Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hello everyone, and good morning....

Went through 3 days of postings, lots going on....   Glad hands are healing, car wax jobs complete,  Mr. Crow looks almost complete too, and concerts are sounding good!   Diana Krall always a favorite here as you know...

Just wanted to let you know,  The Diamond Collection (show band I am in) is playing tonight and tomorrow at a SOLD OUT double show..  This is always fun, we play Neils more obscure music at these shows vs. the mainline hits...    There are a group of gals that met each other years ago via a Neil Diamond website link.  They fly in from all over the country and come to BOTH shows, very cool...    We all end up going out to dinner after the last show Saturday night to send them off...

I will have the iPad with me, and if there is wifi from the stage, I will send some photos to you all.   The lighting crew with their lights and the theater's equip. are excellent and employ LED technology (computer controlled movements and focusing etc...)  And our sound tech (Artie) is wonderful...   Half day at work today, stage loadin at 2pm.  Sound check at 4 pm.  Stage lights up at 8pm.....

This year's show will feature Neil Diamond impersonators from all over the country joining us on stage, and MORE footage for an up coming movie...   Keep you informed.

Well, enjoy your day everyone, I will check in later if I can...

.......Gary

• Like 8

Morning gang, I have the day off due to my sons daycare being closed today.  I get to go pick up a truck from work loaded with some river rock.  I have a co worker who was giving away some river rock.  So I will be finishing a landscaping job I started two years. Well got to run see you guys.

he Diamond Collection (show band I am in) is playing tonight and tomorrow at a SOLD OUT double show..

Gary that is awesome, good luck at your show tonight.

• Like 7

Good morning to all.

Half day for me today and then heading home to prepare for a gathering tonight. Decided to pass on the ticket to the game....just having friends over to watch. Wife is minding the smoker until I get back home...smoked pork tenderloin....will throw some wings on around 5.

• Like 7

Good luck Gary!  You need to figure out a way to stream that show.

Happy Friday all.

MKP, I somehow missed the story of your hand accident.  Yikes.  I'm glad your s**t is all in one ball now.  Doesn't seem you could keep your former pace up for much longer.

I cut the last 8 pieces of tile last night and will try to get them set and grout the whole floor this weekend.  It's hell only getting an hour or 2 a night to work on it.  On the bright side I'd probably just be sitting on my butt watching TV otherwise.

Mr. crow is coming right along.  I either missed it or forgot.  What is his final destination?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 5

Good luck Gary!  You need to figure out a way to stream that show.

Happy Friday all.

MKP, I somehow missed the story of your hand accident.  Yikes.  I'm glad your s**t is all in one ball now.  Doesn't seem you could keep your former pace up for much longer.

I cut the last 8 pieces of tile last night and will try to get them set and grout the whole floor this weekend.  It's hell only getting an hour or 2 a night to work on it.  On the bright side I'd probably just be sitting on my butt watching otherwise.

Mr. crow is coming right along.  I either missed it or forgot.  What is his final destination?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Post # 10297

• Like 3

Morning Gang

91 predicted today heading to 100+ Sat/Sun.

First cup is good, going for more.

Will be going to that shop sale in a couple hours, see what kind of Lathe this guy has.

At the momment i dont need a lathe, but Mr Crow could have used one six times in the last two weeks, and since this likely Crow #1, i will be building another, however i just remembered it takes about two or three months to collect parts, so, Servo can be had in kit form, ya-know, i should go on the Bay and buy him today(Servo).

• Like 8

Mornin' all.  I just can't make myself put a 'like' on that selfie. Glad I wasn't eating breakfast. Already had a 45 min talk with my daughter in Germany. She's within a week or two or so of delivering our second grandson. Can't wait but sure wish she was closer.

Gotta run and get the grass cut while it's still cool outdoors. Check back later. Cheers.

• Like 9

Go for Servo first!

Servo (Kit) is ordered.

I have little choice, it took me the better part of three months to collect Crow parts.

Servo is sold by a guy on the Bay as a kit. but he will sell nothing Crow because he sells completed verisions for big bucks.

• Like 7

Evening Gang

Mr Crows arm assy are drying.

This is just about all the building i can do till next week.

Waiting on electronics for final assy.

20371349498_eda7ee4450_z(1).jpg

I'm not sure who Mr. Crow is but I'm relieved.  From the post below I thought minermark was getting ready to BBQ him. :o

I like my Crow cooked, but dont fire up the BBQ just yet.

