Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gang, coffee is Starbucks Breakfast Blend.  Not to bad from the Keurig, of coarse I had use two cups and brew on the medium size cup setting.  Breakfast is maple and brown sugar oatmeal, you know the instant stuff.  Well not much on the board today, working/cleaning the garage, watching the Vikings take on the Pack. 

Got to go and see some cool gear yesterday, Frazier X-215-W, Altec voice of theater(the real deal), and  prototype of the earthquake that was made for the movie earthquake.  All in an old grain mill on the old Lincoln Highway, all so known as Highway 6, and Highway 30.   This is the oldest building on the highway dating back to the 1800's.  I wish I had taken some photos, I will once the gentleman who is turning it into an audio museum is finished.  Here is some info on the old Lincoln High Way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Highway

• Like 7

Morning gang, coffee is Starbucks Breakfast Blend.  Not to bad from the Keurig, of coarse I had use two cups and brew on the medium size cup setting.  Breakfast is maple and brown sugar oatmeal, you know the instant stuff.  Well not much on the board today, working/cleaning the garage, watching the Vikings take on the Pack. 

Got to go and see some cool gear yesterday, Frazier X-215-W, Altec voice of theater(the real deal), and  prototype of the earthquake that was made for the movie earthquake.  All in an old grain mill on the old Lincoln Highway, all so known as Highway 6, and Highway 30.   This is the oldest building on the highway dating back to the 1800's.  I wish I had taken some photos, I will once the gentleman who is turning it into an audio museum is finished.  Here is some info on the old Lincoln High Way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Highway

LMAO, Earthquake movie, i was in country Japan and saw this in their theater.

Not bad for the 70s really.

My formost memorable experience was in this Japanese theater,  the movie "Midway".....yeah, whole theather PACKED/sold out with the people of Japan.

Me/my shipmate sitting a FULL one head higher than anyone in the theater, were getting a little "Snear"/"Eye"  once in a wile.

I at the time, was on the Midway.

I do miss those days, Japan is really a pretty cool place, keep in mind there are still signs on a few businesses that state,

"No Round Eyes"

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

Morning/afternoon gang....

Just finished 2nd cup.....

Other than finishing up the audio rack clean up not much going on....was up till about 11:00 last night working on it......then we got a call from my wife's dad that mom had fell by the bed and could not get up.

We had to go up there to get mom up....we both had to pick mom up....it was like she had no strength to pick her self up...... man there getting old.....they really need help, but dad will not let any one come in the house to help....it's a matter of time cuz there is no way dad can keep this up....

On the way home the wife was up set.....we feel kinda helpless....

Anyway........

Mark....let me tell ya, we don't run out of coffee....ever.... The Boss is all over it. If it's less than two pounds in the stash she's on it... She has a deal worked out with the local DD manager..... When she goes to get coffee it's a 100 bones....

This is the Boss's coffee stash.... four accross.....four deep....and the one lone de-caf.....

Check in later...

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-28760000-1451845089_thumb.j

• Like 7

Morning/afternoon gang....

Just finished 2nd cup.....

Other than finishing up the audio rack clean up not much going on....was up till about 11:00 last night working on it......then we got a call from my wife's dad that mom had fell by the bed and could not get up.

We had to go up there to get mom up....we both had to pick mom up....it was like she had no strength to pick her self up...... man there getting old.....they really need help, but dad will not let any one come in the house to help....it's a matter of time cuz there is no way dad can keep this up....

On the way home the wife was up set.....we feel kinda helpless....

Anyway........

Mark....let me tell ya, we don't run out of coffee....ever.... The Boss is all over it. If it's less than two pounds in the stash she's on it... She has a deal worked out with the local DD manager..... When she goes to get coffee it's a 100 bones....

This is the Boss's coffee stash.... four accross.....four deep....and the one lone de-caf.....

Check in later...

Sorry to hear this Mark. We went through this with my Mom a few years ago. When my Dad said I'll take care of you till the day we die, he meant it. My Dad has 7 children trying to convince him to put her in a nursing home, he put her in one for a weekend, and said they weren't caring for her so he brought her back home. Looking back, I really admire what he did. She died in their home after a 16 year battle with Alzheimer's. 

• Like 6

Afternoon Gang---again

Was getting a nice lil Nap in, awake to Banging, more Banging, WTF?

Get my slippers on and hear the wife next door yelling at her young husband, FELL BETTER YET?

WELL ? GO AHEAD, HIT IT AGAIN, Wham/Bam, every "Hit" sounded a little different.

I look over the fence, guy is beating the Chit out his lawnmower w/5Lb sledge :o :o

Ah, The Burbs

Hummm, Hot Choclate....hummm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frgENbP1lYY

Some clown in Sacramento was dragged into court

He shot his lawnmower, it disobeyed, it wouldn't start

Might makes right, it's the American way

They fined him $60 and sent him on his way

You know some people

Don't take no shit

Maybe if they did

They'd have half a brain left

You know some people

Don't take no shit

Maybe if they did

• Like 5

Good afternoon everyone...

Mark, looks like you are able to get back into your regular eating sched.  I wouldn't have rushed into it so quickly...but, that is just me...

