Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 5/9/2023 at 8:18 PM, grasshopper said:

thanx @MicroMara

yes they are for the LS. The room dimensions are 12 feet X 25 feet ... with the speakers on the long wall 6 feet from the corners.... with some serious toe in.

If I am looking at the diagrams you posted correctly,the false corner doesn't need to extend too far beyond the LF section to work

Ideally, the "lines of sight" for the speakers should cross slightly ahead of your listening position, according to PWK in a 1951 issue of The Dope From Hope.  That may sound extreme, but it gives the widest area of stereo effect.  I was dubious until I tried it with my JubScala IIs.

Rather than trying to aim the speakers by measuring, it's much easier to just use a laser pointer on the tops of the LS cabinets, at the front, in the middle.  They're very easy to aim correctly that way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2023 at 6:12 AM, Shakeydeal said:

I bet it's an open floor plan with high ceilings? If so, the absolute worst room for an audio system.

I thought high ceilings were good for that airy sound.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Islander said:

I thought high ceilings were good for that airy sound.

It's not so much the high ceilings as the open floor plan. It's also very hard to pressurize a room like that to give you good bass extension and dynamics. Very shouty too. You could throw a bunch of room treatment at it, but let's face it, these rooms are usually family type rooms and that's a no-no.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Shakeydeal said:

It's not so much the high ceilings as the open floor plan.

I agree with that.

With more than one set of speakers to those connected rooms it gets better!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Ideally, the "lines of sight" for the speakers should cross slightly ahead of your listening position, 

the MLP is on the opposite wall.. pretty centered between the speakers...  Approx 8 feet to each speaker. Speakers are 12 feet apart. The speakers are toed in 45` - 60`.... somewhere is that range

• Like 3

It's the wife's b'day.

No big deal... whatever you want for dinner thing.

She was waffling on dinner -- which leftovers she wanted... sheesh

asked her about cake.

She wanted a pie.  fruit pie.

decides on lemon chiffon. I wonder if she will notice I used lime to "kick it up a notch"? LOL

I made a pie shell and all from scratch. Pretty easy. You do use a few bowls in the process.I used 3 bowls and a pan.The table has flour from the pie shell... Still need to make whipped cream... I pretty well trashed the kitchen.

Happy Birthday, Honey! Gave you a mess in the kitchen. Don't you love it?

nah nah... I cleaned it up. 

my b'day...

she asks what I want

spaghetti and fresh bread.

she doesn't cook spaghetti... I let her off... because I had planned on making it anyway.

• Haha 4

Welllll if you cleaned the mess up she's prolly pretty happy.  lol  Then again you do run a tight ship when ur in the kitchen.  I wondered when you broke out the sawzall for the beef but you've got it in control.  lol  Could break out the Corona and when she asks for the lime just point to the pie.  :)     Spaghetti does sound good though.  Rain coming thru for the weekend so might be the only time left to do it.  Almost grill time.    :)

• Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 8:18 PM, grasshopper said:

thanx @MicroMara

yes they are for the LS. The room dimensions are 12 feet X 25 feet ... with the speakers on the long wall 6 feet from the corners.... with some serious toe in.

If I am looking at the diagrams you posted correctly,the false corner doesn't need to extend too far beyond the LF section to work

So they are up pretty close to the back wall? if so you don't need a corner just a pony wall off to the side. Before you go to the trouble of building something beautiful just pile up some cinder blocks(CMUs). See if it is worth pursuing.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, babadono said:

Happy B'day honey...there's a Messerschmitt in the kitchen:D

HHHHMMMM , must be a big kitchen for all these Messerschmitt´s . Are you sure it is a kitchen, a hangar would probably make more sense 😁

The 109

109.jpg.05479400f47452a407f877805a15bac2.jpg

The ME 262

Historic-military-aircraft-Messerschmitt-Me-262-airports-Par.thumb.jpg.e7cdbb38f0f96345926c798db63fb26e.jpg

The 163

163.thumb.jpg.aaba0ff6aaac1547325dc687a96a781f.jpg

Finally The " Kabinenroller "

messerschmittkabinenroller.png.1f9ae85b7186f1df169ac8dbd5a8c500.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ohhhhh Kkkkkkk the mushroom chatter???  Tonite I see THIS?    

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/education/2023/05/10/ohio-state-to-grow-psychedelic-mushrooms-under-first-eohio-state-to-be-first-u-s-university-to-study/70202922007/

Maybe I could volunteer for the study?   Nope, nope and STILL nope!  :)

Only in Ohio.  The "Heart of it All." they say.   😂

• Like 1

Regarding hallucinogens...if you're not in the right frame of mind it will be one of the worst decisions you'll ever make. I'm old and haven't indulged in decades but I've extensive experience with them. Not to mention like everything else technology has left it's mark on recreational drug usage. Tread lightly and be informed.

• Like 1

Mornin' All

was puttering around in the yard

... and because I don't like ear buds, I turn up the stereo...old fashion style.

the AirForce is playing so noise restrictions are off.

I've been cutting back some of the scrub mesquite trees. Stickery buggers, they are. Some worse than others. I would like to rid myself of them.... ya need a backhoe for that.They are tenacious. My usual way of dealing with them is to prune them up, into a tree form and let them grow out of my way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Ohhhhh Kkkkkkk the mushroom chatter???  Tonite I see THIS?    

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/education/2023/05/10/ohio-state-to-grow-psychedelic-mushrooms-under-first-eohio-state-to-be-first-u-s-university-to-study/70202922007/

Maybe I could volunteer for the study?   Nope, nope and STILL nope!  :)

Only in Ohio.  The "Heart of it All." they say.   😂

HHHMMM..... one mushroom is called Hendrix " The Columbus Dispatch " .  Was Jimi  the first mushromm ambassador  ?

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, geezin' said:

but I've extensive experience with them.

None trip is better than a bad one 😂 The best trip for the mind and soul is music, without the use of any drugs.

• Like 3