Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Steve_S said:

No I'm not talking about the new software....For me this started when Minemark left....I loved reading his posts....jacksonbart...absolutely enjoyed your pop in comments "Thats how I knew him" as I was a late comer here....Tarheel, dude you are missed too...

True there are many over the years, people get busy, have life changes, burn out, buy bose :o, well things move on for everyone sooner or later. Even if it's just being happy with what they have and just listening to music and movies and not joining in as much or at all.

Over the last 13 years I have seen many extremely funny/crazy/smart people come and go, along with a few who were not nice or funny which caused a few others to move on. Part of the reason we try and not let that happen, we don't want to see people go.

But there is a good group here and new people all the time joining, it helps when members are able to get together in person, as hard is that do do for everyone.

I can say is seems every year during the summer people tend to get out more and are busier, and things tend to slow down a little around here.......or it just seems like it to me ? Kind of like us, we have been away from home alot between visiting friends and Rodneys last year. We were in Hope last year for at least 8-10 weeks and going back for over a week to help Klipsch and the support the startup of the PWK museum at the Watermelon festival in Hope. With any luck I can bring back some pictures.

Sorry for going on and on but I hate to see people move on also.

• Like 9

I agree with Dtel's assessment. I joined here in December of 2003. Over the years my participation has varied, depending on what was going on in my life. I'm sure it is the same with many others. Then there is always the blow ups and hurt feelings that happen on any forum with more than one person. Some leave forever and others come back, after some time.

• Like 5

Haven't gone anywhere just up to my eyeballs with a major renovation project at LF's new place.  That is now winding down so I will be here more to rag Carl about his vodka slurpies if nothing else:P 

Had a bottle of Scotch called Monkey Shoulder....a blend around $32.  Not bad.

Back to work.....

• Like 5

Morning gang...

Coffee going down nice.... 2nd cup under way....

Will be working on my youngest daughters 99 Honda Civic today... putting on a new set of tires and some new headlights. The old headlights are so yellow and cloudy it's hard to see at night. Over the years I have reconditioned them three times... It's just time for a new set... We got this Civic from one of our customers a few years back. I've been working on this car since it had approx 75K on it. It's now got something like 326K.... Original engine and transmission and it's rust free. Several months before our customers sold us the Civic they put on a new set of Michelin tires on it. So it was a no brainer when they asked us if we wanted the car. It really had no trade value, but I knew this car inside and out.... and they didn't want money$$$ they wanted shop credit.... Yup was a good deal.... and I also really think they enjoy knowing there Civic went to my daughter. 

Yea.... the forum thing..... I HATE change.... it gets me all worked up, I wish things just stayed the same (that's not a dig at the new forum)..... Just things in life.... Years ago when cars were changing from carburetor to fuel injection.... I was all twisted up..... what kind of BS is this crapp.... Now some thirty years later it's the norm...

If there's one thing that stays the same is...... "Everything changes".....

OK... that's all from me for now....gotta roll.... a good day to all...

MKP :-)

Yea I also miss BigStewMan:( 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

That is now winding down so I will be here more to rag Carl about his vodka slurpies if nothing else:P 

If that helps you get through the day then I'll happily listen.

They'll be flowing in Destin starting tomorrow night!

• Like 4

Happy Friday, guys. Grass cutting day. That's as exciting as it gets for this old fart today. Will probably continue to polish up a couple old Jackie Wilson songs on the B-3 too. Good stuff.

Yeah ..people come and go. I dropped off for a while when I had health issues a little while back. Chuck and Mark (Tarheel/MKP) were good friends to me and made sure I was ok. I'm grateful to them. You really can make friends here and friendship is something we should hold onto.

Have a good day everyone.

Chuck

• Like 6

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Yea I also miss BigStewMan:( 

Me to, I hope he is OK, is he just busy, working or traveling ? so much for paying attention..........

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

They'll be flowing in Destin starting tomorrow night!

Have a good time and be careful, my favorite time out on the beach is late at night when it much less crowded and I can try to get some pic's.

panama_city_10-97.JPG

panama_city_08-199.jpg

panama_city_08-64.jpg

• Like 8

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:56 PM, richieb said:

Yes, very lucky to find someone both compassionate And trustworthy these days. We brought my mom to our house after she had a couple falls at her house, she was 86. My wife and were still working so we brought in someone to watch her during the day. Not only did she watch her but also helped herself to our belongings. I at least had the foresight to install a lock a bedroom where valuable info, banking, checks, etc. were kept. After telling the agency she wasn't to return one thing led to another with me refusing to pay a months worth of invoices. After explaing why to the "unknowing" COO of the company and being threatened with letters that would direct the issue to bill collectors and their attorneys, they were informed that both a civil and criminal lawsuit was in their future as a close family member is a lawyer in a well known firm in the city. The letters and actions ceased and the billing was dropped.

Had no choice but to put Mom in a nice home where she passed a few months later. I still blame myself for that decision at what I believe was the cause for her give up. It ain't easy.

Always easy to second guess decisions that are difficult to make in the first place. Near 20 years later, I still reflect at times to decisions I have made or let other family members make regarding my mother's care. Sometimes it is not easy. Thanks for the sharing...:)

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

. I still blame myself for that decision at what I believe was the cause for her give up. It ain't easy.

^^^^ actually I wanted to quote Mark^^^^

Don't beat yourself up with "what ifs" Mark.  If it wasn't that it would have been something else.  Sleep well knowing every decision you made was in her best interest.  Every decision you made was from your heart.  Stop second guessing yourself, it'll drive you crazy and you don't deserve it.

• Like 4

• Moderators
7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

^^^^ actually I wanted to quote Mark^^^^

Don't beat yourself up with "what ifs" Mark.  If it wasn't that it would have been something else.  Sleep well knowing every decision you made was in her best interest.  Every decision you made was from your heart.  Stop second guessing yourself, it'll drive you crazy and you don't deserve it.

Very true, he's right, all decisions at these times are not easy even if you know it's best. Sometimes there are no perfect answers and you just have to do whatever's best overall, no reason to feel as what was said is true . " I believe was the cause for her give up "  She had many more years of living than you, she knew what was going on and I would bet she would not be happy knowing that you thought that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Me to, I hope he is OK, is he just busy, working or traveling ? so much for paying attention..........

Have a good time and be careful, my favorite time out on the beach is late at night when it much less crowded and I can try to get some pic's.

panama_city_08-199.jpg

The sea turtles will play hell getting past that row of chaise lounges. :)

• Like 3

Good evening everyone................it is LATE here in the east (12:30AM!)    Olympic flame has JUST been illuminated !!  

Thanks Chuck for dropping by RTM tonight! (Friday), we had a blast playing our new Bruce Hornsby LP on BLUE vinyl...  Me in the east, Mossy on the Pacific North coast!

Saturday, I will be headed for Rhode Island to Pezz's home for our M.A.D. (Music Appreciation Day) listening to all formats of audio via his very nice audio setup.  I will be posting from there, so keep tuned for that...

Time for bed.......see you then..

...........Gary

• Like 3

18 hours ago, billybob said:

I still blame myself for that decision

Forgive yourself for whatever decisions you had to make. I leaned that here at this forum and its really true. Not always easy coming into this world and its not always easy to leave it either. Thats just the way it is regardless of any decisions we make.

• Like 5