Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
Sitting in my bud's barber shop dowtown, barber steve says, you should to geeet yourself some airhorns on that thing.

My neighbor/friend had a dump truck, i got him a "starter" set of air horns for his birthday, he loved it. But it was a mistake by me, he would pull up to the house early in the morning when he wanted to do something and blow the horn.

• Like 4

Sitting in my bud's barber shop dowtown, barber steve says, you should to geeet yourself some airhorns on that thing.

My neighbor/friend had a dump truck, i got him a "starter" set of air horns for his birthday, he loved it. But it was a mistake by me, he would pull up to the house early in the morning when he wanted to do something and blow the horn.

Oh man, i do not even know how to respond to this.....

Ok, spiderman stated, "With power comes responsibilty"

This i have, and must continue to live with, i can blow people into the street, crash cars, cause untold havick.

Yes indeed, i installed my "Clayton" Valve on the floorboard where in order to "pull it" i need to flip up two midconsole seats.

Thank god i did this, we all have people that deserve the use of a "FullPull", if i could have gotten to this Valve one more than once, i would be in jail.

I do let the farmers know im coming (wile on the freeway) 2.5 miles......as the crow flys. 

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

Soooo Mark the wife was just walking in the office as I was playing the video of the airhorn....... she said "train's a coming".... I said no... that what minermark has on his dodge......

She said "what the does he have those for?????".... I was like... that's what my man likes.... 

I told her you were called out for a "blowoff".........she said " that's not what I think of when you say "blowoff".... lol lol

Gettem mark.... video that shitt for us....

MKP :-)

Some years back the wife and i thought, lets get a fifth wheel!

Ok, shop and procure the 3500 that we all know will hall any dam thing on the planet.

Then the wife asks, (We live in an Apt downown Sac) Where are we going to store it? oh chit, did not think of that!

Then instead of the 5th wheel, 5Bd house instead, so now i have this huge truck WTF? am i going to do with this this thing?

Wife says keep it, it's paid for, um ok.

Hummmm, a little youtube, a little ebay, why in the hell not?

I run 140Psi with 30Gal tank and 3/4 inch jackhammer lines, locamotives run 130Psi, and 1/2" pipe.

Now i have have every Hic this side of the mississippi wanting a blowoff.......Chit.

Ya know mark my shop is right next to some train tracks....like just across the road....we maybe get two trains a day.... when I'm outside I'll wave to the engineer..... He'll always give a honk or two with those horns.....

From now on I'll be thinking about you and the "blowoff" when the train goes by the shop....

• Like 2

• Moderators

Even the small horns can get really loud, I have to say once while riding with him someone started to pull out in front of us and he blew the horn, i think it really helped prevent the accident.

Somewhere on you tube is videos of people blowing large horns scaring unsuspecting people, it's pretty funny.

• Like 3

Soooo Mark the wife was just walking in the office as I was playing the video of the airhorn....... she said "train's a coming".... I said no... that what minermark has on his dodge......

She said "what the does he have those for?????".... I was like... that's what my man likes.... 

I told her you were called out for a "blowoff".........she said " that's not what I think of when you say "blowoff".... lol lol

Gettem mark.... video that shitt for us....

Some years back the wife and i thought, lets get a fifth wheel!

Ok, shop and procure the 3500 that we all know will hall any dam thing on the planet.

Then the wife asks, (We live in an Apt downown Sac) Where are we going to store it? oh chit, did not think of that!

Then instead of the 5th wheel, 5Bd house instead, so now i have this huge truck WTF? am i going to do with this this thing?

Wife says keep it, it's paid for, um ok.

Hummmm, a little youtube, a little ebay, why in the hell not?

I run 140Psi with 30Gal tank and 3/4 inch jackhammer lines, locamotives run 130Psi, and 1/2" pipe.

Now i have have every Hic this side of the mississippi wanting a blowoff.......Chit.

Ya know mark my shop is right next to some train tracks....like just across the road....we maybe get two trains a day.... when I'm outside I'll wave to the engineer..... He'll always give a honk or two with those horns.....

