Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Always nice to see everything placed correctly. Makes me feel that all is not lost in the world. It may seem trivial to some, but culture, good manners, the ability to show respect to others and show some restraint... we may yet survive.

Bruce

• Like 6

Good morning my friends....

Thank you Steve, Marvel, and dTel et. all for your lovely compliments on the Thanksgiving table setting and foods  :) ..

Hear you there Mark, that is always an excellent rule for wine storage, although, with the newer synthetic corks and screw tops, that is becoming less of a worry...   However, keeping the pests out of the vineyard is important...

Ok, off to the eastern half of our state with the boss today, for a later day of organ tuning etc....  

Enjoy the day...........cool and rainy here today, but, nice and unusually warm weekend ahead  ^_^ ..

.....Gary

• Like 8

Your becoming a regular Bob Vila, sorry bad choice of characters

I wish I had his wood working skills.  You're right though, I'm more the cartoon character type.

Now that's not what I was thinking, I didn't care for Bob Vila, he is better at sales (himself) than woodworking, he sold out to Sears for years and his shows proved he didn't do any work himself anymore.

I had no idea.

• Like 2

Both ways we spent the night in Chattanooga.
Sheeesh! Everyone comes through here and never lets me know ahead of time.

Bruce

Gosh darn it Bruce!  I'm such an idiot.  The only person I could think of with a Tennessee connection was Richard.  I had PM'd him asking for bbq recomendations.  We ate at Shufords one night.  Friday the 27'th we went to several places looking to find a good meal but most were closed.

That's really ok, Carl. We had a  busy weekend working on a Filipino-American pageant and Christmas party coming up this weekend.

However, we would love to meet more folks from the forum, and still trying to work out time for the next Hope gathering.

Bruce

• Like 1

Morning gang...

2nd cup well under way.....

Just got back in from getting the grandkids on the bus.... cold and raining again.... but it looks like a good weekend ahead....will get all leaves finnished up...

Got a good bit of work at the shop today.....I should be leaving, but this 2nd cup is sooooo good I'm going to sit here and finnish it.....

OK...wishing all a great day......check-in later.....

MKP :-)

• Like 2

Morning gang

Woke up to 40 degrees, beats 27 , "27 is pushing Nippy".

Last week in NorCal we had/Have a slight food recall, veggies at 8 different stores, two we shop at,

Costco/Wally world. i told the wife to maybe look at the news last week and see just exactly "What" veggies

they were so she could avoid.

She said we do not partake in "Bagged Veggies", im cool with that.

Last night walking through the house, i let her know "Im out of cookies", she said, i

will take care of that, but for now "Have a piece Of Celery" :o

Of course she does NOT know of the fact the Recall, as of this morning, Now includes "Celery"  :ohmy::blink2:

Dam good thing i did NOT grab a Jar of JiFF and some Celery stalks last night :emotion-21:

I allmost did, but know peanut butter is NOT something you eat before going to bed.

Of course you just GOT to know im going to have fun with this senerio,

6Am, the morning of my Birthday, apply for SS.

6Pm, offered Celrey :ohmy::ph34r2:

Hump Day Eh?

The ONLY thing Humpin me is "The Grimm Reaper".

post-57941-0-74620000-1449065386_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5

Now that's not what I was thinking, I didn't care for Bob Vila, he is better at sales (himself) than woodworking, he sold out to Sears for years and his shows proved he didn't do any work himself anymore.

Forget Bob and give a nod to Norm Abram with New Yankee Workshop. That guy has seriously mad wood working skills. Then again, it helps when you have a shop with every tool known to man and a few I never knew existed.

Edited by Wardsweb
  • Like 4

good morning guys....been a while

We are officially in the new place...and well...it's small...lol

No pics yet...the wife refuses to store to memory our clutter and obvious over abundance of "stuff" right now...once cleared up and cleaned out I'll post some pics of the new abode.

One thing has become glaringly clear....there is no room for the majority of my gear...so I've started selling off....sold a KSW15 to a local forum member last night. Super nice guy but doesn't post much at all...but says he's lurks and reads a ton.

If you see this notruck...was great meeting you and seeing your gear. He has a really nice setup with (4) KLF10 (2)C-7's and now (2) KSW15's powered by a mint RX-V3000

Yard Sale this Saturday...what ever gear is left over after that I'm going to post up in the Garage Sale 

• Like 5

As promised, some photos from our hosts home, both are on the faculty of two very well known area colleges..

Here is the very luxurious table setting for 14 places.... In many years, the smallest gathering so far... Flower accents created by my sister as always....image_134.jpegHere, the wine table awaits....image_132.jpeganother view of the table.....and yes, that is Waterford crystal glassware, and Lenox plates...image_133.jpeg....closeup of my place setting...image_131.jpegCloseup of the fine wine available image_135.jpeg...the bird..image_136.jpeg...our dinner offering of roasted root veggies and freshly halved clementines image_137.jpeg...some of the guest's offerings...image_138.jpeg...my vegetarian dinner as plated.....image_139.jpeg....lastly, the dessert table....hope you enjoyed the 'tour'....image_140.jpeg

Can you see these Carl?

• Like 2

Forget Bob and give a nod to Norm Abram with New Yankee Workshop. That guy had seriously mad wood working skills. Then again, it helps when you have a shop with every tool known to man and a few I never knew existed.

Yep, of all of those TV wonder woodbutchers, Norm IS THE MAN.

• Like 3