Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

17 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

This video gives a good explanation of the fork:

It’s stiffer and stronger than any traditional fork.  The steering wheel is centered with the head tube.  The fork sits to the side.

Reminds me of the inverted tube bilstein shocks on my old Volvo.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

My town isn’t.

42FD6FF5-AC13-4F58-9120-EDD233DE8EA2.thumb.jpeg.eb5c8f4d352ce6757b7238d4cb8af5b8.jpeg

that reminds me of the hill from Lihue to Nawiliwili on Kauai. Going down was easy, but dangerous. Passing cars and hoping a wheel doesn't disassemble.  Going up...you could make it, if you didn't look to see how much further it was too the top. I had a 10ft fishing pole strapped to it, too. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lil road trip to see my eye Mama @ the OSU eye clinic today.  She's loadin up the old eyeballs and eliminating some floaters.  Good way to waste a day until I got a phone call for ribs @ a Cinco de Mayo party.  Pretty darn good eating.  I would have hung out a while longer had I not gotten totally lost after a bunch of detours due to construction. About enough running for one day but the ribs were great!  

I'm laffin at everyone buying up Aerosmith tickets for Columbus.  No way.  The stop before the last one on the tour?  EVERYthing is gonna be shredded and they'll limp thru the rest of the tour.  Gonna sound like garbage I'm sure.  Everyone is complaining about prices and the fees Ticketmaster is now charging.  Funny.  Gonna be one last wallet rape for the boys.  Maybe.  lol  

20230505-145618.jpg

I loved to ride back in the day @grasshopper.  Hit three hills in a row up in Northern Michigan once.  Darned near killed me going up but the ride going down the other side was great.  I saw the first one coming and thought yea I can but after that?  Got to the top and there was another one, then repeat ONE more time. 

THAT was about the roughest haul I ever made.  Rode 42 miles to Traverse City for ice cream then 42 back to the camp site.  Once was enough.  

1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

I guess that is fusion cuisine

Actually sounds pretty good.  :)

• Like 3

@MicroMara wise beyond your years brother.  :)

Had to have a lil chat w/a local auctioneer this morning.  Since I'm outta room I saw 6 old "Peaches" wooden album crates from the early 70's full or partially full.  So I'm thinking buy them cheap, dump the vinyl I didn't want and use the crates for some of my stuff. 

Yup, the guy was a full blown Harley dude and had his system somewhere.  I eyeballed the terrible picture and "SHE" had Audio Technica listed.  I couldn't see what the speakers were from the photo. 

Sooo, I buy one partial crate of some old country in it for 29$.  The other 5 crates sold to some guy in Florida for 180 and up.  Yes it's crazy here too.  Few photos to eyeball so naturally I just blew that off and bought the cheapest one for the crate.  Today I picked it up w/an almost new Cuisinart air fryer I snagged for 60$.  Yay me right?  WRONG! 

20230506-102729-1.jpg

Lil pair of R-15M, center, sub & speakers went for 160.  Prolly a good thing I didn't buy them.  I'm sooo outta room. :)    Now I'm thinkin bacon in the morning.  Gotta stay positive.  😂    :) 

@grasshopperthe ribs were great along w/a couple containers of butt he had on a smoker.  Think I'll road test the air fryer w/the pork in a bit maybe.  May as well slime that oven up a bit.  Fusion cuisine huh?    :)   70's today and that's the REST of the story!  

• Like 3

On 5/1/2023 at 11:23 AM, geezin' said:

Tune that thing. The ECM is prohibited from moving more than a couple percent from OEM EPA settings regardless. It cannot make up for a straight pipe.

Tune performed today. Custom file from DNK Tuneworks in MD. Overall improvements. Pulls like a freight train.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

Shall we say "OWNED" @MicroMara?   😂  😂

I kinda feel badly.  He's not here to defend himself.  Well, maybe he is.  

I know those pet cats very well , I had " three black panta "in my life , I know how they " ticki´n " 😂 Now , since we´re living in a forest , we got wild cats here and we feed them as well , now we have pet cats , we´never see except if the table is served with delicious meals for them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Shall we say "OWNED" @MicroMara?   😂  😂

I kinda feel bad.  He's not here to defend himself.  Well, maybe he is.  

Her name is Noelle.
She belongs to my elderly neighbor but she hangs out in my yard most of the time that she’s out of his house.

Unfortunately, he fell off a ladder and broke some ribs earlier in the week so she’s been hanging out at our place more than usual.

His daughter texted me last night and asked if I’d seen his cat.

Apparently she(the cat) ran out the door while the ambulance was there.

The daughter and granddaughter are supposed to be coming by later today to see if they can get her back inside. 

• Like 4