Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I've never seen that either.  I've seen clutches come apart and compressors lock up and burn belts off but never one blow up.  Be sure to take a picture when you have it off!

I've been by a vehicle when the battery blew up, that's a loud one as well.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, minermark said:

Coffee, Shop, rest, Nap........Repeat.

This really sucs, found killer deal on Generator, Telescope, waiting for the wife

to get up and Chew my azz. YOU SHOULD BE IN BED!!

Don't strain yourself, not worth it.

Sorry i have not been around much, lots of work and tight deadlines.

I'll be back.

• Like 7

Morning all (barely)... Was in Atlanta yesterday for the wife's Naturalization ceremony at the Atlanta USCIS. For all of our troubles here, I always find it amazing the varied folks who still wish to become U.S. citizens. The were 130+ at this ceremony, representing over 60 countries. We've had two other friends participate over the past couple of weeks, with the same kind of numbers. For us, it is a day to remember and celebrate.

Bruce

Carna_US Citizenship Ceremony_sm.jpg

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Morning all (barely)... Was in Atlanta yesterday for the wife's Naturalization ceremony at the Atlanta USCIS. For all of our troubles here, I always find it amazing the varied folks who still which to be U.S. citizens. The were 130+ at this ceremony, representing over 60 countries. We've had two other friends participate over the past couple of weeks, with the same kind of numbers. For us, it is a day to remember and celebrate.

Bruce

Congrats!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, minermark said:

Coffee, Shop, rest, Nap........Repeat.

This really sucs, found killer deal on Generator, Telescope, waiting for the wife

to get up and Chew my azz. YOU SHOULD BE IN BED!!

I've been guilty of doing too much after surgeries in the past and ended up paying for it with extra pain, longer recuperation times or both.

• Like 3

Please congratulate the wife again Marvel...:)

Take them easy Mark...B)

MKP...When we took in the Nancy's Volvo to have clutch pulley reshimmed or replaced per condition, mechanic found one compressor bolt missing and others loose. Tightened the compressor and found a bolt and conducted test. Not expensive but could have come loose eventually and no telling what damage could have occurred to compressor and radiator, etc. Guess when other shop replaced motor last year, they neglected to tighten bolts. Anyway,

still have problem and need original work done imo as seems it is a common Volvo issue. I should have asked about the serpentine, pulley noise probly caused by loose compressor bolts soon after motor replaced.

Often wondered about compressor blowup. Now I know and will show her your pics of it...thanks...:o

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

Morning all (barely)... Was in Atlanta yesterday for the wife's Naturalization ceremony at the Atlanta USCIS. For all of our troubles here, I always find it amazing the varied folks who still wish to become U.S. citizens. The were 130+ at this ceremony, representing over 60 countries. We've had two other friends participate over the past couple of weeks, with the same kind of numbers. For us, it is a day to remember and celebrate.

Bruce

Congratulations! How long did it take, I mean the whole process? By the time my wife's ceremony came I was so sick of the US gov. B.S. I did not go. Seven freaking years, had to contact my Congressman 4 times, went to secret unknown doors at INS offices to get fingerprinted. Had to provide literally 10 pounds of papers showing joint bank accounts, investment accounts, home ownership papers, marriage certificates ad naseum......oh and had to provide these more than once because...... wait for it...... "we lost them". What a joke.

• Like 2

Good morning all!  (At least it's still morning in Alaska!)  So - coffee is still flowing - cup two. 

Mark - I love the fifth wheel!  I'm sure you're enjoying it.  Since you're going to be doing sound upgrades, I thought I'd attach a pic of an extra generator that you might consider.  I'm sure you could tow it behind the fifth wheel and since Klipsch are such efficient speakers, the 25kW generator should just meet your needs.  Hope this helps!  Cheers all!

25kW gen.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, babadono said:

How long did it take, I mean the whole process?

We filed the paperwork (N-400) application on March 16, 2016. She arrived here on July 10, 2010, married Sept. 25, 2010 (to comply with the fiancee visa requirement of getting married within 3 month. She got her regular Permanent resident card (green card) later, and we've just not spent the money to apply for her naturalization ($685). We could have applied after three years of her having green card.To be fair, all the fees and costs are born by the applicant and not the general US population.

I certainly get the frustration. Did you do all the paperwork yourself, or have an attorney/agency do it for you? My wife went through both a civil and church annulment process in the Philippines (husband was unfaithful and she was the total breadwinner in the family). That took some time, as the processes weren't concurrent. 

USCIS process was a little sluggish. We did have to make a trip back to Atlanta for an interview that we didn't really think should have been necessary.

Bruce

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I've been guilty of doing too much after surgeries in the past and ended up paying for it with extra pain, longer recuperation times or both.

Yes, well i agree NOW!

Pain of healing has kicked in.

Came out to the Cave to check emails.

Think im going to take those pain meds afterall.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, akdave said:

Good morning all!  (At least it's still morning in Alaska!)  So - coffee is still flowing - cup two. 

Mark - I love the fifth wheel!  I'm sure you're enjoying it.  Since you're going to be doing sound upgrades, I thought I'd attach a pic of an extra generator that you might consider.  I'm sure you could tow it behind the fifth wheel and since Klipsch are such efficient speakers, the 25kW generator should just meet your needs.  Hope this helps!  Cheers all!

25kW gen.jpg

Funny you should mention towing, when we picked up the 5th wheel in Flagstaff last sunday, the first thing i noticed was a class3 slide-in hitch on the trailer bumper.

Arz/Nevada leagle to tow two.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, minermark said:

Yes, well i agree NOW!

Pain of healing has kicked in.

Came out to the Cave to check emails.

Think im going to take those pain meds afterall.

Depending on the surgery site, the Dr's can inject a long acting pain killer in the surgery site that can last up to 24 hrs.  If you do too much during that time because you're relatively pain free, you'll pay dearly when it wears off.  Been there, done that.  It's not fun. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Be careful sir :)  Generators are off limits for now. Hopefully, you will have someone else do it ?

Have a good day.

You were indeed correct, wife hears me making Craig's list deals and rarely tells me i cannot do something,

She just say's you aint doing nothing.......appears she is correct.

I will eat my health food, (Haagen-Dazs) and a pill or two, im down for the count.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Depending on the surgery site, the Dr's can inject a long acting pain killer in the surgery site that can last up to 24 hrs.  If you do too much during that time because you're relatively pain free, you'll pay dearly when it wears off.  Been there, done that.  It's not fun. 

I think you are correct, for the last 20+ hours iv been pretty much ok to walk around, NOW not so much.

Done with icecream, going for pill.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, minermark said:

Funny you should mention towing, when we picked up the 5th wheel in Flagstaff last sunday, the first thing i noticed was a class3 slide-in hitch on the trailer bumper.

Arz/Nevada leagle to tow two.

Your answer is right there Mark. Buy a second trailer to tow behind the first and make it a Klipsch HiFi Salon. Two corners for KHorns and two for LS.  Sound treat the whole wagon, couple comfy chairs a real home away from home, everybody's happy. I can just see the see the sides of that aluminum can on wheels bulging in and out with Klipsch sound pressure. You are an inventive guy - Do It!

• Like 2