• Like 4

Good morning all!  The temps have shifted in the far northwest, hitting the low 40's overnight a big shift from 10 days ago where they were consistently in the low 60's overnight.  It's been a warm one up here!  (for US - I completely realize the relativity of "warm"!) :)  Looking forward to cooler temps and football season!!  I am almost completely worn out on the '16 presidential election coverage already, but at least we only have... oh crap 451 days to go.  :blink2:

• Like 6

• Moderators

Good morning all!  The temps have shifted in the far northwest, hitting the low 40's overnight a big shift from 10 days ago where they were consistently in the low 60's overnight.  It's been a warm one up here!  (for US - I completely realize the relativity of "warm"!) :)  Looking forward to cooler temps and football season!!  I am almost completely worn out on the '16 presidential election coverage already, but at least we only have... oh crap 451 days to go.  :blink2:

My wife's brother and wife just moved from Fairbanks (I think) and are traveling the country for a couple of years. The bought a big motorhome, sold everything back home The have been here for a few days so I have been learning about Alaska, sounds beautiful but you can keep it. :o If I ever go it will be to take pics and fish, I couldn't take it in the winter, no way.  

An amazing place but a completely different lifestyle than I am use to, between the lack of daytime for months :o and temperatures I couldn't handle it. 

• Like 6

Congrats to you all with the good news,etc.

Mystery Space Theatre 2000 was the name of the show where I saw Crow first time and his sidekick(s)(?)

Probably on youtube, showed old b scif-fi movies on /Sat mornings, early 2000's. On the old Sci-Fi channel.

Got a 3.5mm to go from dell to Marantz in stereo. Now that all 4 speakers working. Nancy has not absorbed that yet,sounding much more like it than mono.,lol.

All she has done basically is watch Netflix practically non-stop. first near all eposodes of Xena, and now for the last few days, Enterprise.

It is like she is glued to her couches...great I say. May have to use preouts to sub for the 5.1 I have in place. Work in progress,

until nirvana will be nearer. It is like I became near invisible...cool beans!

May have landed another Volvo , this one for me, used. Need more punishment, I guess...reading all but, no time to respond yet.

Yep, the stones for sure Steve. May have been their 1st farewell tour,lol!

Edited by billybob
  • Like 5

My wife's brother and wife just moved from Fairbanks (I think) and are traveling the country for a couple of years. The bought a big motorhome, sold everything back home The have been here for a few days so I have been learning about Alaska, sounds beautiful but you can keep it. :o If I ever go it will be to take pics and fish, I couldn't take it in the winter, no way.  

An amazing place but a completely different lifestyle than I am use to, between the lack of daytime for months :o and temperatures I couldn't handle it. 

Fairbanks is about 320 miles north of here and I couldn't live there either!  It will camp out at 40 below for a few weeks at a time, most winters.  We rarely get THAT.  It is still different though and certainly not for everyone.  Still think Alaska Natives through history have to be the planets toughest people - to live in those winters with no electric power, heating fuel, etc.  Yeah I think I'd have mixed a walk south in evey summer...

• Like 4

• Just popped a top on a Beck's Sapphire German Sapphire Hops. Last of a six had leftover to try after about finishing mowing just now. It will call for another but, may be finished for the day. Unless I take a ride. Try not to get 3 sails in the wind on Friday nights, as weekend job of driving.

Tastes a bit like Strohs, which was an amber beer tasting similar to this flavor of Becks. Never really cared for Stoh's,even on tap if history is the same. Was like getting a bad beer(oyster) many years ago, when I drank daily, at the time.

Anyway, maybe one won't make me sick, lol!

Think they about tripped me after boilermaking with my friend's diet beer and his cheap-arse liquors a couple of Fridays ago. When I used to drink beer daily never really had a hangover, but now... :o  :huh:  :rolleyes:

Guess I bullet pointed this,lol! :)

• Like 4

• Moderators
Still think Alaska Natives through history have to be the planets toughest people - to live in those winters with no electric power, heating fuel, etc. Yeah I think I'd have mixed a walk south in evey summer...

I would think Native's have to be tough, if not they would never last, that's not normal cold it's cold that could kill you if your not prepared.  

Her brother and his wife headed south a couple of months ago and was really having rough time with the heat this time of year in the south. They went through the high desert of the southwest and headed east. By the time they got to Texas they thought they were going to die, now there here and somewhat slightly getting use to finding shade and avoiding the hottest part of the day.

There doing pretty good considering where they came from and will be moving on the beginning of the week heading up towards Tennessee and the east coast. There plans are to head down to the Florida Keys as winter comes. He said they do NOT want to see winter even in Tennessee or North Carolina, they had enough cold already.   

The crazy part is his wife moved to Fairbanks AK from Hawaii :o that had to be a drastic change. But she said it was beautiful and she liked it but they were both ready to move on . 

Edited by dtel
  • Like 8