Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Evening gang

Taking a break from bench electronics, brain fry.

Haagen-Daz to the rescue :emotion-21:

Take it easy Joe, news events can get the better of everyone.

Bad as the Media drama queens make it out to be, we are still in the best country on the planet.

40 years ago, for three years, i traveled the world, i feel fully qualified to say, i would live in NONE of them.

We have our crime/problems, spend some time in other countys, they will scare the hell out of you. 

I watch the news long enough to get the weather,  thats it.

Now on a more serious note:

I seem to have missplaced my bag Fresh Snickerdoodles :o

post-57941-0-36080000-1447821556_thumb.j

• Like 9

• Moderators
All those good people don't make the nightly news.

Very true JL, and they far outnumber the crazies.  :emotion-21:

One other thing is the news sensationalizes/reports on every story from every crack of the earth, nowhere escapes a good story, and it's up to the minute. 

Your good Joe, it's hard to not feel that way, I would think that's normal.............. Just think of how many nice things people did for others today, there is not enough time to report it all. 

• Like 7

Carl.....not true in my case :)

Waiting for a warm up to start washing the house.  Recent wet spell has created a lot of green lines :wacko:

Coffee done, breakfast done, Jake walked.

Speaking of breakfast I tried something new for breakfast yesterday and today on Yahoo's home page someone made my exact idea.

My sister and I use to ask my mother to make what she called "western nest eggs".  She would cut a round hole in the middle of white bread, brown it up in butter, then break an egg into the hole and fry it.  Flip once,

Yesterday, not having white bread, I did the same thing with a bagel, slightly enlarging the center hole.  Open up to Yahoo and there it is!

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 8

November of last year we had record-breaking snowfall of 31 inches. This November we had a record-breaking high temp of 76° (& still have green grass). My coffee tastes better with snow on the ground.

Hey Joe, if nothing else.... that shows that today is another day & tomorrow is behind you. It's always important to have a good wingman (with a fresh perspective & a good sense of humor)... seems like you have plenty of wingmen here.

Ds60IPf.gif

• Like 6

Hi Joe and the gang ... like Carl, i keep sane (yeah, i know that’s up for argument) by prayer and i don’t expect anything better from this world. I’m saddened by what goes on; but, not at all surprised.  

Had to cut my week-long business trip short and am back home today.  Up in the mountains at a conference.  2 hours from the beach; but, there was snow on the ground and it was 29 degrees last night.  After lunch today, had to use my Asthma inhaler, which speeds up my heart.  This time it also triggered a MAJOR episode of pre-ventricular contractions--a new condition that i’ve been blessed with.  Took one of the heart pills that the doctor gave me; but, it didn’t stop them.  After about 90 minutes, my chest was starting to hurt a little (from the POUNDING heart or building anxiety or both?) and i was starting to get concerned, so i decided to drive home and check in with the cardiologist in the morning. When they first diagnosed this (last June) i had some heart tests done including a nuclear stress test on the treadmill--all checked out okay and no blockage.  But, still too new of a condition for me to be able to self-diagnose when it’s too serious to ignore and when it’s just a nuisance. 

Steve, I had a similar experience about 5 or 6 yrs ago and wound up in the ER. Been on a medication called Metoprolo or Metoprol ever since and it seems to do the trick. Sometimes the solution is fairly simple and painless. Hope it is for you, too. Chuck

• Like 7