had marked posts of yours with a ‘like’ in the past, but given I'm not here everyday I fully realized that I could have been mistaken. 

Therefore, I decided to look back and found that I just ‘liked’ a post of yours (and even quoted it) yesterday afternoon (now noticing no corresponding ‘like’ :wacko:  - but that could be that you didn't really like it?) and yesterday was the first significant time I had been online in a week.  B)   

Please see the post I formally 'liked' quoted below and the post where I quoted it and even put in the "food" angle for the food and music thread. 

However, I suspect that what happens (e.g., my forum theory of relativity) is that by the time you looked at what threads you wanted to visit, posts you wanted to read, and the list of likes, my ‘like’ was probably buried down under 150 new ‘likes’ you received from others so you may not have even seen it or had been conscious of it and it had been rendered completely inconsequential.  :ph34r: 

Now I realize that my entire volume of posts over the last six years seem rather inconsequential and insignificant :blush2: in relation to your post count and likes and often wonder how I could carve out more time to participate.  However, I truly realize that may not be an achievable reality until I retire. 

Speaking of retiring, the problem is that some of us still waiting to retire have limited access during pockets of time.  Shoot, I log on and this thread alone will advance 15 full pages (pages that is, not individual posts) between my visits and there is often not enough time to catch up with many of the other threads, let alone each page of this one so I tend to focus on the last couple of pages.  My apologies for not having time to read each post, maybe when I retire.

The way I figure it, at least I try to be around forum more than just Christmas and Easter.

Evening Gang

Mr Crows arm assy are drying.

This is just about all the building i can do till next week.

Waiting on electronics for final assy.

20371349498_eda7ee4450_z(1).jpg

Evening Gang

I'm not sure who Mr. Crow is but I'm relieved.  From the post below I thought minermark was getting ready to BBQ him. :o

I like my Crow cooked, but dont fire up the BBQ just yet.

To paraphrase those indelible words uttered by Sargent Shultz and parodied by Arte Johnson, "Very Interesting."

_ Arte Johnson very interesting.jpg

• Like 5

On a side note, since it is Saturday; if on Saturday night, when your wife mentions “hot oil, a little friction, and squealing,” and you tell her you’ll have the car looked at first thing Monday morning, you may be getting old. :o

• Like 7

I will lean toward Ward's description and fdj, but of course cannot give them "Likes" because i only give-em-when-i-get-em :lol:

I'm now thinking that I think forum activity is all “relative” and somewhat ‘like’ the theory of relativity.  

I felt really bad :blush2: after reading this since I had been under the impression that I had marked posts of yours with a ‘like’ in the past, but given I'm not here everyday I fully realized that I could have been mistaken. 

Therefore, I decided to look back and found that I just ‘liked’ a post of yours (and even quoted it) yesterday afternoon (now noticing no corresponding ‘like’ :wacko:  - but that could be that you didn't really like it?) and yesterday was the first significant time I had been online in a week.  B)   

Please see the post I formally 'liked' quoted below and the post where I quoted it and even put in the "food" angle for the food and music thread. 

However, I suspect that what happens (e.g., my forum theory of relativity) is that by the time you looked at what threads you wanted to visit, posts you wanted to read, and the list of likes, my ‘like’ was probably buried down under 150 new ‘likes’ you received from others so you may not have even seen it or had been conscious of it and it had been rendered completely inconsequential.  :ph34r: 

Now I realize that my entire volume of posts over the last six years seem rather inconsequential and insignificant :blush2: in relation to your post count and likes and often wonder how I could carve out more time to participate.  However, I truly realize that may not be an achievable reality until I retire. 

Speaking of retiring, the problem is that some of us still waiting to retire have limited access during pockets of time.  Shoot, I log on and this thread alone will advance 15 full pages (pages that is, not individual posts) between my visits and there is often not enough time to catch up with many of the other threads, let alone each page of this one so I tend to focus on the last couple of pages.  My apologies for not having time to read each post, maybe when I retire.

The way I figure it, at least I try to be around forum more than just Christmas and Easter.

Evening Gang

Evening Gang

I'm not sure who Mr. Crow is but I'm relieved.  From the post below I thought minermark was getting ready to BBQ him. :o

I like my Crow cooked, but dont fire up the BBQ just yet.

To paraphrase those indelible words uttered by Sargent Shultz and parodied by Arte Johnson, "Very Interesting."

_ Arte Johnson very interesting.jpg

.Dont be taken my chit so serious, geeeze, i might post post something like this......

post-57941-0-38680000-1439671250_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

• Moderators

On a side note, since it is Saturday; if on Saturday night, when your wife mentions “hot oil, a little friction, and squealing,” and you tell her you’ll have the car looked at first thing Monday morning, you may be getting old. :o

Sad but true :(

• Like 3

• Moderators
A couple of photos and as always....