MPK, sorry to learn about your mom!, also, nice photo of the coffee stash.  I have a bag of the D&D Dark Roast at work ALWAYS  ready for making it at my work bench  :) AND........great choice of sugar there, it is all we ever have on hand here in the galley  :emotion-21:

Ok, one more nosh party here tonight at 6pm.  We invited our NEWEST neighbors over.  Should be a good time, been here a year this month, yet, only met them this fall...   They will get a tour of Music Hall, the studio and Longfellow Theater...  

The boyfriend is a drummer from the 70ies and is a friend of Eric Clapton!!!!   He actually has a Clapton Strat which Eric gave to him!   We wants to have a jam this coming summer with some guitar buddies, and me on Hammond Organ...   This will shake up this quiet, gated neighborhood for sure  :emotion-29:  :emotion-21:  :wacko2:

All for now.......enjoy your day my friends.

................g

• Like 8

Afternoon Gang---again

Was getting a nice lil Nap in, awake to Banging, more Banging, WTF?

Get my slippers on and hear the wife next door yelling at her young husband, FELL BETTER YET?

WELL ? GO AHEAD, HIT IT AGAIN, Wham/Bam, every "Hit" sounded a little different.

I look over the fence, guy is beating the Chit out his lawnmower w/5Lb sledge :o :o

Ah, The Burbs

Hummm, Hot Choclate....hummm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frgENbP1lYY

Some clown in Sacramento was dragged into court

He shot his lawnmower, it disobeyed, it wouldn't start

Might makes right, it's the American way

They fined him $60 and sent him on his way

You know some people

Don't take no shit

Maybe if they did

You know some people

Don't take no shit

Maybe if they did

Yeah, i figured this was "Normal" life in the Burbs.

Im pretty spoiled, im able to throw a gun or two in the truck and be shooting something within the hour.

Reminds me to put some more "Tannerite" on my shopping list, the farmers love that chit. 

• Like 4

Good afternoon everyone...

Mark, looks like you are able to get back into your regular eating sched.  I wouldn't have rushed into it so quickly...but, that is just me...

MPK, sorry to learn about your mom!, also, nice photo of the coffee stash.  I have a bag of the D&D Dark Roast at work ALWAYS  ready for making it at my work bench  :) AND........great choice of sugar there, it is all we ever have on hand here in the galley  :emotion-21:

Ok, one more nosh party here tonight at 6pm.  We invited our NEWEST neighbors over.  Should be a good time, been here a year this month, yet, only met them this fall...   They will get a tour of Music Hall, the studio and Longfellow Theater...  

The boyfriend is a drummer from the 70ies and is a friend of Eric Clapton!!!!   He actually has a Clapton Strat which Eric gave to him!   We wants to have a jam this coming summer with some guitar buddies, and me on Hammond Organ...   This will shake up this quiet, gated neighborhood for sure  :emotion-29:  :emotion-21:  :wacko2:

All for now.......enjoy your day my friends.

................g

Well i did not expect to be back in the grove too quickly myself, im thinkin it was that Pickle that cured all.

• Like 5

then we got a call from my wife's dad that mom had fell by the bed and could not get up. We had to go up there to get mom up....we both had to pick mom up....it was like she had no strength to pick her self up...... man there getting old.....they really need help, but dad will not let any one come in the house to help....it's a matter of time cuz there is no way dad can keep this up.... On the way home the wife was up set.....we feel kinda helpless....

Sorry to hear about your MOM

• Like 3

Afternoon gang

Uo from Nap and off to Pub.

Appt, and Dam sure a "C" note for the "SalsaKing".

Got a farm care package i will be delivering monday :emotion-21:

Get to sample everything this "SalsaKing" makes today.

He sets up @ the Pub for the Games, as well as "The Dog Master" and his trusty cart.

post-57941-0-37080000-1451855021_thumb.j

• Like 4

Afternoon again...

"OK" I'm done as done can be with cleaning of the audio table/rack and find a home for the new KLF-C7.

This is the best I can do for now...I'll build a shelf for speaker but it's not gonna happen this week.

Here is a before and after pic of my efforts....

That turned out awesome

• Like 7

Anyway........

Check in later...

GUILTY...

However I was not prepared for the broken friggin coffee pot. When Mark said we will stop for coffee on the way to work, I said I am going to the store NOW...show stopper...

We have shopped for coffee pots for years. Just like toasters. You find one you like but the reviews are bad. Sometimes I think people just want to b!tch, but sometimes the bad reviews are right. Every coffee pot we have gotten over the last 20 years has cost more than $150. None have lasted more than a couple years.

This time I win. Got a Mr coffee basic 12 cup pot for $15. DONE. maybe I will buy another one for a back-up. Maybe another grinder too. Self insurance ;)

Did MKP :-) ever tell you that he did not drink coffee before hooking up with me? Lol

• Like 6

Afternoon gang,

Mkp sorry to hear about your mom. The center channel looks great.

I thought i would share some pics of the new work station along with a project.

509a1a36c953cbd4636ec7d2f61fd267.jpg

e909b4b1588568def882f99edddd4c6f.jpg

90bc53b681acaef028066e544138e314.jpg

Cleaned up for the wife to park in the garage.

6669949791128da44e0e3880be24c816.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Afternoon all. Different sort of a day ... visited 2 friends in 2 different hospitals. It's good to do stuff like that but ya hate to see people hurting. On the other hand, we're home now and we did what we could.  Prayers for our friends.

MKP ... sorry about your mom. Mine went through the same thing a few years ago. You're doing what you can.

Later folks ................

• Like 6