Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

19 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Evening all,

So The BOSS and I are knee deep in the meada muck-out.....

Found these in The Stones "Made in the Shade" CD case....  The BOSS got us tickets for the show long long before she was my BOSS;)

MKP :-)

IMG_20160813_214122-1.jpg

1994? What? I saw them at their “farewell” tour in 1982!  (oh yeah, one of the opening acts was booed off the stage during his third song--don’t feel bad, the guy named Prince went on to do very well for himself in the industry).  Other opening acts were J. Geils and George Thorogood. Saw them in Los Angeles at the coliseum.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Amazing story Steve!   It is so interesting how certain musicians are 'turned down', then later become ICONS !

After Prince’s death, i was listening to a sport’s talk show on the radio. The host, a guy named John Ireland, was telling a story about seeing Prince live. Like me, John was just a young man at that time--not on the radio or television like he is now. So, he’s telling the radio audience this story and he tells the SAME story that i just told you!  For all i know, we were standing next to each other.  

funny ending to that day--a VW beetle was parked blocking the exit from the parking lot.  Back in 1982, we had to pay $20 to park at this gas station. The owner closed his station for business and packed the lot with cars instead of selling gas.  So, about 12 of us are upset at this VW, so we pick it up and start moving it.  LAPD drives by and stops. The cop rolls down the window and says, “just don’t leave it in traffic.” then he drives off. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, richieb said:

How 'bout this - saw the Grateful Dead/Iron Butterfly I'd guess somewhere around 1968-70, Municipal Auditorium, KC. 

Oh, the Dead were the front band, Butterfly headlined the show! 

big fan of Iron Butterfly here--if you offered me tickets to both and made me choose one -- i’d pick Iron Butterfly.  In A Gadda Da Vida Baby!  

How loud was it?  Brian May of Queen said that Iron Butterfly was known for being one of the loudest bands at the time...and they had these things called horns and bass bins.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

big fan of Iron Butterfly here--if you offered me tickets to both and made me choose one -- i’d pick Iron Butterfly.  In A Gadda Da Vida Baby!  

How loud was it?  Brian May of Queen said that Iron Butterfly was known for being one of the loudest bands at the time...and they had these things called horns and bass bins.

Huh ----- ------ -- --

• Like 2

Good morning friends :emotion-44:      VERY nice improvement there MKP.   I need to do the same thing!   My CD's are double stacked and crooked like yours were!

Breakfast time here in the east.....  :biggrin:     Time to start the coffee :emotion-44:

• Like 5

12 hours ago, richieb said:

How 'bout this - saw the Grateful Dead/Iron Butterfly I'd guess somewhere around 1968-70, Municipal Auditorium, KC. 

Oh, the Dead were the front band, Butterfly headlined the show! 

Here's another one .... I was about 15 and had a date I wanted to impress so I got tickets to see Herman's Hermits. There was a relatively unknown group opening the show called 'The Who.'

Enjoy your Sunday folks.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ChuckAb3 said:

Here's another one .... I was about 15 and had a date I wanted to impress so I got tickets to see Herman's Hermits. There was a relatively unknown group opening the show called 'The Who.'

Enjoy your Sunday folks.

Well Chuck I hate to outdo you but I think I've gotcha'  --

in 1967 The Who played in KC at a local suburban High School that I attended for a year - Shawnee Mission South HS

opened for - get this - The Buckinghams 

That's probably my best piece of rock trivia that even long time KCitizens no nothing about 

Well, I did have the honor to see Hendrix very early in his career at KC Municipal Auditorium - tickets were $5 bucks and I was only 15 so my Dad drove me and a couple buddies to the show

• Like 6

15 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

In A Gadda Da Vida........ That brings back memories..... (not that I saw them)... We used to go over this woman's house when we were teenagers.

She was the older sister of my friends girlfriend.... anyway, she would always have parties... (acid parties) it was always nuts there.... everyone would be tripping..... 

The smell of incense and In A Godda Da Vida playing over and over....... man it was great:D

MKP :-)

• Like 6

The rest of the story....It was a fed ex truck that took a wrong turn into the neighborhood.  It snagged a power line and kept going until it dragged down a neighborhood's worth of poles and power lines, causing blown transformers and shattered poles and power outages on one of the hottest days of the year.  There is a police report of the incident, and now I have to deal with fed ex to get reimbursed for all of the repairs.  On the bright side I did get the roof repaired before it rained.  Our municipal utility did a stellar job getting everything back up, and right now I am out lots of hundreds of dollars until there is justice from fed ex.

• Like 4