Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Both ways we spent the night in Chattanooga.
Sheeesh! Everyone comes through here and never lets me know ahead of time.

Bruce

Gosh darn it Bruce!  I'm such an idiot.  The only person I could think of with a Tennessee connection was Richard.  I had PM'd him asking for bbq recomendations.  We ate at Shufords one night.  Friday the 27'th we went to several places looking to find a good meal but most were closed.

• Like 3

Happy late Tues morning gang. Checking in late. A buddy asked me to attend an early  breakfast meeting of some business folks with a motivational speaker. It did not work. I am not motivated. Crap.

Mark .. Happy Belated B-day. Sounds like fun and at least interesting;

Cold, cloudy day here in Colorado but no new snow. Gotta get our sunshine back or braggin' rights will go down the tubes.

Cheers, guys.

• Like 5

Good evening friends......

....Chuck, looks like a good find with those old components!  Hope they all work out..let us know..  

I played a newly acquired eBay purchase Saturday evening......an Elton John 8 track (Friends) which was never released on CD, but the sealed 8 track played nicely and brought back many memories from that 1974 release...   I will send a photo NEXT from the iPad, as it is not on this PC.....

Stand by...

.........Gary 

• Like 6

Hello and good evening Steve...........no, that would be THIS Sunday evening at a well known Polynesian restaurant...   This performance will be VERY unusual for us...

It will be the first time since the start of this band that I will be the ONLY keyboardist, and also without our percussionist who will be away..   Since I do not play piano, we have designed the setlist to NOT include any piano intros or other tunes featuring solo piano.  We still managed to come up with a 29 song set (2 hours +)

Ok, must upload some photos of the Thanksgiving dinner and such for the group....    ^_^

• Like 7

The BS pages remind me of a soap opera or Rush L... It seems the same every day and you come back after three or four months and feel like you haven't missed anything. :mellow:

Yes, that is interesting eh?

I kind of had that pegged from day one of the BS forum.

5K entrance fee, and ya got 10 people tops, to chat with, i dont care who ya are, that is some boaring BS.

• Like 5

As promised, some photos from our hosts home, both are on the faculty of two very well known area colleges..

Here is the very luxurious table setting for 14 places.... In many years, the smallest gathering so far... Flower accents created by my sister as always....image_134.jpegHere, the wine table awaits....image_132.jpeganother view of the table.....and yes, that is Waterford crystal glassware, and Lenox plates...image_133.jpeg....closeup of my place setting...image_131.jpegCloseup of the fine wine available image_135.jpeg...the bird..image_136.jpeg...our dinner offering of roasted root veggies and freshly halved clementines image_137.jpeg...some of the guest's offerings...image_138.jpeg...my vegetarian dinner as plated.....image_139.jpeg....lastly, the dessert table....hope you enjoyed the 'tour'....image_140.jpeg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 7

True,  But you only know the recently reconstituted BS section.  Marvel the same. The only reason it even exists is because of a much  longer history which was destroyed.  None of that matters to you .  There are a few to whom it does matter, but, WTF right?

Correct, None of it matters to me.

This "New" BS section looks and operates the same as the old, same subjects of the day, same Retoric.

The ONLY reason i know of is the old one was removed due to law action being threatened by someone who got upset.

As with any Cult, high membership fees = low membership.

No one i know of, even cares the BS forum Cult exists, you took yourselfs out before and likely do it again.

Klipsch, an Audio related Forum for those with the "Interest in Fine Audio"

That is why i came, and will stay.

Go argue among yourselfs, or are you getting tired of the other six people?

• Like 4

As promised, some photos from our hosts home, both are on the faculty of two very well known area colleges..

Here is the very luxurious table setting for 14 places.... In many years, the smallest gathering so far... Flower accents created by my sister as always....image_134.jpegHere, the wine table awaits....image_132.jpeganother view of the table.....and yes, that is Waterford crystal glassware, and Lenox plates...image_133.jpeg....closeup of my place setting...image_131.jpegCloseup of the fine wine available image_135.jpeg...the bird..image_136.jpeg...our dinner offering of roasted root veggies and freshly halved clementines image_137.jpeg...some of the guest's offerings...image_138.jpeg...my vegetarian dinner as plated.....image_139.jpeg....lastly, the dessert table....hope you enjoyed the 'tour'....image_140.jpeg

Ah, i see the Lodi wine, just down the road from me, farmer buds and myself shoot in their vineyards.

We shoot things that like to eat grape folidge, Grape farmer loves us and gives us wine.

• Like 6

Mark, you never fail to make me laugh  :lol: .......good to see you as always, comments and all  ;)

Trust me i know the label, and many, many more.

I cannot go to a Farm and not have these guys throwing something in my truck.

I recall when we moved from Sactown to the Burbs 20 miles east, our Apt storage locker had 20+ cases of wine.

poped a cork on a bottle from each case, Mold on the cork, purple fuzzy lookin stuff, chit, ok targets for Reno outing!

I have since, notified all farmers to turn their cases on their sides for storage.

• Like 7

• Moderators

Your becoming a regular Bob Vila, sorry bad choice of characters

I wish I had his wood working skills.  You're right though, I'm more the cartoon character type.

Now that's not what I was thinking, I didn't care for Bob Vila, he is better at sales (himself) than woodworking, he sold out to Sears for years and his shows proved he didn't do any work himself anymore.

• Like 4

The BS pages remind me of a soap opera or Rush L... It seems the same every day and you come back after three or four months and feel like you haven't missed anything. :mellow:

Bruce, closed minds generally remain unchanged.   Oh crap, now I’m going to hear it from them   :D

• Like 4

• Moderators

Very nice Gary, I know how much trouble you go through at home preparing and everything down to presentation so I know you really appreciate a gathering like that, you must have been in heaven.  Very Nice

• Like 5