Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

A white Rabbit or some white rino?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

i think the white rabbit has some white rhino or probably knows where to get some.  wait! is The Dude in the White Rabbit’s rolodex?  (Don’t answer that on a public forum).

• Like 4

13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

A White Rabbit told me that I could get a cup of coffee here. Is that true?

Ahhhh..... There's my man ;).... Good to hear from ya.....

Morning all..... man what a week, crazy busy at the shop and the heat was back. Gonna be in the upper 90's all weekend with a heat index in the 100's. Will be staying inside doing some stuff around the house. The BOSS and I got the home office all fixed up and we are now working on all of our media. All of our CD's and movies were shoved in this old book shelf hutch thing...it was a mess. Mucking through the KAOS I found some old treasures that were long forgotten about. Old VHS tapes of the kids and just other junk that needs to trashed.....It's crazy how much "stuff" we hold on to....I hate just trowing stuff away... I like to find a new home for for things.... Like the stacks of all the VHS Movies:huh:....

last weekend we went to Ikea and got two new book shelves with glass doors. I built them last night, they look really nice. I'll load some pics when were all done with the new look.

Got a buddy coming over this afternoon....Tyler.... he's a young guy that rolled up to the shop many many years ago in his Acura GSR Integra. He did some engine work and it wasn't running right. I got it all fixed up for him and we have been friends since then. His mom and dad came to the shop one afternoon and asked me if they paid me would I let there son work at the shop... lol lol... They told me all he talks about is me and my shop. I was really flattered.... I declined there offer and they understood. 

One year Tyler's dad was killed in a work accident. He was a stone mason.... He was working at the college just in town building a arch. he was cutting stone when the saw kicked back. The saw hit him in the neck..... really bad stuff... Tyler was crushed..... I tried to be there as much as I could for him.... Over the years we have been very close.... But life gets in the way of alot of things.... I haven't seen him several months... We text every few weeks.... Last week he told me he wasn't doing very good and wouldn't tell me why.... So last night I called him and told him to get his A$$ over to the house to chill with the "old folk" for awhile.... he was really happy to hear from me... You could just tell in his voice...

OK..... coffee all done..... just waiting on my buddy...... a good weekend to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 7

What up Steve!  Great to hear from you/

We decided to come home a day early as our route home goes right through the flooding in Louisiana.  I'm glad we did as I've heard that some roads were closed and flooded.  I wouldn't have wanted to get caught in that mess.  As it was we drove through what seemed to be hurricane type rain for several hours but no road closings or accidents.  We figured Saturday would have the same rain, more traffic and higher water so we high tailed it home.  Glad to be here.

• Like 5

Good afternoon my friends............well, nice friendship story there MKP !   

...and I do hope that OT gets things back to normalcy soon!   I drive by an number of 'hip roofed'  homes every day to and from work, and that 3" EMT pipe is the only way power gets down to the meter.   I have seen a bent up one before and always wondered how THAT happened! :o

Anyway, our band played an outdoor show today and it was BRUTAL !!   Only in the mid 90ies, but the humid stuff about killed us!!  We finished the two hour show without incident, but I felt weak and such during my load out afterward.   Shower a second time as soon as I got home and just chillin' with the central ac right now...

Dinner soon, then some music and friendship per normal over in RTM this evening.........dropping by Chuck?  I was thinking of firing up the magnetics tonight along with some brand new vinyl :emotion-21:

I will have a freshly opened bottle of RED vino going......should be a nice evening...

I hope Steve will come by as well...........we could always use some Brian May ;) !

More soon....   Enjoy the day everyone...

................Gary

• Like 6

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Steve,

I thought of you when I recently got together with my nephew from Grand Haven.  He's 33 and just made CPO in USCG.  

Glad to hear you gave yourself a raise.  Good luck with the tooth.

congrats to your nephew--he’s stationed in Grand Haven?  Nice little town--i really enjoyed my time there.  it was culture shock moving there from Los Angeles; but, it really grew on me.

Thanks for the well wishes about the tooth; hopefully the dentist will fix me up. As usual, i’m having pre-trip stress.  EVERYTIME, days before i make a trip, i encounter sick people.  I was just at the auto club taking care of some insurance matters and the nice lady that helped me may have been named Typhoid Mary.  She politely refused to shake hands saying, “i have a horrible cold.” I thought that was nice; but, she’s handling paperwork.  And i thought all i had to worry about was the nail stuck in my car tire (i’m getting it fixed on Monday).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

he’s stationed in Grand Haven?

He grew up in Grand Haven.  He's been stationed in Ludington, MI.  He's currently stationed in Cape May, NJ, but he'll be relocating again soon, perhaps back to The Great Lakes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

He grew up in Grand Haven.  He's been stationed in Ludington, MI.  He's currently stationed in Cape May, NJ, but he'll be relocating again soon, perhaps back to The Great Lakes.

i was in grand haven and Cheboygan (was on the original Mackinaw back in the late 70s. But spent a lot of time up in the Soo during the winter).

• Like 2

Simply BEAUTIFUL Chuck!!  :)  Can't wait to see the finished work!    

OK, here is what is going on in MusicHall tonight and over in RTM................Dug up an eBay winning on reel to reel, some great Burt B. compositions :emotion-21:

And, for the first time enjoying a stemless wine glass of Grand Marnier I found in our liquor storage in the house!

Enjoy your evening my friends...........I sure am..............but I don't dare step outside.........steam HEAT out there tonight, and after our show today in that weather, I am happy to be inside :biggrin:IMG_9545.jpg

• Like 4