Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thanks sounds like you MKP! Really decent of you. Thinking I would do similar. :)

Thanks billybob...

He was just such a nice young guy, and both his friends that came out with him were also very nice. and I tell ya this old Honda was still a great old car for the money. He really liked it. It came with great tunes in it, good tires, and till the day I sold it it drove great...... but chitt does happen... like I said I just had to make him whole. 

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Thanks sounds like you MKP! Really decent of you. Thinking I would do similar. :)

Thanks billybob...

He was just such a nice young guy, and both his friends that came out with him were also very nice. and I tell ya this old Honda was still a great old car for the money. He really liked it. It came with great tunes in it, good tires, and till the day I sold it it drove great...... but chitt does happen... like I said I just had to make him whole. 

MKP :-)

I hear you! Dealing with a young man now on a CL deal for a car. Minor oil leak. Says it should go 250 miles back here, no problem. Oil leaks, however minor, worry me with a Volvo so, proceeding with caution. Will deal with him appropriately.

Like to think a young senior like me needs set a good example, like you are doing. That Kharma thing is one thing but, what goes around, and treating people like you would like to be treated, is real for me.

When you are young with limited funds, the idea of someone treating him fairly, beyond "as is" will stay with the young gentleman

for a lifetime. Nice form! :)

• Like 5

Good afternoon everyone....

MKP, I say hats OFF !  ^_^

Mark, seeing your photos, I was wondering if you have a crime problem in your neighborhood?   All those security cameras makes we wonder if you had a break in once before ?   

Nice camp site Duder!   How much time spent in the hammock?   Isn't it DTEL that has multiple hammocks around the home ?? :wink:

Ok, the Mariner is fueled up, serviced and washed inside and out ready for the trip.   Just getting all the electronics and such ready and packed so we can stay in communication with the forums :)    My dad has me doing the usual IT work on his computer and audio stuff.   Bought a soundbar for his flat screen, and it has never worked.   So, I get to play with that too!

I will bring my own Bose Music System along per usual, and it is GREAT for movies, flat screen speakers just don't do it for me thats for sure!     Snacks and water for the road ready to go...   GB (parrot)  will be ready and all his food, portable cage and supplies will packed up next...    In bed by 9pm.  up at 2:45am.  out the door 4AM sharp.

13hr 45min. with fuel/bathroom stops, dad will have dinner ready for us at 5:30pm or so....   We Skyped this morning during breakfast, mom getting the house and bedrooms ready B)

Set cruise control to 73mph. for nearly 100% of the highway drive...........good to go :emotion-21:

See you all again from N.C. tomorrow evening ....

..............Gary              :emotion-29:

PS...   Needless to say, assorted chef's knives, Santoku (2) are packed, my favorite Turkish mills along with cutting boards and a prize SS saute pan also in tow, XVOO oiler topped off, garlic farmed in the USA all set...  we do alot of cooking while there, so it is always smart to bring our own 'tools'   :)

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 7

Good afternoon everyone....

MKP, I say hats OFF !  ^_^

Mark, seeing your photos, I was wondering if you have a crime problem in your neighborhood?   All those security cameras makes we wonder if you had a break in once before ?   

Nice camp site Duder!   How much time spent in the hammock?   Isn't it DTEL that has multiple hammocks around the home ?? :wink:

Ok, the Mariner is fueled up, serviced and washed inside and out ready for the trip.   Just getting all the electronics and such ready and packed so we can stay in communication with the forums :)    My dad has me doing the usual IT work on his computer and audio stuff.   Bought a soundbar for his flat screen, and it has never worked.   So, I get to play with that too!

I will bring my own Bose Music System along per usual, and it is GREAT for movies, flat screen speakers just don't do it for me thats for sure!     Snacks and water for the road ready to go...   GB (parrot)  will be ready and all his food, portable cage and supplies will packed up next...    In bed by 9pm.  up at 2:45am.  out the door 4AM sharp.