Very nice Tarheel, looking very good, I didn't know it was the better looking Volvo, nice. B)

Plus Jake looks happy and I'm sure the LF is so keep up the good work.

• Like 4

Dtel

Whats up my Man?

I sent the wife out to her Fav Pub.

Me, alone time in Da-Cave @84 degrees, tolarable, i do beleive the eight 15" woofers are moving more air than my fan i have blowing on me.

P.S. we aint drinkin coffee. :o

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5

• Moderators
So you see it isn't a simple answer of yes. It becomes a much more complicated mix of more questions and answers to determine what is the desired result and how to best to get there.

This is the perfect answer for everything audio, video, women, men, jobs and anything else you could run into. :emotion-55:

Well done, the perfect universal quote ! :P  :emotion-21:

• Like 5

So you see it isn't a simple answer of yes. It becomes a much more complicated mix of more questions and answers to determine what is the desired result and how to best to get there.

This is the perfect answer for everything audio, video, women, men, jobs and anything else you could run into. :emotion-55:

Just giving my personal opinion. I wasn't looking to debate or sway anyone one way or the other. Yea, like many things in life, it isn't black and white. With the exception of cheating on my wife. Then the outcome is death. No ifs, ands or buts.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Dtel

Whats up my Man?

Me, alone time in Da-Cave @84 degrees, tolarable, i do beleive the eight 15" woofers are moving more air than my fan i have blowing on me.

Not much just catching up on everything to get out of town and at the same time spending time with the wife's brother and his wife. We get along great, were both smart @sses and have the same opinion on most things that count. Been setting out in the bar every night until late, having drinks and listening to music, how could I complain about that, fit's my normal plans.

Because of this I haven't been here much, just check in when I can. Mr. Crow is coming along nicely. I still like the idea of being able to have it say certain phrases, it could be hilarious.  

Da-cave............sounds like you have spent some time down here when you say dat. :o  

• Like 5

• Moderators

Just giving my personal opinion. I wasn't looking to debate or sway anyone one way or the other. Yea, like many things in life, it isn't black and white. With the exception of cheating on my wife. Then the outcome is death. No ifs, ands or buts.

But what you wrote is true, (imo) cables can make a difference, more noticeable with certain systems, there are many variables with this hobby each affecting the outcome, unlimited combinations.

Well with the second part she may decide to give it a slightly different outcome, she may choose to just slowly torture me just for fun ?

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

Dtel

Whats up my Man?

Not much just catching up on everything to get out of town and at the same time spending time with the wife's brother and his wife. We get along great, were both smart @sses and have the same opinion on most things that count. Been setting out in the bar every night until late, having drinks and listening to music, how could I complain about that, fit's my normal plans.

Because of this I haven't been here much, just check in when I can. Mr. Crow is coming along nicely. I still like the idea of being able to have it say certain phrases, it could be hilarious.  

Da-cave............sounds like you have spent some time down here when you say dat. :o  

"I still like the idea of being able to have it say certain phrases"

Remember, i started building this for me, no big deal, had plans for exactly what my Mr Crow was goig to do.

Wife see's what in up to and states, got to have him.

Fine, i'll build another, parts being what they are ill build servo next.

The reason i quoted you is "you are really really close" 

• Like 4

Dam Man Alabama?

I show this to the wife and she will say one thing! When?

Cannot do this, if i make a road trip it's to Nevada to look at the prospect(s) of the next and (last) homestead.

Good wife. i know.

Thank you for the offer, yet another reason i love this forum, we take care of each other.

• Like 5

One thousand U.S. gets the lathe + a taper attachment and underdrive cabinet, radius cutter, 2 chucks (USA made 3 jaw and 4 jaw), steady rest, Royal collet closer 5C w/ set of collets, live center MT3, its one of the better ones too with underdrive cabinet and the dual gear changers. :D :D :D You can hunt for the next 10 years and you wont beat that deal. He he he.

• Like 3

One thousand U.S. gets the lathe + a taper attachment and underdrive cabinet, radius cutter, 2 chucks (USA made 3 jaw and 4 jaw), steady rest, Royal collet closer 5C w/ set of collets, live center MT3, its one of the better ones too with underdrive cabinet and the dual gear changers. :D :D :D You can hunt for the next 10 years and you wont beat that deal. He he he.

Thanks, but we have one hella CL out here w/38+ million, iv got 80+ listing on the Cl.

• Like 4