Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Monday and back at work after a week off.

Ugh.

On the bright side, I'm glad we left Destin a day early.  If we left on Saturday as originally planned, we would have been stuck in traffic for hours or gotten detoured a couple hundred miles out of the way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Dadgum.  I wish they were all buried but I guess that must cost too much.

The trend is toward buried.  My brother lived in Carmel, IN in a neighborhood with underground utilities.  They seemed to be more prone to lightning strikes than the ugly old fashioned poles and wires.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

The trend is toward buried.  My brother lived in Carmel, IN in a neighborhood with underground utilities.  They seemed to be more prone to lightning strikes than the ugly old fashioned poles and wires.

If you hit an underground power line with a hand post hole digger, you can actually light up the hole.:blink:  The hole the power company digs to repair it is MUCH bigger than the post hole you dug also.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If you hit an underground power line with a hand post hole digger, you can actually light up the hole.:blink:  The hole the power company digs to repair it is MUCH bigger than the post hole you dug also.

Carl,

I assume you heard about his from someone who failed to call Miss Dig.;)

• Like 1

Morning boys, lots of rain around me but none at my house in a coupla few months. Us boys are trying to get out of the bachelor mode as the women folk come home Thursday. Oh, after changing out my truck's stereo twice for the random time reset thing I found that I was getting some weird time sync from an unknown source. Would have been easier to troubleshoot if it had been 1:00 off but the 1:12 - 1:05 had me stumped. On a lark I turned off auto update and it's been good for a week or so.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Now if your house will just behave for a while you'll have it made

House A/C trouble call made July 10th. Tech found leaking evap coil on July 11th. Tech claimed unable to get thru to warranty for authorization as he was put on hold for hours at a time. Many, MANY phones calls to AHS didn't resolve issue, started posting on their FB page everyday (those posts are removed), filed with BBB on Aug 5th. AHS called on Aug 8th and said repair authorized, still awaiting part and install. It's been so long now that Freon has leaked back down and it has stopped cooling again.

• Like 2

Seems that they only care about their BBB rating if that's what you had to do to spur action.   AHS had 6,858 BBB complaints in the last 3 years.  2881 complaints in the last 12 months yet they have stellar reviews.  If you look at the numbers, they had about 8 BBB complaints every one of the 365 days of the last calendar year.  They probably have a crew working 24/7 on their on line reputation.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Afternoon all....

Yea it's a HOT one again this afternoon...

My Korean buddy stopped in this morning....did a quick cash job on his old 96 Accord Wagon...

He hooked me up with a little snack.... a Dragon fruit:P....really good...

Later....

MKP :-)

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20160816_125019.jpg

IMG_20160816_125057-1.jpg

Wow - that is a wicked looking piece of fruit. I'd eat it quickly before it eats you ---

• Like 5