Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Starting my drive home from work now...i will post an update next thursday...should be halfway home by then. 14 miles in this traffic takes longer and longer and longer.

@23+ years and a few wifes/jobs, i FINELY realized, i could do this anywhere, so i left.

Get out , the sooner the better, WHAT, do you really want another Quake experience ? WTF?

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4

Starting my drive home from work now...i will post an update next thursday...should be halfway home by then. 14 miles in this traffic takes longer and longer and longer.

@23+ years and a few wifes/jobs, i FINELY realized, i could do this anywhere, so i left.

Get out , the sooner the better, WHAT, do you really want another Quake experience ? WTF?

been through so many quakes i don’t notice anything until 5.0 anymore.

• Like 4

Had a nice quake, '89, while I lived in Monterey.

Monterey wasn't harmed much; but north of there, WoW. Had to take a detour to get to Watsonville, because the bridge was gone. I was the Company Commander of the Nat'l Guard there.

We ran a Red Cross Shelter out of the Armory for a Month, or so...

• Like 7

Monterey wasn't harmed much; but north of there, WoW. Had to take a detour to get to Watsonville, because the bridge was gone. I was the Company Commander of the Nat'l Guard there.

i think that would be the infamous World Series quake, right?

• Like 3

Yes, they were warming up for the Game @ Candlestick between the Giants & A's when the quake hit...

i think that would be the infamous World Series quake, right?
  • Like 6

Morning gang

72 in the cave, 75 outside, should be better day in the 90s.

Flaky azz state wants to raise our gas tax yet again! this state sucks.

You know you are retired when the height of the week is trash day.

Mr Crow might get a little work done.

Been wanting a good Turkey,avacado club lately, Hummmm....

post-57941-0-46480000-1439901990_thumb.p

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7

Happy 2sday everyone.  50 and 60% chance of rain every day this week.  Maybe we'll catch a break.

My brother talked me into bowling with him in a league a few months ago.  I told him the only way I'd do it is if he would teach me how to fingertip (with a curve) bowl.  Talk about teaching an old dog new tricks.  Unlearning about 50 years of straight bowling is harder than never having had bowled at all.  Last night I had my best night ever.  I averaged 185.5 for 4 games with a high game of 224.  For comparison, I averaged around 120 straight bowling.  It's starting to make sense finally after about 3 or 4 months of trying.

• Like 5

Good morning update

Pop open the wife's garage, and what's in my driveway? Tweekers! and their truck going through everyones recycle cans!

None are really looking at me except one guy waiting for me to roll out my can, however reaching for the can, just behind it is my Remington 870, a quick racking of a round, now i have eye's on me, i yell what you are doing is against the law!

Two ran for the truck and two ran down the street, i called the cops. they just left.

As long as im in my garage, a weapon is just fine.

Im giving it a Min before i go out and pick up all trhe trash they dropped........

• Like 7

Happy 2sday everyone.  50 and 60% chance of rain every day this week.  Maybe we'll catch a break.

My brother talked me into bowling with him in a league a few months ago.  I told him the only way I'd do it is if he would teach me how to fingertip (with a curve) bowl.  Talk about teaching an old dog new tricks.  Unlearning about 50 years of straight bowling is harder than never having had bowled at all.  Last night I had my best night ever.  I averaged 185.5 for 4 games with a high game of 224.  For comparison, I averaged around 120 straight bowling.  It's starting to make sense finally after about 3 or 4 months of trying.

Bowling allys have Bars!

Had a bud invite me, told him as long as he is buying the Guinness, ill bowl, only drink maybe three, cause im driving after the game.

Turns out i bowl better than him, i was not invited back.

Offered to pay for my own beer, he had NO interest, so i knew it was the game. some people take games far too serious in life.....

• Like 5

Turns out i bowl better than him, i was not invited back.

No fear of out bowling my brother................................yet :emotion-14: .  I've been looking for some sort of competitive outlet since my 3'rd knee surgery curtailed my soccer playing.  This seems like a good sport for someone with questionable knees.  My older brother is 72 and last night bowled a 254.  Seems that I'll be able to do this for a while.  It's not very aerobic but is competitive and athletic.

• Like 3

Morning all.

Started clearing out the upstairs "theater" to make room for a "play room" and sewing area for my wife. Decided the RB5's were a little too rough to try to sell (dented cones and some small water damage on the bottom front edge (swolen wood) from a storage facility flood). So setup a 2.1 setup in my sons room with rb5's, an old HSU 8" sub and my old Yamaha RX-V1200.....he'll be excited when he gets home tomorrow.

May have a guy interested in my RC-3ii and RF-3ii setup....if not I'll post them in the garage

Off to find some caffeine in the office...bright sunny and supposed to be high of about 95 with 85% humidity all week...ith about 60% chance of rain everyday....lawn will love that 

• Like 6

Good morning update

Pop open the wife's garage, and what's in my driveway? Tweekers! and their truck going through everyones recycle cans!

None are really looking at me except one guy waiting for me to roll out my can, however reaching for the can, just behind it is my Remington 870, a quick racking of a round, now i have eye's on me, i yell what you are doing is against the law!

Two ran for the truck and two ran down the street, i called the cops. they just left.

Im giving it a Min before i go out and pick up all trhe trash they dropped........

Well Mark, Tweeker's have "rights" .....maybe they want to make a Mr Crow..... lol lol

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Good morning update

Well Mark, Tweeker's have "rights" .....maybe they want to make a Mr Crow..... lol lol

MKP :-)

From what the cops tell me, not when i comes to theft, when your can is on the curb, it's county property.

I laugh at the cop, he tells me i should just yell at the guys! excuse me, i do not yell at four guys, tweekers or not.

• Like 6