Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Great! 

Of course not! I wish to engage but are we allowed to counter those that aren't as tolerant or respectful? Maybe @OO1 can give us some guidance on how to continue...

The problem is, those spouting "tolerance" in our society are anything but. They demand we tolerate their views, lifestyle and opinion, but offer no patience for those who chose to walk a different path.

Not pointing fingers, but some of the behaviors exhibited by those who want to be "left alone" is indicative of someone who shouts "look at me!".

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

The problem is, those spouting "tolerance" in our society are anything but. They demand we tolerate their views, lifestyle and opinion, but offer no patience for those who chose to walk a different path.

Not pointing fingers, but some of the behaviors exhibited by those who want to be "left alone" is indicative of someone who shouts "look at me!".

A few may but the vast majority simply wish to be treated like human beings. Not denied goods and services...like health care that others have. I'm done there's no changing of minds being attempted here just voicing my viewpoint. TTFN...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I don't think anyone is denying adults health care. Not that I've heard of. But questioning a parent mutilating their children's genitalia is something else 

Fwiw, I know a family on the frontline of the transgender issue and there is no "genitalia mutilation of children.  Everything they choose to do is reversible if they decide differently at age 18. {Note: Evidently there are cases of 16 year olds being allowed to have surgery in extreme cases, which I have to think is for the persons wellbeing as deemed by everyone involved.}

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

The problem is, those spouting "tolerance" in our society are anything but. They demand we tolerate their views, lifestyle and opinion, but offer no patience for those who chose to walk a different path...

This really isn't a problem if you don't engage with them in debate. Those wanting to be "left alone" are the quiet ones (on all sides) and the ones entering the public discussion are expressing their rights as citizens. That's how I see it. 

11 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Great! 

Maybe @OO1 can give us some guidance on how to continue...

- Yes please, let’s do that. What could go wrong? Unless of course Randy (001) has taken the role of undercover moderator??

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, richieb said:

- Yes please, let’s do that. What could go wrong? Unless of course Randy (001) has taken the role of undercover moderator??

Dunno. Back in the day he advised me what was allowed and then chastised me when evidently I misunderstood...

22 hours ago, OO1 said:

Why not ,  The klipsch Forum is a Community composed of Women , Men of all walks of life , regardless of  age , race , religion ,  nationality  or  sexual orientation   , all are Welcome  to share their views equally ,  but within reason  .

Fwiw, this sounds reasonable, but...

Neew Yoorrkk?

My salsa's from way down south:lol:

But I had enough collected over fifty years to fill a 1K sq ft place. Not sure if what's in the basement survived the past two years.

Appreciate the thought Mr. Man!

* did find a slide of MSG from way back. My pop saw Cassius Clay fight there before he married my mom!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Neew Yoorrkk?

My salsa's from way down south:lol:

But I had enough collected over fifty years to fill a 1K sq ft place. Not sure if what's in the basement survived the past two years.

Appreciate the thought Mr. Man!

* did find a slide of MSG from way back. My pop saw Cassius Clay fight there before he married my mom!

Cassisus Clay married your mom? 😲

• Haha 3

On 5/18/2023 at 4:40 AM, geezin' said:

Frost on the car when I walked Shaggy this morning.

In most of Canada, Victoria Day, also called May 24th because it's around that day, also called May 2-4 among those who like to pick up a 2-4 of beer (case of 24) for the long weekend, is the unofficial start to summer.  This is because it's the first day that even overnight frost is very unlikely, so it's the earliest date for camping out, planting seeds, or motorcycle races.

All that adds up to make the 3rd weekend in May pretty significant to all kinds of Canadians, for all kinds of reasons.

• Like 4

On 5/18/2023 at 6:49 PM, oldtimer said:

It's just a shot away

It's just a shot away...

For the longest time (decades, actually), I thought that the words "rape, murder" were "Hey, Murdoch!", so I really wondered why "'E's just a shot away"?  If 'e was just a shot away, I wouldn't be yelling out his name.  Rock 'n roll can be so confusing...

This is how a good hi-fi helps eliminate misunderstandings.  One friend of mine wondered for the longest time just who was the "Secret Asian Man", and why were they giving him a number and takin' 'way his name?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3