From now on I'll be thinking about you and the "blowoff" when the train goes by the shop....

I just really need to start watching my azz.

everything iv learned is kick azz and take NO names.

You build something, my mind, there is NO fail, there is no "next time i'll do it better"...Chit im cursed with this.

Do i know think is someone out there better? yes, and i await the day.

Sooo maybe then i can relax.

Im really trying these days, NOT to excell, NOT to take an idea to the extream. Nomore! i wish now to enjoy my retirement, you know like blowing chit up in the desert, common American mindset. and then have a beer.

• Like 3

Even the small horns can get really loud, I have to say once while riding with him someone started to pull out in front of us and he blew the horn, i think it really helped prevent the accident.

Somewhere on you tube is videos of people blowing large horns scaring unsuspecting people, it's pretty funny.

Yeah, but you got to think Liabilty these days, you scare someone, they OWN you.

• Like 3

• Moderators

That's true, I remembered the loudest horn I have ever heard and knew I had a pic. A ship horn, couldn't get any closer but it's a good size electric motor, where the pic is from is not where you want to be when it goes off.

post-9700-0-06980000-1448847009_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

Good evening gang.....   Wow, so much going on........!

First off, thanks for the GREAT photos Chuck!  Enjoyed looking at those fireworks and all the personalities too ^_^ ^_^

Mark, thanks for the compliment on the EH-K's  ....   Those amps were on from 2pm. until I closed up Music Hall around midnight!! 

ALSO, when you started talking about high power locomotive horns (I think of Leslie brand), BUT, I started thinking about a very good video of this smallish car coming around a bend late at night.............AND THEN, you POSTED THAT VIDEO !!!   (what are the chances :D )    But yeah, with those DB levels, you MUST proceed with caution for sure...

Well, enjoy your new found and official retirement...   I will be 63 next month, and figure I have 2 more years as worker bee.......Car will be paid for then, and half that will turn into a monthly health insurance payment...........should all work out...  

All my LED outdoor lightings were turned on this evening, new additions each year, tastefully done I assure you....    I will have photos...........GEEZ, I have photos of Halloween AND Thanksgiving to share.............better get off my azzz huh ??

Enjoy the evening...........kitchen cleanup, then some music practice before rehearsal tomorrow after work...

............Gary

• Like 4

Good evening gang.....   Wow, so much going on........!

First off, thanks for the GREAT photos Chuck!  Enjoyed looking at those fireworks and all the personalities too ^_^ ^_^

Mark, thanks for the compliment on the EH-K's  ....   Those amps were on from 2pm. until I closed up Music Hall around midnight!! 

ALSO, when you started talking about high power locomotive horns (I think of Leslie brand), BUT, I started thinking about a very good video of this smallish car coming around a bend late at night.............AND THEN, you POSTED THAT VIDEO !!!   (what are the chances :D )    But yeah, with those DB levels, you MUST proceed with caution for sure...

Well, enjoy your new found and official retirement...   I will be 63 next month, and figure I have 2 more years as worker bee.......Car will be paid for then, and half that will turn into a monthly health insurance payment...........should all work out...  

All my LED outdoor lightings were turned on this evening, new additions each year, tastefully done I assure you....    I will have photos...........GEEZ, I have photos of Halloween AND Thanksgiving to share.............better get off my azzz huh ??

Enjoy the evening...........kitchen cleanup, then some music practice before rehearsal tomorrow after work...

............Gary

"(I think of Leslie brand)" man, i just do not wish to be a part of it anymore, i know of the Leslie's, the one's i want are the current Amtrack horns, i hear them every day being ony a 1/2 mile from the south/west side of the roseville trainyard.

Sweet tuned is an understatment, but then again, i wish to be DONE with this youngin sport.

• Like 4

Good Monday morning.

It's been decades since I've had an alcohol fueled hangover, after way way too many in the 70s. I find that too much food can result in a hangover also. My theory is that excess amounts of alcohol or food requires your body to rid itself of the excess, which disrupts sleep, which generates a hangover. I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but that's my theory and experience.

• Like 7