13hr 45min. with fuel/bathroom stops, dad will have dinner ready for us at 5:30pm or so....   We Skyped this morning during breakfast, mom getting the house and bedrooms ready B)

Set cruise control to 73mph. for nearly 100% of the highway drive...........good to go :emotion-21:

See you all again from N.C. tomorrow evening ....

..............Gary              :emotion-29:

PS...   Needless to say, assorted chef's knives, Santoku (2) are packed, my favorite Turkish mills along with cutting boards and a prize SS saute pan also in tow, XVOO oiler topped off, garlic farmed in the USA all set...  we do alot of cooking while there, so it is always smart to bring our own 'tools'   :)

Hell this is ONLY a 16 channel Pelco, iv got three in stock,and camears back to the 60s.

Electronics has been hobby for the better part of 50+ years, if i want something, i know where to buy it on the cheap, or i just build it. SoCal surplus houses the finist goodies in the world, from space, NASA, air force labs, every aircraft mfg, i had one fun childhood. dry lake next to 29 palms was my testing range, from lasers to rockets i never saw again, nothing was "offlimits".

These days, i would be labeled a terrorist. just because i wanted to build and play.  

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5

Afternoon gang

I just wake up to 104, 30% Hmd, dam it's hot outside, 81 in the cave, tolerable.

Ha, gary got me thinking about some of the things i did, growing up in LA, likely my Fav was the Co2 Laser i built and used in the desert dry lake area(s), rented two of the biggist honda generators made, in palm springs on the way out, had fun blowing rocks up at a mile and a half away, burned up BOTH hondas, that weekend in 81 cost me a grand :emotion-21: 

My buds and i were viisted by the military sometimes, never gave us a hard time, just making sure we were harmless ("American") boys having a good time.

Yucca valley paper reported a few times the Marines were testing "Space" weapons LMFAO.........

My buddy Art and i joined the Moose lodge in Landers, The closest place you could a cold drink, the locals would be talking about what was going on ("On trhe Range"), we never let-on, we just smiled.

• Like 7

So i'm lying in this hotel bed...need to get on the road as must be back in SoCal by 2 pm. But i don't want to get up and i don't want to go home.

What city are you in?

i was in santa nella … central part of the state…probably about Fresno; but on the 5.

• Like 2

Today was a productive day. I mowed the lawn, then watered it; ripped about 50 cd's to a USB drive; aired up my neighbors tires for her; grilled some fajitas and worked on a custom turntable I am building.

Edited by Wardsweb
  • Like 6

Today was a productive day. I mowed the lawn, then watered it; ripped about 50 cd's to a USB drive; aired up my neighbors tires for her; grilled some fajitas and worked on a custom turntable I am building.

How can you mention the words CUSTOM TURNTABLE and not share pics  :huh:

Morning all up late started some beef roast at 1 am last evening should be nice and tender by dinner this evening.......................gotta run and grind a cup o joe

later

• Like 4

Morning everyone

busy weekend but had a great time. 

Friday night had about 20 people over for BBQ and drinks while watching the Jaguar/Steeler game. good times

Saturday we got up and took the babies to the park and let them play until the heat and humidity got unbearable. Saturday afternoon took a few friends and my parents to a local venue to watch my 3rd oldest daughter in the finals of Florida's Next Superstar Voice Competition. She did great and took home 2nd out of a total of 25 contestants. Did just an amazing job!

Sunday...yardwork before the storms...was going to relax after that but instead moved around a bunch of equipment. Took my Yamaha YSP-5100 Sound Projector and KSW15 out of the living room and setup a 3.1 system of RF3, RC3 and RSW12 with my Onkyo A/V....then relaxed while watching movies and listening to some tunes with the kiddos.....finished off with some amazing Spanish Rice with Pork Chops, greens, corn on the cob and homemade potato bread.

Back to the grind today.....need to just sell the Sound Projector and KSW15 setup....doubt I'll set it back up anywhere

• Like 7