Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning one and all from North Carolina !!    Yes, we made the trip with only two fuel stops, and 13.5 hours to get here...   Lovely dinner home cooked by my dad and step mom, which was ready for us when we walked in the door :) ...

Went to bed early (drank too much wine with dinner), now just finishing up the coffee, which I brought my Pyrex 'flame ware' all glass perculator and used dad's dark roast.   Cooking with a propane range is a bit different then our natural gas range back home....   The flame burners are small, BUT, the heat is much higher, so it is always go with caution when we do up the 'gourmet' dishes for dinner ^_^ ...

Just read through all the posts since my last one....

Mark, that is very cool with the Co2 lasers, invisible BUT deadly stuff right  :unsure:  ?   I have a harmless HeNi made by what was Aerotech, 7 mw. polarized - hard seal...   They are supposed to last about 10 years.   I bought mine back in 1981, used it in our rock band with first surface rotating mirrors, and fogmachines on stage.   Built my own control console for it as well, with the laser 'cabinet' supported by a high end vid cam tripod with liquid head bearing....    It all STILL WORKS!!   I believe the start voltage to get the laser running is 2400 !!   Ok on your camera's and trash pickers....interesting.  :wacko:

Chuck, we are all the way on the south western corner of your state....   Only about 12 miles from the S. Carolina boarder..  (Mooresboro) which you can look up easily...   Funny thing is, when I did a Google Earth and the 'street view'  I was shocked to see that my father was captured by the Google camera car while he was on the tractor mowing the front lawn !!!!   Now, I just went back to check on that, and they replaced that with an OLDER driveby set of photos...   Strange, because they usually scrub out peoples faces and license plates when they are caught on camera..

Wardsweb, EXCELLENT work there for sure!, of course, you'll keep us posted with the project via photos.   Can't wait to see the components mounted to it.   I love the look of the more simple designs used for today's TTs, my RP-6 included ;) ...

Ok, got to run out with dad to do some shopping...   Weather is rainy and only around 70!   What a difference, while driving in yesterday, the temp out on the highway had reached  94 when we got in town....

So, there is the catch up report, for you all, and I will post again soon..

Enjoy your day my friends, AND music as always,  I'm feeling a nice retirement like vaca here :D

......Gary  :emotion-29:

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

Who is the dream expert here?  Had some vivid ones last night.  Wondering if they are tied into food and drink prior to bed and what they may mean if anything.  May be just random firing of the synapse?

Had two vodka rocks with lime around 6:30.  Went to a rain shorten concert and back home.  Had a large piece of chocolate cake the LF brought me before bed.

Okay here goes.....no jokes Carl this is serious stuff :wacko:

I was sitting at a table with Leonardo DeCaprio.  He had three quart bottles of a clear liquid and was drinking from two....the third was unopened.  I asked what he was drinking and he turned the label towards me and the label indicated it was Prolly Vodka.  I had never heard of it and he pours me a triple sized shot glass full.  Not bad!  He poured me another and I drank half.  He took the unfinished portion back to my surprise and told me the meal he had just finished and the liquor I just consumed could have bought a nice condominium. 

He then begins to write on a pad and gives me a script for something called sellinizize or something like that.  I asked if that was an ingredient for a drink and he said no it was a prescription.  He advises it is secret and he got it from a contact in the mob. I asked him what it is or what it does and he just looked at me.  I finally understand and make the comment oh...."it's like trying to tell a singer about rock and roll".  He concurs.

We then lean back in our chairs and notice two teenage boys outside the window kissing each other with a third making funny faces at us.  Leonardo ask me what I think and I make a comment to the fact that he may be doing too many substances.

End of first dream.

What can you tell us about your relationship with your mother?

• Like 5

Oh yea and BTW I'm back in one piece from Peru. Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers. My niece's wedding was a blast, they do know how to Par-Tay down yonder. The bummer part of the trip was my MIL. 93 years old laying in bed with a broken leg. She had developed a urinary tract infection from her immobility. They do things differently down there. Seems like here no matter what they want you up and walking around ASAP, not down there. It'll be 3 months in bed before they let her up and try to get her walking. She's going to be one sore puppy. Please continue to pray for her.

And Dtel it is winter down there south of the equator. It was a little chilly some days, even got some drizzle a few days. Heavy enough to make the pavement wet. They have no heating or air conditioning in their homes, don't need it.

• Like 7

Hello again everyone.   My travel and experiences thus far here in N.C. are up the page a bit....   

Chuck, that is quite the dream sequence!, and there is a part two ?????   I don't remember my dreams with such detail, somehow, it fades quickly after waking up which I hear is kind of normal..

Alright, dad and I have returned from shopping a bit ago..   Last thing on the list was buying this damn BEEF TONGUE !!!   For some reason, my step mom is into cooking them, and of course, Chris has not had once since I have known him and eager to try it once again....   

I took a photo with the iPad and will send it from there for you all to check out...

Chuck, we are going out to dinner at Fatz, and I am sure you are familiar with them.  For a corp. restaurant chain, they are pretty good, and have gone over backward to serve up things for demanding palates :) ...

Ok, photo coming up next.... 

• Like 4

Yes, yes Steve..... Ok off to dinner, dad has the car waiting for us ;0) More when we get back.... (by the way, we brought down our nosh items, assorted olives, smoked salmon and a new garlic hummus from WF we wanted to try....)

• Like 6