Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Evening gang

Just up from Nap :emotion-21:

Wife makin Chicken Tenders/Taters,,,,Man Food :emotion-21:

Foot heaters coming up to temp and an IPA sounds pretty Dam good :emotion-21:

Looks like the Weather Drama pep's are stating a little rain sunday. and no, not even close to being enough  :mellow:

An un-eventfull Friday the 13th, well in the USA anyway  :mellow:

post-57941-0-51740000-1447464782_thumb.j

• Like 7

Good evening everyone...... Happy Friday night, and for this worker bee, it is an evening of wine and music... RTM is dead this evening and I have posted many photos from my newest acquired LP that just arrived yesterday..

Here is a photo from moments ago.... Paul McCartney's symphonic music for dance.....my very FIRST listen and it is very good !image_110.jpeg

• Like 7

.....Chuck, thought of you this evening and took another photo of the new pre.....it is a wonderful bit of gear for sure, sounds wonderful and my goodness, the conveniences to run it are so nice ;0))

Thanks for the likes everyone...

....PS, Chuck, did you ever get sound out of that keyboard? Send me a PM and we can discuss it...

Here you go....

image_112.jpeg

• Like 6

.....Chuck, thought of you this evening and took another photo of the new pre.....it is a wonderful bit of gear for sure, sounds wonderful and my goodness, the conveniences to run it are so nice ;0))

Thanks for the likes everyone...

....PS, Chuck, did you ever get sound out of that keyboard? Send me a PM and we can discuss it...

Here you go....image_112.jpeg

Gary, check your PM.

• Like 2

........ok, I just had to share my next play..... A high res. DVD-A and recorded by our beloved PWK back in 1955-57... He knew way back then that multi channel miking wasn't good enough to capture a live performance... I am totally in his camp here ;0)

Stereo as well, and a number of years before offered to the masses.......a remarkable recording!!image_113.jpeg

• Like 8

Good morning-

Enjoyed dinner last evening with old (I know, it's redundant) friends from college. Washed down fish & chips with Sundog Amber Ale from New Holland Brewing Co., Holland, MI.

On another note, does anyone have experience with digital downloads of Klipsch Tapes? I see one available online for $16. At that price, I'll use some of my birthday money to try it on my Pono player.

Enjoy the day. May the best teams win, which is unlikely these days with the poor officiating.

post-6832-0-35420000-1447512230_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 6

Morning Gents and a cool one it is for these parts.

Some yard work on the agenda and gutter cleaning....again.

Gary.......LF brought over a small guitar amp and we plugged the keyboard in and got sound.  There are a couple of sticking keys that I have given liberal doses of contact cleaner followed by a spray lube.  Neither of us know how to play but it looks good in the music room :wacko:

Made a real easy chicken vegetable soup yesterday. After using some of a Costco rotisserie chicken for salads I boiled the remaining chicken with 8 cups of water and a couple of bouillon cubes.  Then pulled off the chicken from the bones and added frozen vegetables.  Salt and pepper.  That's it.  LF likes it too.  Could use rice but we try to cut back on carbs.

Watched a little football (a rarity) at a place called Joe's Oasis last Sunday.  Went there for the wings that were supposed to be so hot they are painful.  Got a sample of the sauce and then ordered the wings.....not bad but have beer nearby.

Enough about me....what are you guys up to this weekend?

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 7

Good Sat morning gang (had to check the day)

Fresh grind breakfast blend from SB is the coffee today, out of the Duggans.

Farm run to install Contactor for compressor/air.

Looks to be a Turkey/avacado/club breakfast, w/BM.

41 and whatever they say, 50? feels like 40.

Rain sunday, so they say, not enough to make any difference (Yet).

post-57941-0-16220000-1447511843_thumb.j

• Like 9

Morning gang working on the third cup, breakfast burrito down.  It has been a nice relaxing morning with coffee and reading about Mr. Pass's creations over at Firstwatt.  Wife just informed me she was thinking of going out and getting her hair cut.  Normally I don't mind, however she mentioned one of the higher scale salon $$$$ :o

Chuck I maid something of the sort last night for dinner as well.  Roasted turkey breast with brown rice in chicken broth and spinach.  Very simple to make and low on sugar, the kids liked it, so that is a win.  As for today, I have to finish a paper for my English Comp 2 class.  Around 2 we are heading to a baby welcoming party with roasted pig.  After that its a low key bachelor party.  

Neil, Hopefully we get good football, regardless of bad officiating.

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 7

Good morning/afternoon my friends.............again, thanks for the photo compliments... 

Today is putting up some Christmas deco on the front pines and shrubs while the weather is good..

DIZ, please let us know what you think of those very 'old' recordings, they sound fresh!  I also of the other on DVD-A (yes, they were pricey, but I feel worth every penny).   The first one is a great sampler.

The other VERY IMPORTANT thing with the first one is, one of the finest recording engineers who was very young that year, and PK took him under his wing, and so this early work is heard on that first sampler...   His name?,   John Eargle B) !   He passed away a few years back.  Best known for his books on recording/engineering and pipeorgan recordings (since he was the organist I believe as well) orchestral recordings too, and believed in minimal miking, as do I....    He was also famous for his work with Delos records.  

Enjoy :)

• Like 6

Zzzzzz... Good Saturday to you. Had one of "those nights" last night - with the one year old who has the stuffy nose, cough and two teeth breaking through. You parents all know the "what's this sleep you speak of" nights. Might be a three cup morning! How long til morning nap?

• Like 7

Afternoon all.....

So far all I have done today is drink my two cups of coffee.....

The wife and I just sitting on the couch watching a movie.....Stone Hearst Asylum.....

We just finnished a movie that we started last night.... Circle.... ahhhh was ok.....

Was a ok week...kinda slow at the shop.....but we did make enough for payroll....I like getting payed...lol lol

We have a customer that dropped off his old 1991 Honda CRX "hf"..... his car has 369K miles on it...and it still gets close to 48 mpg. These cars were built for fuel economy....

Years ago I owned a 87 CRX hf and that car got 45+ mpg...it was a carburated car. I sold it one of my mechanic buddies at the dealership and he was getting almost 50 mpg highway...those old cars were incredible....

Not to much planned.....will proberly do some house clean-up.... might suck-up some leaves tomorrow, got a whole yard full now.

Chuck...I got new gutters years ago when we got a new roof. We got the gutters that have caps on them. So far so good with em....they have been on for about 10 years now. I still get on the roof a blow off the leaves and crapp. We have some 37 oak trees on our lot and it's only 1/2 acre and then there's the neighbous trees.... I was on the roof last week blowing off the leaves....I tooks some pic's of the yard, I'll post them for ya....

Not much else going on......wishing all a great weekend....

MKP :-)

• Like 7